Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsobie

Sep 10, 2013
Texas
Hi all fellow vapers! I'm fairly new to the world if vaping.. Got my halo starter kit 3 weeks ago and havent had a cig since. I'm lucky enough to have a local vape store so I found a good juice flavor fairly easily however my question is what havebyou found to be the best or your favorite battery? I have the halo triton but since I had never vaped before I got the small batteries 480? 400 something and have come to the conclusion I should have gone bigger lol.... any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks :2c:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Your Triton mini is a 400 mah battery...very small in the vaping world. I have a couple that I use for out and about...pocket friendly. Your battery has a 808/ego threading. If you want to step up to a bigger battery, you first have to decide what you want to use with it. The 808/ego Triton is a fine battery, but the delivery devices you can put on it are somewhat limited.

Most batteries that we would call egos are 510/ego threading. With these you will have a wider variety of delivery devices to choose from.

So, the choice is yours. If you are happy with the Halo product, you can easily step up to 650, 900, 1300 Triton batteries...or even their VV battery. Or you can do the same with ego/510 from a variety of sources. It all depend on what size you are comfortable using. For instance, the Triton 650 is not really much bigger than the 400...and it will last a couple of more hours before needing recharging.

sflorian

Sep 10, 2013
Western MA, USA
I have a Triton also. I love it to death. The Triton system offers all the battery power you can expect from an eGo-ish-style battery, from 400 to 1300 mAh.

I'm coming to grips with my lack of accessorizing. If I could never get another set-up again, I'm sure I'd be satisfied with what I've got. I just invested in the Triton VV battery. I know darn well that there's only a couple of different accessories that will fit the 808-ego threading on the Triton batteries. From what I've seen from pouring all over random threads for a good solid week is that people have quite a few problems with a bunch of accessories that we're currently missing out on. I haven't seen any substantial complaints about the Triton kit. No leaking tanks, no unexplainable burned wicks, very few defective products, etc. The only serious complaint I've seen is some products are expensive. However, from what I've seen so far, you get what you pay for. The way I see it is I won't have to worry about those accessories unless I take a leap and buy something crazy. If I can afford and want something crazy, I won't mind throwing in another $15 for a glass tank later.

I hope this isn't out of line to anyone. The bottom line (to me at least) is that this hardware is very reliable.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I have a Triton also. I love it to death. The Triton system offers all the battery power you can expect from an eGo-ish-style battery, from 400 to 1300 mAh.

I'm coming to grips with my lack of accessorizing. If I could never get another set-up again, I'm sure I'd be satisfied with what I've got. I just invested in the Triton VV battery. I know darn well that there's only a couple of different accessories that will fit the 808-ego threading on the Triton batteries. From what I've seen from pouring all over random threads for a good solid week is that people have quite a few problems with a bunch of accessories that we're currently missing out on. I haven't seen any substantial complaints about the Triton kit. No leaking tanks, no unexplainable burned wicks, very few defective products, etc. The only serious complaint I've seen is some products are expensive. However, from what I've seen so far, you get what you pay for. The way I see it is I won't have to worry about those accessories unless I take a leap and buy something crazy. If I can afford and want something crazy, I won't mind throwing in another $15 for a glass tank later.

I hope this isn't out of line to anyone. The bottom line (to me at least) is that this hardware is very reliable.

Certainly not out of line. I, too, am perfectly satisfied with all of my 808/ego batteries from Halo and Smokeless Image. I was pointing out to the OP the type of threading as some were beginning to recommend other ego type batteries that would not be compatible with the Triton tanks.

I would also mention that I'm perfectly content with the Triton "style" tanks, although I use standard similar Kanger T2s and replacement heads from other sources as they are much cheaper. Also the Halo mini tanks are exactly like Kanger T4s which are also much cheaper elsewhere. The Triton batteries are great and are very reasonable in price...but the accessories are a little pricey.

sflorian

Sep 10, 2013
Western MA, USA
I would also mention that I'm perfectly content with the Triton "style" tanks, although I use standard similar Kanger T2s and replacement heads from other sources as they are much cheaper. Also the Halo mini tanks are exactly like Kanger T4s which are also much cheaper elsewhere. The Triton batteries are great and are very reasonable in price...but the accessories are a little pricey.

Thanks for the input. I stocked up on a lot of tank stuff already, but was considering trying an unofficial version for my next order. Any recommendations on a good, reliable place to find these? Specifically high resistance coil/wick replacements for the T2's?

Edit: I meant T2's.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Thanks for the input. I stocked up on a lot of tank stuff already, but was considering trying an unofficial version for my next order. Any recommendations on a good, reliable place to find these? Specifically high resistance coil/wick replacements for the T2's?

Edit: I meant T2's.

I get 1.8 T2 heads at Mt Baker Vapor (5 pack $6.49)...2.0 are available at Litecigusa ($1.50 each)...hope that helps. The T2 tanks work fine on the Triton, they just don't screw completely down...leave a small 1/4" gap. The heads are exactly the same, however.

Also the T4 tanks which are the same as the Halo mini are available at litecigusa for $2.25 each and at Smokeless Image in colors for $2.99 each.
I have also sanded down the narrow end of the standard cone to fit over the mini tank...only had to shave off about 1/16th inch. The mini tank covered with the cone on a mini battery...perfect stealth device.

I also use Kanger Esmart tanks.

Mrsobie

Sep 10, 2013
Texas
Your Triton mini is a 400 mah battery...very small in the vaping world. I have a couple that I use for out and about...pocket friendly. Your battery has a 808/ego threading. If you want to step up to a bigger battery, you first have to decide what you want to use with it. The 808/ego Triton is a fine battery, but the delivery devices you can put on it are somewhat limited.

Most batteries that we would call egos are 510/ego threading. With these you will have a wider variety of delivery devices to choose from.

So, the choice is yours. If you are happy with the Halo product, you can easily step up to 650, 900, 1300 Triton batteries...or even their VV battery. Or you can do the same with ego/510 from a variety of sources. It all depend on what size you are comfortable using. For instance, the Triton 650 is not really much bigger than the 400...and it will last a couple of more hours before needing recharging.

Thanks so much for all the info!! I was wondering about the threading.. I do like the halo system just wish I has gone with the larger battery I think I'm gonna order one of the 900 and one of the vv but I wanted to ask if I switch later on down the road to the 510/ego threading do you have a recommendation of which brand to go with?

Dannielle Obenchain
Army Wife to Josh
Mom to Gavin
Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread