• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in Toronto. Things to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
This summer I'll spend one month in Toronto, visiting my dad. My last time there was in 1999 and I wasn't vaping back then, obviously.

How are things in Ontario for vapers? Is vaping ok? Are there particular things I should be aware of? Thanks for your help. :)

If there are good vaping stores downtown and prices are not outrageous for e-liquids, I might avoid carrying with me too many provisions.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
You'll be happy to know the Canadian government fully embraces vaping as a harm reduction strategy so it's totally legal here. That said, anywhere you can't smoke you'll also not be able to vape.

I know there's lots of vape stores in downtown Toronto but I can't recommend any, sorry.

Have a great trip!

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
canadian govt does not support vaping as a harm reduction therapy, health canada has issued no such decree, actually the opposite and treating it as a tobacco product but no specific laws on vaping bans.
but plenty of vape shops, where u cant smoke applies to vaping, depending on store prices can vary and be pricey. google will help in finding vape shops near your locale. fyi convenience store/gas stations all seem to adverise and sell vape pens

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Toronto and the surrounding GTA has quite a diversity of vape shops.

Dashvapes, which has a number of shops in the GTA. Prices are average and equipment mostly caters toward the pod trend but still has a decent selection of devices and rebuildables. Has a great juice bar which if you look online most juices are coded so you can find, and sample within the store. Really smart setup

Ecigarette.ca in midtown Toronto is the mastermind behind the BB Vapes brand (BRVND). Excellent hardware selection from beginner kits to high(ish) end devices. Also sells refurbish/used gear

Vapes By Enushi is a high end vape shop located just North of Toronto in Markham. If you suffer from Shinyitis and have deep pockets, I would not pass up on the opportunity to pay them a visit.

Many, many other shops within Toronto – Google can assist in finding them.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
cool, they sure changed their stance from just a couple of years ago, they even took my delivered nic at customs by order of health canada, im sure that still hasnt change though

Supposedly, we can now legally import nic from anywhere in the world provided it does not exceed 66mg/g and is considered a reasonable personal amount for a 3 month supply. I don't know anyone who's tried to import any since Bill S-5 became law. It's impossible to find out what CBSA would consider a 3 month supply as well. I've followed every link and checked everywhere but can't find that magic number. :rolleyes:

Customs Notice 18-05 - Importation of Vaping Products - under the Tobacco and Vaping Products Act (TPVA)

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Supposedly, we can now legally import nic from anywhere in the world provided it does not exceed 66mg/g and is considered a reasonable personal amount for a 3 month supply. I don't know anyone who's tried to import any since Bill S-5 became law. It's impossible to find out what CBSA would consider a 3 month supply as well. I've followed every link and checked everywhere but can't find that magic number. :rolleyes:

Customs Notice 18-05 - Importation of Vaping Products - under the Tobacco and Vaping Products Act (TPVA)

Seem to recall a conversation from a Canadian individual having his juice order from the US confiscated by customs. Don’t recall the details or how much he ordered.

Reactions: ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Seem to recall a conversation from a Canadian individual having his juice order from the US confiscated by customs. Don’t recall the details or how much he ordered.

Yeah, that's the fly in the ointment. A personal 3 month supply varies widely among individuals. They need to publicly post that amount so that everyone can fall into line. The way it is now you're taking a risk when you order because nobody knows what the magic number is that is considered "reasonable".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread