Vaping makes me gack, too harsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousiemaximus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2009
I have a 510 and a stick and they both irritate my lungs worse than cigarettes. I have been trying to do this, but it's like taking a huge b**g hit to vape versus having a regular analog which doesn't cause me to cough (as much). I am a 2 pack smoker. I don't get it, this is supposed to be more healthy but it's so much more punch to the lungs that I don't see how it can work. I have bad smokers cough from smoking. I was hoping to get rid of that, but this makes me cough MORE. What am I doing wrong? I normally inhale to the mouth and then into lungs. I have tried just directly breathing it in and it doesn't make a difference. I gack like a teenager.

Any ideas? thanks.

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
What level of nicotine are you vaping? If 24 or 36 you might want to step it down a notch. A lot of people have also said that VG has less throat hit than PG so you might want to give that a try. Also, there are e-cigs you can get that will give you less throat hit. A 901 or an 801 have plumes of vapor and much less throat hit than a 510. The 510 is pretty much renowned for that kick.

mousiemaximus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2009
18-36, doesn't seem to make much difference. The Janty liquid is the smoothest, the other stuff is more harsh. If I take really small hits its not so bad. I might be over medicating here. I am trying to get of the tar and then work on the bigger problem. I need to improve my breathing and was hoping this was it. I can survive on the 36 without even wanting a smoke too much, but in the morning I can't take a hit and gack my brains out. I just toss the thing and get an analog.

Am I hitting too hard? Maybe that's it.

Thanks for quick response....

Mycide

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
AZ, USA
I know in my first few days, I would get up, puff on my pv for a bit, decided it wasnt right, and go smoke an analog.

When I got outside to smoke, I would get about 1/3 of the way through and decide I didnt need it, because I had already gotten my nic from the pv.

It takes some getting used to, but I am ending week 2, and have only smoked 3 analogs since I received my 510.

Good Luck :)

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
First of all ,analogs have chemicals in them that gives a smooth draw.
Those chemicals are bad for you. Without those chemicals you would choke while smoking. The cigarette companies know this and add those chemicals to prevent coughing.

Vaping is different than smoking analogs. You have to smoke a PV different than a analog. There are some videos on forum to help to learn how to vape.
Vaping drys the throat and requires lots of liquid drinking to keep throat moist.
Analogs also have a chemicals to prevent throat drying. Analogs are loaded with chemicals to keep you smoking.
In the beginning of vaping your throat will be extreme dry until the body corrects this.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
First of all ,analogs have chemicals in them that gives a smooth draw.
Those chemicals are bad for you. Without those chemicals you would choke while smoking. The cigarette companies know this and add those chemicals to prevent coughing.

Vaping is different than smoking analogs. You have to smoke a PV different than a analog. There are some videos on forum to help to learn how to vape.
Vaping drys the throat and requires lots of liquid drinking to keep throat moist.
Analogs also have a chemicals to prevent throat drying. Analogs are loaded with chemicals to keep you smoking.
In the beginning of vaping your throat will be extreme dry until the body corrects this.

Agreed. You may need to ease into vaping. It took me at least a couple of weeks to get use to the feel of the vapor as I cut way back on analogs. Finally got off the analogs when I got the Screwdriver but made the complete transition over about a 6 week period. I have read that some people find VG based liquid less harsh. I believe JuciyLiquid and Johnsons Creek sells VG liquid.

Mr Sinister

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
I am pretty new to this as well. It takes getting used to. The first day I started was the last day of cigarettes. The PV helps the cravings immensely but you still need a little willpower. I've noticed the VG liquid is a little less harsh but gives me a funny taste after a while (Ecopure, 24 mg, Rich) but the PG now is not harsh like when I first started a couple days ago. Give it a little time. I don't expect everyone to drop the smokes on the first day, but if you are looking to, I think this is the best product for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread