Date of your initial complaint to the supplier
Aug 24, 2015​

Method used when initiating complaint with retailer
Telephone​

Ticket number (if you were issued one)

General nature of complaint
Defective or wrong product​

Briefly describe your problem or issue
TL;DR: vaporfi is knowingly putting on sale mislabeled / falsely advertised dual-coil atomizers.

Preface: I do not intend this post has Vendor Bashing. It is a factual record of my interaction with various VaporFI stores and employees including the VP. I don't want anything except for VaporFI to be honest about what they are selling. Being complacent is being complicit.

Summary: Open the new dual coil atomizers and you'll find it's only a single coil vertical style atomizer. Kanger has been explicit/open about this change, but VaporFI and others continue to market the new atomizer as if they are improved dual-coil atomizers. VaporFi knows this and has known it for at least a month (probably much longer).

This is what I found in all my Platinum II tanks and 5-pack refills purchased at different times over the last month. If you take pliers and pull the top hat off, you can see a single coil of wire (that measures 1.5/1.8ohs) wrapped in 2 pieces of cotton.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

At first I brought this to the attention of the local store vapetenders, managers, and the CSR but all employees from those roles tried very hard to convince me it was some kind of the dual stacked coil. Even when I took it apart in front of them and showed pictures they claimed it was really dual coil.

Finally, around 8/31 I got in touch with some higher ups. They have admitted it isn't dual coil by their own standards (The VP of Customer Experience on Phone and Email) but they continue to sell these items as fast as they can. They have been investigating the manufacture for the last week and asked me to wait 9/8. In the mean time they put all their dual coil starter kits 20% off until 9/8. When my Mom went into the local store yesterday and called the website they continue (to this day) to try to convince her that these are truly dual coils.

They are claiming the manufacture tricked them on semantics and no one at the company understands ohms law (the VP claimed this in an email to me) but there is evidence they have know about this issue for months and have instructed all CSR/vapetenders/managers to mislead customers.

I don't want to tar-and-feather vaporfi. But they don't seem to think this issue matters. And it is important for us to help everyone, even the non-tech among us, to know which companies they can trust (Not just which ones are overly expensive).

Let's help this new industry not continue to be full of scams.​

VapeFraud

Sep 7, 2015
Resolution Update: A few days ago (9/5), the district manager of the Columbus OH stores contacted me. She thanked me for bringing this QA issue to everyone's attention. She immediately took my complaint very seriously and asked me what I expected. When I explained that I didn't want anything except reform we talked at length about what it would look like. A couple days later, she contacted me with a solid plan:

1) All managers and employees (at the Ohio locations) will be retrained and will now explicitly tell customers these are single coil atomizers but they perform just as well. (Packaging may not change as quickly, but if you ask they should give you an honest answer)

2) Her team has inspected the current stock of dual coil atomizers and starter kits to look for additional QA concerns.

3) She has convinced the parent/owning company (read: the website) to restructure QA and hire a new member to deal with after packaging QA

4) She has gotten word that the website language will be re-written and updated shortly.

I think the parent company (website) and other locations should learn from her professionalism, honest, and fast response. Every company makes mistakes, but how a company responds shows us if they are trust worthy.

Hopefully items #1-4 happen in earnest and company wide (all stores, website, phone, etc)

I will follow up and update on the full resolution outcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread