Velvet Cloud Vapor offers pure VG blends, that are natural and organic, and made in San Francisco!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I get tons of love from VCV. They always send a little doodle. Sometimes I request one and sometimes I don't. When I do request one, VCV and Co. pull through. If I don't request something, they send a little drawing anyway.

Here's my collection:

derpdrawings001_zps574f57c9.jpg

A Panda in a Giraffe costume jumping over a row boat being rowed with an elephant. Of course both are vaping. Also a squid that is vaping holding up traffic.
derpdrawings006_zps34070335.jpg

And some VCV mascots:
derpdrawings005_zps4598321b.jpg

I love that VCV hooks it up with original art. Maybe they'll be famous some day. Well, they already are for their awesome juice. But they deserve recognition for their fine art skills. :laugh: :vapor: :thumbs:

Next time in in San Fransisco I'd love to take y'all to get some drinks or dinner. Let me know if you're interested and I'll let you know next time I head out to the Bay Area. 100% seriously cereal.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Ok, so I switched it up a bit. I usually get Blue Beard. But I have 4 bottles in my cabinet steeping. This time I got Caramel Tobacco and White Beard*.

The CT is just awesome. Even fresh. *Honestly, I wasn't a fan of WB. Mostly because of the custard component. So I requested a modified version of WB. I asked for vanilla, but not 'custard vanilla'. WOW!!!!! It's a totaly different juice. I love it.

VCV pulls through yet again. I don't know how y'all do it, but keep doing whatever it is. Because your juice is the best. I always have a bottle of VCV in rotation and I don't foresee that changing any time soon.

<3

bunksteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Glendale, CA
I was thinking of a Fire-Cured tobacco with molasses called Old Red Beard? Okay, maybe the only thing red I am seeing is this glass of wine. I don't know why I am so stuck on this idea. :confused:

shatner's we could just call White Goatee!

Or White Soul Patch!

White Five O'Clock Shadow? :)

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Huzzah!! We're so glad you liked the modified version!!

It really is great!! I don't think it'd hurt to actually offer it as an official flavor.

I was thinking of a Fire-Cured tobacco with molasses called Old Red Beard? Okay, maybe the only thing red I am seeing is this glass of wine. I don't know why I am so stuck on this idea. :confused:

That sounds really good. Maybe "Neck Beard"? :laugh:

shatner's we could just call White Goatee!

Or White Soul Patch!

White Five O'Clock Shadow? :)

I think any of those would be good names. Especially White Goatee

This can definitely be arranged o_O
:toast:

:toast: Seriously, y'all area amongst the best vendors; Your participation in this thread, fan-freaking-tastic liquids, fulfilling requests for tweaks to juices, fulfilling sample requests, flash sales (quite often, actually) and most of all y'all are just really nice, listen to your customers and care about our opinions and suggestions. :) :vapor:

Y'all are kicking .... I foresee you placing high on the Vendor awards '13.

Last edited:

Unclo

Apr 4, 2012
California
On Shatner's recommendation I think I'm gonna try some Caramel Tobacco; maybe even an altered White Beard. Most def would purchase any concoction you brew for the esteemed Mr,Mann (even though it's tobacco absolute and I thought it was a NET. Or maybe it is a NET, because honestly I don't know what an "absolute" is (other than you guys are the exception to rule regarding it) Perhaps MrMann would be so gracious by providing an explanation to eliminate my obvious confusion.?

Now, about the samples; I can't find anywhere on the site that offers a choice of flavors or nicotine strength, if strength is an option in sample packs. Actually, unless my mobile browser is ....y, I can't find much at all in the new "sample" section. Premature posterization perhaps?

To anyone new, scouring ECF for new liquid flavor sensations, do yourself a huge favor and get some of this VCV brew. It is seriously exquisite. That is all.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
On Shatner's recommendation I think I'm gonna try some Caramel Tobacco; maybe even an altered White Beard. Most def would purchase any concoction you brew for the esteemed Mr,Mann (even though it's tobacco absolute and I thought it was a NET. Or maybe it is a NET, because honestly I don't know what an "absolute" is (other than you guys are the exception to rule regarding it) Perhaps MrMann would be so gracious by providing an explanation to eliminate my obvious confusion.?

Now, about the samples; I can't find anywhere on the site that offers a choice of flavors or nicotine strength, if strength is an option in sample packs. Actually, unless my mobile browser is ....y, I can't find much at all in the new "sample" section. Premature posterization perhaps?

To anyone new, scouring ECF for new liquid flavor sensations, do yourself a huge favor and get some of this VCV brew. It is seriously exquisite. That is all.

I'd also like an TA explanation. But technically, it is a NET.
Definitely go with the Caramel Tobacco and the 'White Goatee' (modified White Beard-vanilla instead of custard).

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

There is no real distinction to be made. VCV makes an absolute from tobacco--almost like a concentrate. When you see me and many others drawing a distinction between tobacco absolute and natural/extracted tobacco, it is mainly to clarify that some vendors make their own extracts and some vendors are using a super concentrate (tobacco absolute) made by 3rd party vendors like Flavour Arty or Perfumer's Apprentice. If you've had those, you would see that they carry no real flavor necessarily but they do have tobacco like "effects" (think dry and ashy taste). Make sense?

What VCV makes is an absolute, but the absolute is clearly not made from bulk Bulgarian tobacco; it carries a high amount of flavour and it is made in-house. Honey cured tobacco from VCV tastes like honey cured tobacco (Blue Beard). VCV is most definitely on my list of NET vendors and one of the few that I hold in high regard. The biggest distinction that most of us need hold onto is that most vendors that use extracted tobacco need to clarify whether they do it in-house or not; most that do not make it in-house are using that super high concentrated tobacco absolute that is cheap and mainly tastes like it--FA and PA's absolute is the antithesis of VCV's absolute.

I have no idea if what I said actually makes sense. The biggest take-away should be that irrespective of what it's called, VCV has a liquids that use natural/extracted tobacco that they finely craft in-house.

To me the extraction process matters not. There is no one way to make extractions that trumps the other, but the care to which it is done, and whether or not it is done in-house is what matters to me. I know of at least 5 different ways of extracting tobacco and I know for a fact that Aria at VCV can do them all (plus more)--they choose to do it this way because of the results.

Tobacco absolute can be a very wonky topic, but fret not, VCV is a NET vendor through and through. All absolutes are not created equally just as all macerations are not created equally.

Last edited:

mewlew

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
^--- very correct. We don't want to give much of our trade secrets away but it involves a lot of fine quality tobacco leaves, ice water, and vigorous motion :p Then a long steep, strain and soak process. We do not use solvents to extract the tobacco solids out (i.e. a butane based wax, or something like that), because well not only do we 'like it natural' but we also find it makes the flavoring more subtle, and more rewarding after long periods of steeping. In fact this is actually why a lot of people find our tobaccos to be very 'unique' tasting (whether they enjoy it or not - and we agree, its polarizing for some) - and we often hear 'the flavor isn't as 'direct or dramatic' as when other alcohol/tincture based alcohol absolutes are used (i.e. perfumers apprentice style flavoring or something like that). But hey, its good to try something new eh?

plus, we're from San Francisco, we know all extracting the goods out of various leaves :p

XO
- Julie

mewlew

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
AND on that note: we do now offer sampler packs :) and of course, checkout code 'ecf' is forever 10% off. don't just use it once... use it every...time :p

We love y'all. P.s. Thanks Shatner - I don't think we're well known enough for any awards but we definitely appreciate you putting our name in the hat like that :p <3!

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
Blue Beard needs to steep for a long time.
But it's really worth the wait.
Best one out the box was Wild Cherry.
Now it's very complex. Blows away Rainier & Cherry Bomb.
My favorite is Catherine the Grape. It is a totally unique flavor.

Ugh make it stop with all the great juices from VCV already!

I just started vaping this month, and I've already sampled a few vendors' offerings, but I keep coming back to VCV. *sigh* I guess I'll be putting in a third order now.

aintdunn

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
Marietta, OH
I received my order from VCV and nothing was a better feeling (dealing with a vendor) then a personalized letter answering my questions and concerns about my order. They customized my order to suit my taste, shipped fast, had great prices and included samples. What else could you ask for from a supplier?!? They are awesome in regards to customer service and I am stoked to taste my juices (steeping as we speak) thanks guys!

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
^--- very correct. We don't want to give much of our trade secrets away but it involves a lot of fine quality tobacco leaves, ice water, and vigorous motion :p Then a long steep, strain and soak process. We do not use solvents to extract the tobacco solids out (i.e. a butane based wax, or something like that), because well not only do we 'like it natural' but we also find it makes the flavoring more subtle, and more rewarding after long periods of steeping. In fact this is actually why a lot of people find our tobaccos to be very 'unique' tasting (whether they enjoy it or not - and we agree, its polarizing for some) - and we often hear 'the flavor isn't as 'direct or dramatic' as when other alcohol/tincture based alcohol absolutes are used (i.e. perfumers apprentice style flavoring or something like that). But hey, its good to try something new eh?

plus, we're from San Francisco, we know all extracting the goods out of various leaves :p

XO
- Julie

OMG! That last sentence made my heart flutter. :wub:

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
I love you Mewlew. I wrote you a thank you email and left a nice review about your magic liquid titled "are you kidding me right now"?
Well it's no joke that your cocoa magic dusts my tongue and makes me smile a mile wide. The very best cocoa vape ever. I will savor every drop until payday. A tobacco flavor will be next on my to try list. Way to make a new customer feel special with care in packaging and a generous sample of Monkey business. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread