Vaping and contact lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah these are all options, I have not decided though.

I do have congenital night blindness, and that's kinda a pain, it worsens as you age. I'm sort of glad the DMV (here) anyway does not like, shove you in a "night" simulation or whatnot I could get revoked on the spot. In a few years if it keeps up.

Treatment for night blindness (congenital) almost word for word off some optometry site: "Your optometrist may also MONTIOR your night blindness and, at the appropriate time REVOKE your driving privileges..

HOW IS THAT IN ANY WAY TREATMENT. Punishment, maybe, treatment not so much.

I mean, if life were fair, I'd have have a nice blinky pink light on the top of my car and be allowed to have my high beams on at all times.. I mean, for YOU yeah, it's a moment of discomfort as you look down at the white lines. FOR me, it could be the difference between like running over a coyote or a young child.

Whoever implied, stated, or otherwise tried to get me to think life was fair, though? If it ever happened (I don't remember much of it growing up honestly LOL) well they were not accurate.

I have yet to mention my night blindness to an optometrist I figure they can decide when it is time to revoke me or whatever. I do try not to do it much and for short periods, if I have to. But I'm not SELF revoking I mean, no.
Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
And in this day with electronic medical records, it may not be prudent to mention the condition to any health care "provider". There are things I keep only to myself and Mrs CMD - we don't have Alexa in the home.

Alexa, I am not nightblind but know those who are!

Yeah these are all options, I have not decided though.

I do have congenital night blindness, and that's kinda a pain, it worsens as you age. I'm sort of glad the DMV (here) anyway does not like, shove you in a "night" simulation or whatnot I could get revoked on the spot. In a few years if it keeps up.

Treatment for night blindness (congenital) almost word for word off some optometry site: "Your optometrist may also MONTIOR your night blindness and, at the appropriate time REVOKE your driving privileges..

HOW IS THAT IN ANY WAY TREATMENT. Punishment, maybe, treatment not so much.

I mean, if life were fair, I'd have have a nice blinky pink light on the top of my car and be allowed to have my high beams on at all times.. I mean, for YOU yeah, it's a moment of discomfort as you look down at the white lines. FOR me, it could be the difference between like running over a coyote or a young child.

Whoever implied, stated, or otherwise tried to get me to think life was fair, though? If it ever happened (I don't remember much of it growing up honestly LOL) well they were not accurate.

I have yet to mention my night blindness to an optometrist I figure they can decide when it is time to revoke me or whatever. I do try not to do it much and for short periods, if I have to. But I'm not SELF revoking I mean, no.
Anna

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I would love to be able to wear contacts but my eyes have always been way too dry.

Remember when you smoked cigarettes and if you'd get smoke in your eyes - how bad that burned ?
Vapor in the eyes does not burn.

But ooooooh make sure your hands are clean before rubbing your eyes, cause nic/e-liquid sure burns if you have any on your hands ! :shock:

I was putting in artificial tears several times an hour and still my eyes were dry. Now that I’ve tried several times I don’t think vaping has anything to do with my problems, I’m just not built for them!

• Agree
Reactions: classwife

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Some people aren't. The bridge of my nose puts up a revolt every time I put my cheap Walmart glasses on to read my note taking software the programming company decided to like make 6 point font and they keep saying you can't change it. And, you cannot, even if you increase the magnification on your computer screen.

You need 72 inch monitors to actually read it, and even then, it's not easy. LOL. My nose was not built for glasses.

I better get on it though I am down to nowhere near enough contacts and that would be one. No, not for both eyes, just ONE. One contact.

Anna

Reactions: CMD-Ky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread