Vaping - My Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
As a new vapor - it's all fine to have one of the pretty 510 kits that look like a cigarette - but - you will not be happy with it when you try something different.
For a starting vapor - at this generation - we should be looking at something like a Kanger Pro tank or similar on a simple mod like the Vamo. Neither one of these devices are expensive - and it will provide a very decent vaping experience. Is it as good as what I have with my mods and such - no - but it is a start - and if I had started there it would have saved me a lot of money!

Genesis atomizers - Start cheap. I have 3 AGA-Ts that I love a ton and they work terrific. Sure - my Zen - maybe a little better - but for the money......?
juice - Find one you really like - then - you can branch out. There are just too many juices out there to try them all (but I AM trying apparently!)

The most important tip that I could EVER give a noob is a very simple one - we are here to help. I'm an ex-smoker - now I vape - I'll help if it keeps you off analogs - period.

jomay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Fremont, CA
As a new vapor - it's all fine to have one of the pretty 510 kits that look like a cigarette - but - you will not be happy with it when you try something different.
For a starting vapor - at this generation - we should be looking at something like a Kanger Pro Tank or similar on a simple mod like the Vamo. Neither one of these devices are expensive - and it will provide a very decent vaping experience. Is it as good as what I have with my mods and such - no - but it is a start - and if I had started there it would have saved me a lot of money!

Genesis atomizers - Start cheap. I have 3 AGA-Ts that I love a ton and they work terrific. Sure - my Zen - maybe a little better - but for the money......?
Juice - Find one you really like - then - you can branch out. There are just too many juices out there to try them all (but I AM trying apparently!)

The most important tip that I could EVER give a noob is a very simple one - we are here to help. I'm an ex-smoker - now I vape - I'll help if it keeps you off analogs - period.

yes analogs now a days makes me nausea. I cant stand them anymore, I am starting to get my nerves back and feel better and also little sense of smell is slowly coming back!

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
yes analogs now a days makes me nausea. I cant stand them anymore, I am starting to get my nerves back and feel better and also little sense of smell is slowly coming back!

It's a strange world when we quit analogs. My gums may apparently never forgive me - the just love to bleed now and I have a couple loose teeth - oh well - if that is the price I pay for not smoking - fine.

jomay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Fremont, CA
It's a strange world when we quit analogs. My gums may apparently never forgive me - the just love to bleed now and I have a couple loose teeth - oh well - if that is the price I pay for not smoking - fine.

I think the bleeding may be caused either by the analogs before or using a hard toothbrush as per my dentist. I had bleeding before because of using too hard toothbrush. I think vaping may actually help you get your gums back in shape. it just takes a while.

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
Draconian, please see a dentist! That is not gooD! Smoking masks all sorts of problems which may only truly appear once you've quit but you really need to see a dentist about that!

Also, btw, I really love my 510 penstyle and I've been vaping for over 5 months... I've tried an Ego-T and hated it...just my :2c: x

Agreed. I don't think vaping is your problem. See a dentist.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Good suggestion on the variable watt Vamo. VW is "set & forget" and much more consistent than the tiny stick batteries. Makes it easier to make the transition along with using a high enough nicotine strength eliquid when starting out.

And lets also remind all new people to join (it's free) and support CASAA so we can protect our right to vape and not have it taken away. Click on the banner at the bottom of my post.

Last edited:

SteamDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rebublic of Texas

smoking cigs reduces blood flow.
now you have stopped, the blood flow is picking up.
you aren't the only one. bleeding will happen. stated by more than 1 dentist.
but wouldn't hurt to see a dentist.
brush the teeth more and use a good mouthwash.

Mpevo

May 21, 2013
Tampa, Florida
smoking cigs reduces blood flow.
now you have stopped, the blood flow is picking up.
you aren't the only one. bleeding will happen. stated by more than 1 dentist.
but wouldn't hurt to see a dentist.
brush the teeth more and use a good mouthwash.

Iv'e been smoking for over 30yrs. I got an eGo Twist with a Kangertech protank, and a 306 LR Atty about two weeks ago and I haven't had an analog since. I love my Kangertech protank, I use it as my all day vaping rig. I use my 306 atty to test new flavors/juices. I would strongly recommend this setup because it works and I enjoy vaping it. I'm always looking for new flavors and this weekend I'm going to Totally Wicked near me to hang out with some fellow vapors, and try out some new flavors. Hope this helps :)

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
For a starting vapor - at this generation - we should be looking at something like a Kanger Pro Tank or similar on a simple mod like the Vamo. Neither one of these devices are expensive - and it will provide a very decent vaping experience. Is it as good as what I have with my mods and such - no - but it is a start - and if I had started there it would have saved me a lot of money!

Juice - Find one you really like - then - you can branch out. There are just too many juices out there to try them all (but I AM trying apparently!)

I appreciate the spirit behind your post, and for the most part I agree, but I would say that some people would find the pro-tank / Vamo combination unwieldy. Some on these very forums quit smoking with a cig-a-like kit and still use them now - not just as back-ups but as primary vaping devices.

I have a Vamo and like it a lot, but I still use my spinner most of the time with an EVOD or CE5 (when I am not at home) - simply because it's easier to carry and not feel like I have a bag of wrenches in my pocket trying to pull my work pants down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread