Vaping Information/Community Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapebattles

Reviewer / Blogger
Nov 6, 2015
Hey everybody,

My name is Chris (introduced myself in the new members forum) and I would love to get some feedback on a project a few buddies and I have been working on, which you can find at www.vapebattles.com. The hope is to make it a useful vaping information and community resource. We just turned it live and at best I would say it is a "minimum viable product." So please don't expect a polished site, but we are pretty decent programmers (I am also in law school), all love vaping and wanted to build something that could support the community and give non-vapers the opportunity to learn more about vaping and how to start, while also giving veteran vapers a place to share their knowledge and even potentially compete.

The goal is to simplify access to information on vaping and to alleviate a lot of the misconceptions that non-vapers may have. This idea stemmed from what I have noticed happen in the marijuana community, with the growth of sites such as Leafly, Weedmaps, and MassRoots, all of which help provide information on marijuana in a simple and friendly manner.

If anyone is interested in helping out, I would love to get more people involved as well (interested in writing articles around vaping / tutorials / safety guides / "official" vaping product reviews which could be posted permanently on the products page as opposed to a user review - all of which you would get credited for on the site or any other help is welcome).

Currently online:

1. A User Review system for Vaping Products and Vape Shops (over 21,000 items)
2. A Vape Location Finder (around 4,000 shops - looking to add more of course)
3. A Vaping competition portal (which I would love to hear peoples ideas on what they would want for an online vaping competition portal. I think it would be awesome to get this going in a way that makes sense for anyone whose ever competed) We are currently thinking we will set up a theme for every two weeks and have users send us a 30ish second video based on that theme... We would then post the videos on our site and have a user voting mechanism, which will partially determine the winner along with our choice for our favorite.
4. A Vaping News Feed (where I will keep up with and post up-to-date news on regulations and anything else related to the vaping industry.)
5. A Reddit style feed titled "what are you vaping," where users can chat among themselves about there vaping activities...
6. User ability to add new vape products and locations.

Currently in the works:

1. Tutorials and Battery Safety Guide.
2. Revamping the front page to be clear on what www.VapeBattles.com is meant to be. I realized it was a bit confusing to the first few people we showed it to.

Current questions for the community (more will come with time):

1. Is a system for user reviews of vaping products/locations useful/needed? I am debating removing the user reviews. I have put together a huge database of juices and hardware products but I also understand that people generally dislike having to post/reviews things themselves.
2. Generally, what else would you like to see in a information resource and community site? We want to iterate the site quickly and get new features and remove useless features to the community as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread