Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 rta kindly sent to me by sourcemore. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 rta; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • New German project By 1o3 & Vapefly
    • 6 stainless steel wires for better liquid transfer or 4 traditional wires
    • 2 interchangeable airflow air-pins offer multiple airflow adjustment choices
    • 12 holes for airflow, its design also ensures closed bottom airflow
    • 360 ° airflow that guarantees great flavor
    • The spring refill system avoids the problem of liquid leakage
    • 2 styles of coil regeneration to meet your different vaping needs.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-2.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; Packaging:
    The usual and beautiful Vapefly packaging comes with the colors of an ancient parchment. The name "Brunhilde 1o3 RTA" appears in Gothic style characters, they are also present; the writing "The Saga Continues" logo and name of the Brand (Vapefly), an adhesive stamp that shows the color of this sample (Gunmetal) and a sealing wax logo that reminds us of the collaboration between the German 1o3 and Vapefly.

On the back side of the sleeve and under the heading "Brunhilde 1o3 RTA" appear; features, various social icons, brand addresses and contacts, warnings, scratc & check, barcode, logos / brands.
    "Brunhilde 1o3 RTA" is also shown on one side of the box with a mix of Gothic and conventional writing.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-3.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; Packing List:
    • 1 * Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA
    • 1 * Replacement 7ml Glass Tube
    • 2 * Pre-built 3mm ID Coils, KA1, 26ga * 3 + 38ga, 0.35Ω
    • 1 * 810 to 510 Stainless Steel Drip-Tip Converter
    • 2 * Firebolt Cotton Laces
    • 1 * Allen key
    • 1 * T-Shaped Screwdriver
    • 4 * Allen screws
    • 2 * Screws for breathable doors
    • 1 * Air-Pin for spare airflow
    • 1 * Silicone plug for Single-coil configuration
    • 4 * Stainless Steel Wires (4 also installed in the RTA)
    • Various orings
    • 1 * Warranty Certificate
    • 1 * User Manual

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-4.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; Technical data:
    • Vapefly brand
    • Product name Brunhilde 1o3 RTA
    • Diameter 25.2mm
    • Height 69.9mm
    • DripTip 810
    • Rebuildable single or double coil
    • 7ml capacity

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-5.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; Available colours:
    • Silver
    • Black
    • Gunmetal

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-6.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; First Impressions:
    Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA is the updated version of the original Brunhilde MTL RTA much admired for its beautiful handcrafted mold finishes, the Brunhilde 1o3 RTA is not much different from the outside, however the biggest changes are placed on the inside. In fact, the new Brunhilde 1o3 RTA gains the possibility of being regenerated with both single and double coils and takes advantage of numerous possibilities for regulating the air flow up to 360 ° coverage. In addition, there is an interesting liquid transmission system towards the coil through 4 steel braided cables which can even become 6! Before deepening the discussion on this fantastic RTA, I am attaching a photo of the combination with Brunhilde Mod 100W, the aesthetic combination between the Mod and the tank highlights the considerable length of this slightly disproportionate tank, but I must say that the style and the decorations of the mod and the tank match optimally, so you can turn a blind eye willingly.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-7.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; Exploded view:
    The gold-plated 510 pin on the bottom is adjustable, protrudes slightly and is completely removable, this allows you to separate some elements of the deck for deep cleaning operations. Sourcemore sent me the Gunmetal version of this Tank and I was very impressed with the amount of spares and accessories in the box. Another interesting news concerns the good and robust construction quality of all the components that speed up and facilitate assembly / disassembly operations thanks to precise machining tolerances.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-8.jpg

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-9.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; E-liquid filling:
    A peculiarity that makes this product interesting is certainly the type of filling with safety valve. The system uses a perforated swivel jacket and by connecting the hole in the external jacket with the one inside the body of the tank, we can insert up to 7ml of e-liquid with the maximum speed and safety possible. Of course, you need a bottle tip of the right size. For filling, I use normal 30ml plastic vials without any inconvenience.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-10.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; Twisted steel cables:
    As I announced Brunhilde Tank uses intertwined steel cables to transfer the liquid by capillarity from the tank to the coil and to the cotton, normally in similar systems there are 4 steel cables but Vapefly wanted to amaze everyone by offering the user the possibility to remove two screws on the bridge to insert another 2 steel cables (3 for 2 sides), with 6 steel cables the correct feeding of the coils and the cotton are 100% guaranteed.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-11.jpg

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-12.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; DripTip 510 & 810:
    In the package there is a 510 adapter hardened steel to replace the original DripTip with a smaller one, this may seem trivial, but it is not, because as we will see later this can be really useful in combination with the various air setting possibilities that this tank offers us.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-13.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; Bottom airflow:
    The hole for filling the liquid is the smaller one below in the image, while the larger hole performs the function of transporting the air and investing the coils or the coil from bottom to top, the rotation of the jacket It is equipped with limit switch stops, so it is possible to select both the AFC completely open or closed, by turning from the other direction you can select the hole for the refilling of e-liquid.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-14.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; Side / top airflow:
    The upper cap fits into the outer jacket and its configuration with variable height teeth can open / close different combinations of holes, the AFC "honeycomb" system uses 12 + 12 holes that can then direct the flow towards the upper part and the central part of the coils with various angles and in a personalized way.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-15.jpg

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-16.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; 360 ° Air Flow:
    In single-coil configuration, the air flow coming from the bottom can be further modified and customized by inserting the appropriate white plug in combination with the air-pin with multiple holes and driptip 510, or with the wide slot one in combination to the driptip 810. By removing the white plug it is possible to build in dual Coil and insert the wide slot airpin, or completely remove the airpin to maximize the passage of air, of course with these dual-coil configurations it is advisable to use of the 810 driptip.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-17.jpg

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-18.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; Deck:
    Regenerating this tank is simple, the "velocity" configuration of the deck requires you to insert the coil legs diagonally on the holes on the turrets, after inserting a coil and tightening the Allen screws, you can easily cut the excess wire protrusions , then you can decide whether to insert the other coil or the plug to transform the deck into a single coil build. The arrangement of the cotton is as simple as in a common RDA, so simply place the ends of the cotton gently on the bottom of the tub.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-19.jpg

► Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA; Vaping test and final conclusions:
    For my Vaping test I used a strawberry flavor diluted in a solution of VG / PG 70:30 with 3mg / ml of nic, then I installed the two pre-built coils supplied (3mm ID, KA1, 26ga * 3 + 38ga, 0.35Ω) for a final impedance of 0.17Ω. I used the standard configuration with the 4 steel cables for drawing the e-liquid and the 4 cables proved to be able to correctly feed the cotton and the two coils up to 70W. The best airpin for this configuration turned out to be the one with a single wide slot, I also tried completely extracting the Airpin but the shot is too airy and lacking in contrast, forcing me to close the AFC a lot. With the Airpin correctly inserted and fully exploiting the AFC system at 360 ° I obtained a DL vape rather rich in flavor with dense clouds of vapor but with some hiss in the intake. Finally, the tank seems to dissipate heat well thanks to its massive steel construction which is distributed over a rather long body.

Then I switched to the single-coil configuration and then from one side of the tank I extracted the two steel cables and the central screw to insert the silicone plug with its 3 sockets that perfectly plug the 3 holes. On the other side of the tank and under the coil I unscrewed the central screw and inserted the third steel cable for a rich supply of my coil, then I inserted the airpin diffuser with honeycomb design between the two turrets, then I filled the tank with e-liquid and inserted the stainless steel Drip-Tip converter to switch from the 810 to the 510 configuration. The power supply of my coil with the 3 cables is very good and I do not run the risk of running in dry shots not even pushing my coil to 40W. I went down to 30W and started adjusting the upper AFC by leaving a few holes open and I arrived at the RDL result that I have been looking for for a long time and that other systems could not transmit to me, so I am really happy, also a few times during the vape I close completely the lower regulation of the air and this leads on the one hand to a slight loss of aroma but on the other hand it raises a lot the blow in the throat and the perception of nic to my great satisfaction and contentment. Do I recommend Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA? I don't know about you, but I bought and ordered two more from Sourcemore.

Thanks to Sourcemore for sending me this sample for review.
    To get the discounted price of $ 25.39 you can enter the code: 1O3R

Vapefly Brunhilde 1o3 RTA 7ml 25.2mm Vape Tank

Thanks for reading.

Vapefly-Brunhilde-1o3-RTA-20.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Great review! I might just have to try this one. It sounds really good.

I'd highly recommend this one Mate:thumb:
    The Brunhilde 103 gets a Big thumbs up from me:thumbs: it's very very close in flavour to the Brunhilde MTL RTA, now that's tasty:drool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread