• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping laws in Korea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglegsw14

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Sweet. Thank you. I leave today for Seoul. And if I get time I will hit that pub up. I'm just wondering if I have to follow all smoking laws? Like the no smoking signs and things of the such. And I brought way more than enough supplies from home. In my experience. Everything in Korea is way more expensive than the states

aftercafe

Jan 25, 2012
Seoul, Korea
I'm headed to visit family in Korea at the end of the week and I was just wondering what the vaping laws in Korea just happened to be. Thanks for your help in advance
We actually don't have vaping laws in Korea. But you still don't want to be caught vaping in the subway or bus where everybody's looking; people still treat them like cigarettes.

They are treated as "mild cigarettes" so you'll have no problem getting it in, using it, or getting supplies. Supplies are expensive, so you might want to come prepared.

If you'll be in Seoul, you should stop by the pub a few of us go to for a drink.
I live in Seoul, can I stop by the pub? :p

Mostly...Koreans (particularly older Korean men) take a fairly uncooperative view of smoking laws, even when they're smoking. (By which I mean they smoke most everywhere, no matter what the signs say.) Personally, I keep it discreet if I'm in a no-smoking zone, and have never had a problem.

No cloud, what are they gonna say?

SV
That's very true. We have a lot of non-smoking areas that are full of smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread