The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping in car - window residue?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by kushnbeans, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kushnbeans

kushnbeans Full Member Verified Member

Mar 18, 2012
    United States
    I wanted to inquire on other experiences of vaping on the go, more specifically in your car. Do you notice any buildup/residue/fog on your windows? It seems this is happening to me, moreso than when i was smoking analogs. It could just be the huge clouds im constantly blowing nowadays tho... I love my kayfun clone lol.

worst case, I just need to clean them more often which isnt a problem :)

2. zanedog

zanedog Moved On

Jan 28, 2014
    Alberta
    I am thinking as well, my computer monitor and cell phone screen are getting coated. Water doesn't take it off, I have to use windex. Just starting to notice it, so not 100 percent certain what the cause is.

3. EBates

EBates Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Texas
    To my thinking anyway, vaping exhaust is primarily water vapor, so the introduction of more moisture in a closed car environment could cause fogging of the glass and possibly attracting dust and other airborne material.
    Most folks when smoking in their car open a window to release the smoke. I know I did while smoking. I do not do this when driving and vaping.

4. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Rivanna
    My phone sits in front of me on my desk. I just cleaned the screen with water. ??? But, I am not much of a cloud maker. My exhales are less than a cigarette's.

5. zanedog

zanedog Moved On

Jan 28, 2014
    Alberta
    Is it primarily water vapor? I thought it would be like vaporized PG and VG?

6. mostlyclassics

mostlyclassics Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

One reason micropore filter air filtration became popular in hospitals and replaced forced air laced with propylene glycol was that PG seems to stick to long-chain molecules and dust motes floating in the air. Back in the Age of PG, hospitals had to swab down every surface every few days. You don't have to do that if you're filtering the air to remove all those indoor pollutants.

I used to chain-smoke in the car; now I chain-vape. In my smoking days, I had to wash the inside glass every month to six weeks. Now, I'll clean the windows every six months or so. And what shows up on the Windex-soaked paper towels is pale gray instead of brown.

7. TimCo1980

TimCo1980 Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    California, USA
    I've read on other forums of people vaping in their bathroom and noticing a residue on the mirror. In most cases they were blowing huge clouds and fogging up the entire bathroom.

8. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Unresolved Status ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2013
    Amery, WI
    YES! This winter we have noticed it a lot more in the car. We have to clean the insides regularly. However, I believe its probably residue from the VG/PG.

9. Kollin6618

Kollin6618 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Denver, CO
    I usually crack the window when I vape in the car. The wife does notice a bit of fogging but at least it's not as bad as when I smoked in the car.

10. EBates

EBates Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Texas
    Oops, guess I read the wrong propoganda leaflet. I've read somewhere water vapor. My bad, not trying you spread bad info

11. Robdob

Robdob Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2013
    Colorado, via NH
    Hmmmmm.....if it coats windows, what is it doing to my lungs? Safer than smoking I know, now I'm thinking I should quit ecigs, too. What are people's thoughts? Not about me quitting :laugh: but about the lung coating.

12. zanedog

zanedog Moved On

Jan 28, 2014
    Alberta
    Yeah, I'm not sure myself, it's hard to find info as to what the 'vapor' actually is, conflicting information out there. The following is taken from an ecig manufacturers website:

"The smoke-like mist being emitted from an electronic cigarette is just water-based vapor that dissipates within seconds."

But when I think about it, if we are vaporizing PG, VG, wouldn't that be what the vapor is made of? I dunno, anyone have the real facts?

13. Steelgirl

Steelgirl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    I probably don't have the best vision (only wear glasses for driving & while at work) I vape quite a bit in front of laptop and ipad, big clouds when ever possible, and never have seen any residue. Vape in the car, never seen any fog or residue on windshield or side windows or anywhere. I do crack window tho otherwise I wouldn't be able to see the road clearly cuz of the cloud. Plus I just like watching the cloud go out the window. Maybe there is a residue on these thing I vape around, but I've never seen it. If I can't see it, it "aint" there :)

14. Dampmaskin

Dampmaskin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2014
    Norway
  15. Txaggiesaunt

Txaggiesaunt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2013
    Texas
  16. RIMP

RIMP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

When I first started vaping I noticed the "fog residue" on the glass. I cut down on the vg and increased my pg and now don't have the residue.

17. PeppermintPatty

PeppermintPatty Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2014
    California
    I vape in the car a lot because I drive for work. I always crack my driver's side window and the vapor zooms out really quick. I had read about the residue being difficult to get off so that is why I started cracking the window. Thusfar, I have not noticed any build up on the windows or anywhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.