Vapor becoming HOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sounds like a wattage issue to me. What is the recommended wattage range for the coil you are using?

60 watts would burn my tongue and lips, too. I typically vape at 30 watts; every full moon I get crazy and vape at 40 watts. ;)

Edit: I looked up your tank and coils and found this:

"While Cleito 120 is rated at 120 watts, it can easily handle 160 watts and higher. Adjust wattage according to your particular E-Liquid’s characteristics and your own vaping preferences. The Cleito 120 is for advanced Maxi-Watt vapers who like to vape over 100 watts. Sub-Ohm vapers who like to vape at around 40-50 watts should choose the Aspire Cleito. Please note, the Cleito 120 tank is NOT compatible with the original Cleito atomizer heads."

Sounds like your vaping preference is for a lower wattage tank/coil. Your tank and coils were designed for a maximum wattage vaper.

Last edited:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
If it's too hot, open airflow and turn down wattage. How high your mod can go has nothing to do with where you will be comfortable vaping; tanks and coils are very different from each other, the coil resistance dictates how much wattage you should use.
-and take shorter harder puffs.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I've been vaping for a while, and this still baffles me, sub ohm with high wattage. Sounds like a conflict of interest to me, lol. I'd bet if you turned it down to 15w you'd enjoy it more.
Sub ohm vaping works better with higher wattage and lots of air, relative to what "sub ohm" you are talking. A .7 coil can be run very low but a .16 coil would not even fire at the same wattage. The airflow keeps the coils and vape cool. Why bother you ask? Maximum coil surface area vaporizes more juice all at once, resulting in more cloud and if you do it right more flavor also. I like a warm deep lungful of vape. I know many do not, to each their own.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been vaping for a while, and this still baffles me, sub ohm with high wattage. Sounds like a conflict of interest to me, lol. I'd bet if you turned it down to 15w you'd enjoy it more.
The lower the resistance of a coil, the more power is required to fire it. That is Ohm's Law.

The OP's tank and coil were designed for maximum wattage (over 120 watts). Turning his wattage setting down to 15 watts would be futile and completely ineffective.

He simply chose the wrong tank/coil setup for the way he likes to vape.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello,

So I have a Cleito 120 tank and it tends to produce really hot vapor, to the point where it burns my tongue and lips. I am using only 59 watts out of 220 on my mod.

Is this just a defect? Is it a wattage issue? Is it a normal problem with the Cleito 120?

thanks

Steve

Hi Steve. Welcome to the ECF.

I would treat your e-Cigarette just like you do your Stereo. Meaning just because the Volume Knob may go to 10, that doesn't mean that 5 may be Too Loud for what you are Listening to.

When you Turn On your Stereo, don't you First turn down the Volume so you don't Accidentally blow out your speakers? Then turn up the Volume until it is what you like?

Try doing the Same Thing with you e-Cigarette. Start with a Lower Wattage and move up until it Taste like you want it to.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can try turning down the wattage some and increasing airflow, yes. That may or may NOT improve your experience, as you'd only be able to turn it down to a certain point, after that the vape may become weak and anemic.

I would consider another setup as well. If you are chain vaping in wattage mode at relatively high power, you are going to overheat your juice.

You may enjoy a more airy mouth to lung experience, either the original crown Uwell tank that has a great deal of variety of coils to try, including a 1.2 ohm coil, I think.

You could also try something like the Innoken Zenith tank with the 0.8 coil. It seems to me you may want a vape something in between subohm and MTL, so you could also look at setups that have coils in the 0.5 range, maybe a Vaperesso tank with the EUC coils, they offer a 0.5 resistance coil that's quite pleasant. I'm rather MTL but I can vape that coil. I do know my limits though, I showed up here with a regular Cleto tank, and it was WAY too much vape for me, and I don't think I'll ever venture far past 0.5.

The good news is, you need a backup tank anyway, really a backup setup. It should give you the chance to rotate your vapes so they don't overheat, and you may also find the vape more satisfying. It's different, certainly, any change is going to give you a different vape, but I kind of have a hunch that coils in the 0.8--0.5 range may give you what you are looking for. But, it's a hunch, and you may well find turning down your wattage 10 watts and opening the airflow is enough.

If that is not enough, it's time to explore some different setups, I'd think. Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: chellie

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I have a Cleito 120 tank and it tends to produce really hot vapor, to the point where it burns my tongue and lips. I am using only 59 watts out of 220 on my mod.
Is this just a defect? Is it a wattage issue? Is it a normal problem with the Cleito 120?
Welcome and glad you joined.
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provides A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
Less likely spit back
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping