Vaping with a sore throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
Lebanon, Indiana, United States
Well I have run into my first cold since I started vaping. This one has come with a sore throat. I am trying to cut back on vaping while I got this since it seems to aggravate it. I have also turned to my weakest juice. A bottle of Extreme Ice 12 mg nicotine. It still bothers it but not as bad as higher nic amounts. I am guessing I will have to try to stick with this until I get better. What is bad is I got a job interview tomorrow. It hurts to even talk so not sure how that will go. I am sipping on some green tea at the moment hoping it helps.

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
Gargle with either warm saline solution (teaspoon of sea salt dissolved in a cup of water) or soluble asprin dissolved in water (do not use this if you have taken asprin in any other form).

If you have any pure glycerin you could add a little to your tea as it can help soothe a sore throat. Stay hydrated.

Only do mouth hits when you vape. (Take vapour into your mouth, hold for a few seconds, exhale). Nicotine will be absorbed through the mucous membranes.

Hope you get better soon and good luck with your interview.

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
Thanks. Don't got any seasalt and any sort of salt water is no for me. Though I will need to be having to do it soon. Dentist here in town is having free dental stuff friday. Going to arrive extra early to get in line so I can get a tooth pulled, get back in line after that and get another pulled. I got a lot of bad teeth. Though I am hoping some of this clears up by then. Otherwise they might decide not to pull any. I know when they pull them they tell you to rinse your mouth with salt water. Went through that last year when I had 3 pulled. Dentist was only suppose to pull 1 since I was only coming through once. He was nice and pulled 3. The taste though sucks. Also I got no aspirin. Wish I did. lol I had some home made chicken and noodles. That and this tea is helping. I am about to take some cough syrup and go to bed. I just gotta pull myself away from the forums. lol

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
If I get this job I will have to get some when I can afford it. I was actually just wondering if they had something like that last nite as I was taking my last vape before I went to bed. On another note the sore throat aint as bad but I still feel horrible. Didn't sleep well at all and now I am having some small chest pains on the right side and I am sweating a lot. I am planning on a trip to the ER after the interview. I haven't been vaping much this morning cause of that pain. When I do vape I take short hits just into my mouth. Being sick sucks.

Sounds to me as though you have either developed pneumonia or plurritic lung inflamation. The advice to gargle with salt water is spot on, just ordinary salt works fine. Swish gargle and spit it out at least 5 times every 2 hours, this also works wonders for tooth aches. If you vape, be sure to clean and use alcohol to rinse your mouth piece, you can reinfect yourself if your not careful. Do yourself a favor and try the salt water gargle. :2c:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Dentist was only suppose to pull 1 since I was only coming through once. He was nice and pulled 3.

I'd hate to think what your definition of a "mean" person is, if a dude who rips 3x the teeth from your face is "nice".

On another note, if the vapor is aggravating your throat in any way, you might as well stop. I don't think vaping while sick necessarily gets you sicker, but nicotine isn't fantastic for your immune system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread