Vapeman Steam Engine DNA 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
dna means it uses a more precise chip for vaping, especially for temperature control. There are a couple major makers, and DNA means a more precise way of measuring temperature and I believe also the ability to use multiple different types of firmware, although I'm not sure if that's the case across the board. My understanding of a DNA chip though is that it offers a lot of precision and versatility in terms of the user interface and temp control. With that said, I have non-DNA mods that do that just fine for my purposes.

I was in the mood to buy a DNA mod and did a gigantic search and this was the only one that I liked although I thought it was a one battery, not a two battery mod (which kind of sealed the deal for me, I don't need the wattage, but I do enjoy having a longer battery life).

A lot of the DNA mods out there were either boxy, or just had things about it that would rule it out for me (i.e. a huge touchscreen that I'd scratch on day one).

I had been eyeing this thing for ages, and I am glad I purchased it :) Hopefully all will go well. To the best of my understanding yes, it is real leather.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: yo vapo

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
What exactly is DNA in this context? I'm old school and don't grok some of the new terms. :confused:
DNA are a series of chipsets/boards made by the company Evolv. Evolv invented and introduced temperature control (with the DNA40), and their boards are regarded as the best and most accurate tc boards on the market. Evolv doesn't manufacture and sell their own mods, instead you'll find many different manufacturers using Evolv's DNA boards in the mods they manufacture.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
1BBFF59A-1756-4A9C-87D7-A78FC24A9332.jpeg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So i just got this today. Initial impressions, great well built mod. Only negative is fire button rattles if you shake the mod nothing that bothers me. Definitely recommend this but again it is only day one.
Handsome mod. Looks like it would have a comfortable hand feel as well.

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
@Dubminer @ShowerHead now that youve had it for a while, how are you guys liking this beauty? I have one on the way. I also bought a Cylon and will be sending back the one I like the least. Any issues besides the button rattle? Is the weight annoying? How's the leather and metal finishes holding up?

@stols001 did you ever get yours?

Reactions: stols001

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
@Dubminer @ShowerHead now that youve had it for a while, how are you guys liking this beauty? I have one on the way. I also bought a Cylon and will be sending back the one I like the least. Any issues besides the button rattle? Is the weight annoying? How's the leather and metal finishes holding up?

@stols001 did you ever get yours?
I am still absolutely loving it. It is heavy but that does not bother me. The fire button i really like,no need to search for it.The metal and leather is like the day i got it. It lasts me for days between charges as well. I would buy another.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I did, thank you for asking! I forgot to report back. I absolutely love mine as well, super smooth, lovely vape, and yes, the button has the tiniest rattle, but over time I've just figured out where/how to press it so it doesn't do that. Battery life (for me) is great (vaping around 10 watts). Leather is holding up fine, although I am being careful with it (and I owned horses growing up so I know how to care for leather, although there was clearly some protective finish applied, not quite sure what.

I haven't tested TC, mainly because I was looking for a super tank match, and found the tank (in the pic I will be posting momentarily, LOL, sometimes I feel I am posting this pic too MUCH) that I felt would greatly suit it. It's a Spider I tank and takes the Nautilus (smaller) BDC coils (I think they are, though I am still vaping the proprietary coil 1.8 and it's not a TC tank but I accidentally bought over 25 of those coils and had NO idea what I would with them until I found out this tank takes them) and it's a 5 ml tank that vapes like a small one.... I've filled it 3 times first coil still going strong, and I love the vape so am in no rush to test TC although I really should, but I'm okay for now.

Love the tank (4.99 on clearance) and love the mod, one of the most smooth, flavorful vapes I have happening right now.

aJbgam7.jpg

Guess it's a bit of a "niche" mod, but I really love it. The DNA screen is nice and small, love the brass, love everything about it. I guess my one complaint is it feels large in the hand but it is a two battery mod. I had to work really hard to "complain". Will be testing TC soon, if I can bear to swap out tanks. Also NOT taking it out of the house, honestly this setup is something pretty you want to NOT have rattling around in your purse (probably). The vape is fantastic is my main takeaway, though. Very nice. Really glad I got it.

@Dubminer , if you are a MTL vaper and interested in said tank, I bought two, and I believe that I bought them on Sourcemore, on clearance. I think. If you are really interested, I can check. If it's not your thing, no worries... :)

Anna

• Love
Reactions: SteamHead

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I did, thank you for asking! I forgot to report back. I absolutely love mine as well, super smooth, lovely vape, and yes, the button has the tiniest rattle, but over time I've just figured out where/how to press it so it doesn't do that. Battery life (for me) is great (vaping around 10 watts). Leather is holding up fine, although I am being careful with it (and I owned horses growing up so I know how to care for leather, although there was clearly some protective finish applied, not quite sure what.

I haven't tested TC, mainly because I was looking for a super tank match, and found the tank (in the pic I will be posting momentarily, LOL, sometimes I feel I am posting this pic too MUCH) that I felt would greatly suit it. It's a Spider I tank and takes the Nautilus (smaller) BDC coils (I think they are, though I am still vaping the proprietary coil 1.8 and it's not a TC tank but I accidentally bought over 25 of those coils and had NO idea what I would with them until I found out this tank takes them) and it's a 5 ml tank that vapes like a small one.... I've filled it 3 times first coil still going strong, and I love the vape so am in no rush to test TC although I really should, but I'm okay for now.

Love the tank (4.99 on clearance) and love the mod, one of the most smooth, flavorful vapes I have happening right now.

aJbgam7.jpg

Guess it's a bit of a "niche" mod, but I really love it. The DNA screen is nice and small, love the brass, love everything about it. I guess my one complaint is it feels large in the hand but it is a two battery mod. I had to work really hard to "complain". Will be testing TC soon, if I can bear to swap out tanks. Also NOT taking it out of the house, honestly this setup is something pretty you want to NOT have rattling around in your purse (probably). The vape is fantastic is my main takeaway, though. Very nice. Really glad I got it.

@Dubminer , if you are a MTL vaper and interested in said tank, I bought two, and I believe that I bought them on Sourcemore, on clearance. I think. If you are really interested, I can check. If it's not your thing, no worries... :)

Anna
Thank you Anna,i only use rebuildables now and only my Doggy's at that so i am fine. The TC like all DNA devices is flawless,it is all i use. I am a MTL vaper.

Reactions: stols001

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
It's really great to hear y'all are enjoying it! Mine should be here tomorrow. If I would've seen the Steamer first, I probably wouldn't have bought the Cylon. It is a great mod and I'll be sad to send it back, but I don't have the budget to keep both.

@stols001 that's a great tank, very fitting! It may sound crazy, but you should consider staining the wood! It's literally as easy as wiping it on with a rag.

My topper is gonna be a Reload clone, gold with a bubble tank, and a copper 810 drip tip. Should look reasonably snazzy :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread