Vapefly Holic RDA - complete disassembly possibe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Recently received a Holic rda and I wanted to thoroughly clean it before I use it.

I unscrewed the 510 positive pin, which makes the positive post wobbly but it can't be removed because part of it goes underneath the negative post.

It looks like the negative post might actually be press-fitted into to the deck, but I tried to pull it out with some needle-nosed pliers with no luck. To be honest, I didn't give it as good of a shot as I'd like to because I don't want to damage it and I'm wondering of there is another step to disassembly that I'm over looking.

Any info appreciated.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    OK, so the deck is 2 pieces press-fit together and that will have to be taken apart. But you'll need a vise to get it back together. I don't have a vise so I won't be trying to take it apart at this point.

Instructions given to me are...
    • Lay the holic on its side on a piece of softish wood.
    • Get an old pocket knife & place the blade in the groove.
    • Carefully hit the back of the knife blade a few of times.
    • Keep doing that all the way around the atty. Eventually the press-fit gives way a little.
    • After that find something a little wider to fit in the now larger groove, like ever increasing sizes of flat screwdrivers) Eventually it just pops apart.
    • To put back together, use a bench vice with some pieces of wood to protect the atty, and carefully press the two halves back together.
    Nice atty, idiotic design.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread