Vaping and beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Okay this might seem silly and pointless, but were here to talk about all the stuffs we like even the silly stuffs right?

So I found a great way to combat vapers tongue in the evenings. Beer that compliments your vape. Right now I'm drinking a little thing called burton baton from a brewer called dogfish head (one of my top ten) and it's kicking up the flavor of my fruity vape like nobodies business. This got me to thinking. What beers go well with certain types of juice. It's almost like matching a mean with the right beer after all.

So has anybody else got a really good beer/wine/ liquor vape combo that just "works"?

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
One of the reasons I had to cut back on drinking was the association with smoking and drinking. But, not to say that some moonshine and pure nicotine juice compliment each other well :)

Oh without a doubt, that's one of the great things about vaping. It can really suit whoever is using it. To hell with my vamp or anybodies prover, if it works for you then damnit you're aces. It really can work with whatever you are doing at the time.

ScarletAbby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
San Jose, CA
Okay this might seem silly and pointless, but were here to talk about all the stuffs we like even the silly stuffs right?

So I found a great way to combat vapers tongue in the evenings. Beer that compliments your vape. Right now I'm drinking a little thing called burton baton from a brewer called dogfish head (one of my top ten) and it's kicking up the flavor of my fruity vape like nobodies business. This got me to thinking. What beers go well with certain types of juice. It's almost like matching a mean with the right beer after all.

So has anybody else got a really good beer/wine/ liquor vape combo that just "works"?

Beer do sounds good with this CA heat. I tend to pair Negra Modelo with Ahlusion's Devil Dog. Both dark and earthy, strong flavors so it's definitely an acquired taste.

Moses195

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
New Mexico
I noticed right off that drinking ANY beer will enhance flavors by 25%. Then I sip Gin and it brings out the flavors even more. So trying to chase that the next morning, I've tried mouthwash with 21% alcohol but it didn't seem to do the trick. Next, by accident I ate some salsa with jalapenos that were really HOT. The next day my taste buds were REALLY AWAKE. After 4 days it was wearing off so I ate 2 jalapeno rings and sure enough, taste buds were awakened again. Your mileage may vary.

Dana

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Beer do sounds good with this CA heat. I tend to pair Negra Modelo with Ahlusion's Devil Dog. Both dark and earthy, strong flavors so it's definitely an acquired taste.

Can't say I've tried those, but darn if I am not going to hunt um down. I love all the diverse beers they have out there. My saying is if you think you hate beer you just have not tried enough :D

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina
I Love Burton Baton, one of my top beers as well. Also like pretty much everything Dogfish Head brews. I have found that just about any craft beer will bring out the flavor of a vape nicely, but a good paring brings both the flavor of the beer and the flavor of the vape out much better. I try to pair them the same way that I pair food with craft beer. I normally use the chart at CraftBeer.com | Pairing Chart as my starting point. For example I love to be vaping Mocha Coffee or Whipped Cream while I am sipping a World Wide Stout (also from Dogfish Head). While Grumpy Bear (from MBV) works well with Dortmunder Gold from Great Lakes.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
I Love Burton Baton, one of my top beers as well. Also like pretty much everything Dogfish Head brews. I have found that just about any craft beer will bring out the flavor of a vape nicely, but a good paring brings both the flavor of the beer and the flavor of the vape out much better. I try to pair them the same way that I pair food with craft beer. I normally use the chart at CraftBeer.com | Pairing Chart as my starting point. For example I love to be vaping Mocha Coffee or Whipped Cream while I am sipping a World Wide Stout (also from Dogfish Head). While Grumpy Bear (from MBV) works well with Dortmunder Gold from Great Lakes.

I love Great Lakes beers just finished off a case of their Rye of the Tiger, YUM. I will have to give that pairing chart a try. See what might go well with Burning River. I really should open up a beer/vape store sell the best of both worlds and offer pairing advice :D

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
I only drink pabst (when drinking beer). No vape compliments that. Lol

Yup! that makes me home sick. I miss wisconsin.

Now in Boston I am into the Sam Adams. My vape is Nothing deeply sugar/ pastry like a bakery flavour. Or super sweet like a candy. For me it is just a simple menthol with out a lot of futzing about flavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread