Vaping in car - window residue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushnbeans

Verified Member
Mar 18, 2012
United States
I wanted to inquire on other experiences of vaping on the go, more specifically in your car. Do you notice any buildup/residue/fog on your windows? It seems this is happening to me, moreso than when i was smoking analogs. It could just be the huge clouds im constantly blowing nowadays tho... I love my kayfun clone lol.

worst case, I just need to clean them more often which isnt a problem :)

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
To my thinking anyway, vaping exhaust is primarily water vapor, so the introduction of more moisture in a closed car environment could cause fogging of the glass and possibly attracting dust and other airborne material.
Most folks when smoking in their car open a window to release the smoke. I know I did while smoking. I do not do this when driving and vaping.

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
To my thinking anyway, vaping exhaust is primarily water vapor, so the introduction of more moisture in a closed car environment could cause fogging of the glass and possibly attracting dust and other airborne material.
Most folks when smoking in their car open a window to release the smoke. I know I did while smoking. I do not do this when driving and vaping.

Is it primarily water vapor? I thought it would be like vaporized PG and VG?

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
One reason micropore filter air filtration became popular in hospitals and replaced forced air laced with propylene glycol was that PG seems to stick to long-chain molecules and dust motes floating in the air. Back in the Age of PG, hospitals had to swab down every surface every few days. You don't have to do that if you're filtering the air to remove all those indoor pollutants.

I used to chain-smoke in the car; now I chain-vape. In my smoking days, I had to wash the inside glass every month to six weeks. Now, I'll clean the windows every six months or so. And what shows up on the Windex-soaked paper towels is pale gray instead of brown.

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
Oops, guess I read the wrong propoganda leaflet. I've read somewhere water vapor. My bad, not trying you spread bad info

Yeah, I'm not sure myself, it's hard to find info as to what the 'vapor' actually is, conflicting information out there. The following is taken from an ecig manufacturers website:

"The smoke-like mist being emitted from an electronic cigarette is just water-based vapor that dissipates within seconds."

But when I think about it, if we are vaporizing PG, VG, wouldn't that be what the vapor is made of? I dunno, anyone have the real facts?

Last edited:

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I probably don't have the best vision (only wear glasses for driving & while at work) I vape quite a bit in front of laptop and ipad, big clouds when ever possible, and never have seen any residue. Vape in the car, never seen any fog or residue on windshield or side windows or anywhere. I do crack window tho otherwise I wouldn't be able to see the road clearly cuz of the cloud. Plus I just like watching the cloud go out the window. Maybe there is a residue on these thing I vape around, but I've never seen it. If I can't see it, it "aint" there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread