Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I've had my SVD for a bit over 6 months and really like it. Some have had issues with the fire button, but since it's often the problems that get aired and not the successes, hard to say how high a percentage is actually is.

Also have a KMax of about the same age. Single button menu, disappearing screen. Vapes well, no problems although it does run hot - have to set it 2 watts lower on the same clearo/flavor to vape the same.

Have heard many good reports on the ZMax, but it's a bit more $$. And single button menu, which may or may not be an issue.

Baums

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
NY
I just don't like any of the round mods. I prefer box types and love my mvp's. The battery is life is fantastic. I still have 2 of the original mvp1's that are 2 years old and going strong. Now I mostly use the mvp2's and run the at 9 1/2 watts,with a nautilus aspire.
Hm I've never considered a box. What benefits of the box do you see over the round?

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Have you looked into the ZMAX? I've heard some good things about that one, and the price seems to be similar to the Vamo. Also, I second the SVD, not because I've used it, but because I like Innokin in general. They make some nice quality items at fair pricing. My MVP 2s were great! That's also another one to consider. The MVP 2, although it does not have removable batteries and is a box shape. Mine are still going strong 6 months in, with no sign of the batteries loosing life at all. They also provide a great base to build coils, check the ohms, and dry burn all at once. They also have the Coolfire I if you vape at around 8.5 watts. They used to only take 18350 batteries, but Innokin recently added an extension tube for them. For any Innokin product, I recommend you save some cash and skip the starter kit though. I hear their chargers and batteries live a little to be desired for.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Own 4 vamos, v2 or v5 are good choices. Using an Aluminum V2 currently, it's been flawless.
Own a Sigelei Telescope Zmax V3 thats also a good VV/VW mod.
I just ordered a Vamo Mukey that hasn't shipped yet. It is a box mod 'style' Vamo V5.
All of the above are $40 or less.
Not a fan of the SID after watching my SIL put up with 2 bad ones earlier this year.
I'm no help on the SVD or Tesla, no experience
Haven't tried a Hana Mod DNA20 but have been plotting getting one (about $50)

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I have a Vamo V2 that has lasted me over a year and is still going well. I also have an Innokin SVD that I have for.... I think at least 6 months now and it is great. The SVD is a better made mod in my view, and telescopes, but both do the job well.

I don't have a Tesla - owners seem to always have good reports. Personally I don't like the way the design exposes the battery.
The Sigelei 20W has a bigger power capability and is a sturdy well made mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread