Variable Watts nunchaku battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Please DO NOT "heat" your batteries. If they are not charging or holding a charge then they need to be replaced. DO NOT continue to use these cells for any reason. Dispose of your old batteries at a battery disposal center, they usually have battery disposal centers at hardware stores or at the dump.

Heating your battery can cause venting or thermal runaway and potentially result in great damage to the cell, you, anything else in close proximity.

Im not sure what you meant by reviving a battery with an electric charge but the only charge that you should be giving a battery is by placing it in a quality stand alone charger. Any other attempt to add an electric charge to the battery could result in shorting the cell, causing venting or thermal runaway.

Please read the following for your own safety:
Li-Ion Battery Chemistries - What are the differences in their safety? | E-Cigarette Forum
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Floss1962

Nov 30, 2015
Victoria
There is no sign of life at all. I did read somewhere that you can strip down a micro USB and use the wires to give it a jolt. I've worked out the polarity finally as the battery is encased. I've stripped back a USB wire and know what is positive and negative.i need to know what to do next. I realise that this is dangerous intervention. I have so many micro USB cables. I wouldn't have a clue which is the original one for each battery.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Personally I wouldnt mess with it unless you fully know and understand the chemistry of the battery. I cannot answer your question because I really dont know if it can be done at all let alone safely, and if it can be done at all and in a safe manner, then I really dont know the process/procedure.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
There is no sign of life at all. I did read somewhere that you can strip down a micro USB and use the wires to give it a jolt. I've worked out the polarity finally as the battery is encased. I've stripped back a USB wire and know what is positive and negative.i need to know what to do next. I realise that this is dangerous intervention. I have so many micro USB cables. I wouldn't have a clue which is the original one for each battery.
You've stripped a wire & now know which is B+? No you don't. There is no universal color coding in consumer electronics.
You will need a verified schemo to determine what is what.
Let it go, buy a new mod..

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
ahhh now I understand what you are trying to do...... do not over volt the battery.... it may work with car batteries but it wont work with Lithium types... over volting with an unregulated power supply will cause issues. And, using a USB port can damage the power supply you are sourcing from.
Be safe, go buy a new battery...

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser

Please stop before you hurt yourself. Just go out and buy some new batteries already.

Floss1962

Nov 30, 2015
Victoria
My life is saved and I will always keep each of the micro USB charger cords that comes with each product and label them. Oh thankyou world.
IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG
. Thankyou all for caring! I had all the equipment needed to try and wake them up. Now I can throw them out and cure myself of neurosis. I have learnt a great deal through this process and enforced my dislike of sub ohm vaping. I love everybody today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dougiestyle

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
My life is saved and I will always keep each of the micro USB charger cords that comes with each product and label them. Oh thankyou world. View attachment 637439 View attachment 637441 . Thankyou all for caring! I had all the equipment needed to try and wake them up. Now I can throw them out and cure myself of neurosis. I have learnt a great deal through this process and enforced my dislike of sub ohm vaping. I love everybody today

You were an apt pupil,, unnecessary risk is nowhere..

Floss1962

Nov 30, 2015
Victoria
"Fixing" a battery that has passed its low voltage threshold is dangerous, it increases the risk of a thermal runaway... at 5 bucks per battery the risk/reward is just not there.

The battery is expensive. I studied with the best at the battery university. I am positive it can be done. Ive done so much research and shopped for the necessary items i feel i should give it a go when ive got a moment.
IMG_0175.JPG
. Stay tuned. (IF i live) ill let you know how it went.

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
My concern would be how much your process would stress the batteries. Since there is no way to test this I wouldn't do it might work fine when you do it then blow up when you're charging it. Looks like you can replace for around 30 bucks I don't know about you but my body parts,home,car and other things that can be damaged by a battery vent/blowing up is worth a lot more then that.

Reactions: Hawise

Floss1962

Nov 30, 2015
Victoria
My concern would be how much your process would stress the batteries. Since there is no way to test this I wouldn't do it might work fine when you do it then blow up when you're charging it. Looks like you can replace for around 30 bucks I don't know about you but my body parts,home,car and other things that can be damaged by a battery vent/blowing up is worth a lot more then that.

Thanks for everyone's concern. I had just bought all the necessary items to do the deed and the postman delivered 2 nunchaku batteries. Yay. In the meantime I have fallen in love with the itaste vv. I put so much energy into finding myself a decent set up that I ended up with a collection
06019eedf6f2c64a2b6423137b6eb7f4.jpg
aebd4b17088e89049ff2d276d9d3cdec.jpg
. I'm now using an aspire ce4 bvc and the itaste vv. I have very uncomplicated tastes but I've just got the aspire nautilus 2. When I get out of this paralysing flu I'll play with all my toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread