Variable Wattage Device Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstan33

Nov 20, 2014
New Jersey
I am looking to buy a Kanger IPOW v2 1600mAh. I believe it goes up to 15 watts (advertised). I have never used a VV or VW device. I have a bunch of coil heads some are 1.8 ohm and some are 2.2 ohm. Does the resistance level matter with a device that is strictly variable wattage? I assume the voltage will automatically increase or decrease with changing the wattage? I am just wondering it simply being able to adjust wattage will be better to vape from if the voltage will automatically zero out anyway, and if my coil heads make a difference? I am real to to the idea of variable voltage and watts... appreciate any info!!! Oh and I use single coil kanger heads if that matters... I am worried I am gonna set this thing to 15 watts and burn it out !

cloudguy00567

Dec 8, 2014
New Jersey
The voltage should go up and down as you change the wattage. I use my vv/vw vamo v3, and my itazte MPV every day on their wattage settings. However if you go over 10 or 11 watts you're most likely going to fry the coil heads on kanger single coils. Also one of the good things about most vv/vw devices is that it simply won't fire if the resistance is too low for the battery to take (however be careful of faulty equipment). Hope this helped as I was a bit fuzzy on your actual question

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I am looking to buy a Kanger IPOW v2 1600mAh. I believe it goes up to 15 watts (advertised). I have never used a VV or VW device. I have a bunch of coil heads some are 1.8 ohm and some are 2.2 ohm. Does the resistance level matter with a device that is strictly variable wattage? I assume the voltage will automatically increase or decrease with changing the wattage? I am just wondering it simply being able to adjust wattage will be better to vape from if the voltage will automatically zero out anyway, and if my coil heads make a difference? I am real to to the idea of variable voltage and watts... appreciate any info!!! Oh and I use single coil kanger heads if that matters... I am worried I am gonna set this thing to 15 watts and burn it out !

No the resistance doesn't matter much; that's why there are vv and vw devices; you can adjust the vv or vw instead of having to find a particular resistance.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Voltage is automatically adjusted by the wattage you manually set. It's then calculated depending on the resistance of your coils.

A 15 watt device will perform beautifully with 1.8 ohm heads. I doubt you'll need more than 11W to comfortably fire them.

Play around with Steam-Engine to find out some specifics about how wattage/voltage varies depending on resistance, and how changing one variable (ie: wattage) will change the other variables (ie: voltage).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread