Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Variable voltage changes the flavor and temperature of the vape by increasing voltage to the coil. Higher voltage means higher vape temp and in most cases higher flavor and throat hit. Unsure? Always start lowest setting and increase with trial. The end result will depend on the resistance of your coil in the atomizer and the liquid itself. Fear not. It's fun! Your device does not go high enough to cause any problems.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Your coil has a resistance to the power of the battery. With that in mind you have a window of voltage you can use. Since it is a window, you can vape at the setting within that window. Have variable settings, you can try the different power strengths to find a better vape of the liquid you are using. Check out this chart. I use a 2.4 ohm resistor so I can set the voltage from 3.3 to 3.7 volts. I can outside that window but that is the recommended setting settings.

Attachments

• voltagechart-lg.jpg
    voltagechart-lg.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:confused: Can someone please tell me exactly the purpose of Variable Voltage and how to use it? I have my first VV, Vision Spinner, 1300mah and have no clue what to do with it! Thanks!!!!!
Variable voltage just gives you the option to change the quality of your vape.

It works like a dimmer switch for a light. Turn it for lesser voltage for a cooler vape. Turn it the other way for more voltage for a warmer vape, more vapor, and a "harder hit". Many flavors will taste a little better at a particular voltage, the so-called "sweet spot". Experiment with the voltage dial if you like, but you don't have to use it if you don't want to. Fixed voltage batteries can't be adjusted, so they put out about 3.8 volts.

FINDING YOUR FLAVOR'S SWEET SPOT USING VARIABLE VOLTAGE

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
For what it's worth, VV works this way for me. I like a cooler vape so I go low on the voltage. I vape around 3.3-3.5. (2.4 head) With non VV devices, I would be stuck at a higher voltage. Probably the only time I go high is when I'm dry burning my heads ;)

VV allows you to play with the settings to get the perfect vape for your taste. Always start low and slowly increase. Give each increment some time so you can truly tell the difference. When you get to the point that it tastes yuck, dial it back a notch.

The higher volts don't taste burnt to me, I just prefer not having such a hot vape. I seem to get more flavor with the cooler temps. That's just me though. That is the beauty of VV devices. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread