Vaping for sure helped me quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I've posted elsewhere on the forums about my experiences.
  • Smoked analogs (Marlboros) since I was 11
  • Was a heavy smoker by the time I was 15
  • Was a super heavy smoker by 21 and stayed that way for over 20 years
  • Was in my 40's and was still smoking 1 to 2 and 1/2 packs per day.
  • Seemed that I always had a cig in my hand.
  • If I ran out, I was like "crazy"
For me - I know I was addicted to the nic but I was used to "smoking". I gave vaping a try and that is how I first found this forum. Started with the store bought stuff and gradually worked my way up to better and better equipment as I became more experienced and knowledgeable.

The things is --- I really wanted to quit. Some people I think do not really want to quit analogs. I REALLY wanted to. I had never gave it much of a try because I am the type that succeeds at things and tried to set realistic goals and I just thought it would really make me unhappy if I had to so I never really tried.

I never went back to analogs from the day I started vaping. Two times within the first year I had either completely run out of battery or juices and bought a pack of cigs, took one puff , I think I coughed and immediately gave the analogs away or chucked them.

I have friends that do the dual use thing - I am more of an all of nothing person. If I smoked and vaped I would probably still be doing both and that is not what I wanted.

I vape a lot and regularly. Am down to between 0 and 3 mg. Mostly 2 to 3 and am happy there.

Now, If I happen to run out to the store without my vape or run out of juice (which really does not happen anymore), it is not a big deal. I truly do not freak out.

I do not bring my vape into the restroom - always brought analogs.

Although I do vape regularly - it is not the first thing I reach for in the morning. I usually get up, get together and have coffee. With analogs, I had one in my mouth as soon as I opened my eyes .

Thankfully I did not have any health issues from smoking all those years. Still, I was not looking at vaping as a supplement to smoking - I was looking for a healthier substitution and I found it.

I really feel that I can take it or leave it and that I am not "addicted" - now it is a habit and a lifestyle that I enjoy.

If I were, for example. going to a hotel and was told I could not vape, I might not like it but it would not be a deal breaker for me. As a smoker, it would have been a deal breaker because I would have been miserable if I could not have smoked for any length of time and would not have gone.

I do not have any health issues but I was wheezing when I smoked and I do not have that anymore and I hardly ever get winded.

The only downside was that I did gain some weight --lol.

People that know me never thought that they would have seen the day that I quit --- and i never told anyone I was quitting - I just did it.

I'm thrilled to be part of the vaping community and will NEVER go back to analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread