• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in Europe for tourists

Status
Not open for further replies.

sit.happens

Nov 28, 2010
BC
First time posting in the Europe section.
The wife and I are planning to do the Global Pass rail trip in Europe this summer. Hopefully we will see most of the countries that we can in 40 days.

What is the situation in the various countries in Europe regarding vaping? Does everyone order online or can you purchase juice in stores in some countries? Any problems crossing borders while vaping? or is it better to hide it when the officials come to see your passport? Is juice easy to get in Eastern Europe? or is it better to stock up while in the UK or France?

We will probably pack a load of juice with us in our luggage. ( figuring out the plane angle will be another step) will they allow a bunch of bottles of juice onto a plane! will the juice leak in the checked luggage etc...

I know, probably a lot of dumb questions, but I figure, best to ask the people who live there and get there perspective.

pass77

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Switzerland
Hi,

if you go through Switzerland, be warned that you can only buy prefilled nicotine-free carts here, and I wasn't able to find juice anywhere (with or without nicotine alike). Vaping might not be very well tolerated inside bars and restaurants. No problem vaping (or smoking) in the street however.

About airplanes, you'd better put your juice in checked luggage. I have a feeling they wouldn't be keen on letting you carry bottles with a "toxic" warning on them in your hand luggage. In principle you might even have a problem with checked luggage, but still. Be careful about the amount you carry - some customs might raise a problem. For example, in Switzerland, anything over 40 pre-filled cartridges may (may!) be taxed.

Have fun!

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
You can vape freely in Portugal (I don't mean they'll alow it everywhere you go, because people have been brainwashed like everywhere else). For the time being... But with the FDA in the States not being too harsh on it now and Philip Morris taking care of their own ecig and all, maybe there's some kind of future for vaping.

Old Chemist

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
Poland
starychemik.wordpress.com
Is juice easy to get in Eastern Europe? or is it better to stock up while in the UK or France?
I can tell you about the situation in Poland - no problems whatsoever, at least in big cities. If you plan to be in Poland, feel free to ask (PM, if you're interested) - we can provide you with addresses of reliable shops.

mikad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
France, dept. 77
Hi,
No problem vaping in France, but to find a shop where you can buy the juice - forget it... almost impossible, at least in Ile-de-France (environs of Paris). There are the shops in Lyon, in Rennes, Montpellier, Caen and Le Blanc as I know.
So it's better to buy abroad for example in Eastern Europe, the price is great and the quality is good (there are many stores in Poland).
Have a great "voyage" :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread