Very first order from Liberty Flights just arrived and I'm VERY disappointed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
Last week, I ordered a Riva 510 lite bundle from liberty flights at a very cheap price. It's my first upgrade since I bought my 510 nicstick at the tobacco store about 3 and a half weeks ago. I have been anticipating this package since the moment I ordered it. When I got the package, I was so excited to get it charged, swabbed clean, and vaping. I did all of the neccessary swabbing and charging. When I hooked up my first atty, the damn thing didn't work. At all. So, after a bit of cursing and disappointment, I decided to look at the bright side.. At least it comes with two of them. Hooked up the other atty and got this awful, burning taste. Hey, at least I got vape. That's a step up, right? :facepalm:

I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I don't think I'll ever consider ordering from this site again. I've read about tons of people getting defects, but I didn't think it was quite THAT common. It wasn't surprising at all. Rather typical and expected, actually. It was just very disappointing and a huge letdown because it's so hard for me to order products online. I was really looking forward to it until I found out that neither of the attys worked correctly.

Everything else appears to be okay.

Anyone have anything I can try to get either, or both, of the attys working again? I'm going to hook my nicstick 510 atty up to it and use that for the moment. Hell, nothing else I can do. So much for having a nicstick and an extra riva battery and atty for backups.. :glare:

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
I got 3 sets from them. Did you properly prep the atty and get the nasty primer out? Did you gently lift the center pin on the first battery? It may just be a case of learning how to use it properly?

I'm pretty sure I prepped the atty right. What are you talking about when you say the center pin on the first battery? I just now hooked up my cheap 510 nicstick atomizer to the battery I have charged and it works amazingly well. Even with the atty that tasted like burnt, nastyness, i wasn't getting hits that were nearly as strong and thick

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
I've ordered prolly 10 times from LF. When there were problems they fixed them ASAP. Remember LF is a reseller, they didn't manufacture the atty, but they will replace. BTW, I've ordered 5 of those RIVA kits for family and friends from LF. Threre were several attys that were defective. But I just handed out some LR attys which are IMO better than what comes with the kit anyway.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
Like was mentioned, get the primer out of the atty. Then do yourself a favor and get some Boge 2.0lr cartos and you'll be one happy camper. As one poster so elequently put it in another thread, "If you're still using attys with carts, you're doing it wrong."

I have a carto that was sent to me that I will be using, but I haven't read up on exactly how to use it yet. I'm new and I've only used carts so far, so that's what I'm testing with xP

Addition: And besides, I do see that as being a personal preference. I read that many people prefer standard carts over cartos

Last edited:

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
SW FL Gulf Coast
Everyone has to start somewhere. Carts are probably what 95% of us started on. But I'd be surprised if you kept using them for long. After about a week of carts I got tired of the burnt taste and started dripping and trying different cartos.

As for the new attys, to remove the primer I blow the heck out of them to remove as much as possible. Then I drop them in some 91% isopropyl for an hour or two to soak. Blow them out again and let dry under my office lamp. Since doing this, I haven't had any nasty primer taste from new attys. (BTW, thats exactly how I clean my attys too, except I let them soak longer, usually overnight).

And about Liberty Flights, they've been pretty good to me. Ty (ImYourSalt) is a good guy in my experience. Hope you'll give them a chance to make things right for you.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
Everyone has to start somewhere. Carts are probably what 95% of us started on. But I'd be surprised if you kept using them for long. After about a week of carts I got tired of the burnt taste and started dripping and trying different cartos.

As for the new attys, to remove the primer I blow the heck out of them to remove as much as possible. Then I drop them in some 91% isopropyl for an hour or two to soak. Blow them out again and let dry under my office lamp. Since doing this, I haven't had any nasty primer taste from new attys. (BTW, thats exactly how I clean my attys too, except I let them soak longer, usually overnight).

And about Liberty Flights, they've been pretty good to me. Ty (ImYourSalt) is a good guy in my experience. Hope you'll give them a chance to make things right for you.

Well, I got pretty furious about it because I thought that neither of the attys were working. But now that I know about the primer, I feel kind of like a jerk. That was on me. They do still send out a lot of defective products from what I've read.. But I'm sure that's why they're so willing to replace. I sent an email and hopefully, I'll get a replacement in the next week or so. You really can't beat the prices at LF. I mean.. I got the whole bundle and some juices for $37. One of the attys didn't work, but they'll probably send me a free replacement. It's hard to argue with that

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Hey guitar, my Riva 510 from LF arrived last week. It feels a lot more powerful than the mini batts I was using...and burns easily if juice is not flowing. You only get 5-7 puffs using a cart with polyfill. This is when blue foam really helps. With quality, 100 VG juice, a full cart with blue foam lasts me 1.5 hour moderate vaping. With watery juice, it still lasts 1/2 hour. You also need to drip 2-3 drops into the atty to prime it. There was not much "primer" fluid that came with it, I didn't bother blowing it out.

You can go the carto route, more juice to feed the fat batts.

Both my Riva batts are holding up, charger charging, but one of their cheap attys already died (common problem with this kit). I'm trying the second & awaiting LF response.

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL

Second this post. ImYourSalt is a stand up guy. Responds quickly to PM's and doesn't make you feel like a Rook for asking a simple question.

Incognito™

ECF Veteran
So far, my household has ordered and received 3 eGo kits and several bottles of juice. Not ONE SINGLE problem. In a little while, I'll be ordering another eGo kit and a bottle of juice for a friend. You just had a stroke of bad luck. I suggest that you let them know so they can rectify the situation. I would also like to suggest not boycotting them due to this one incident. They have excellent prices as well as products. I'd give em a second chance.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
Incognito™;3818436 said:
So far, my household has ordered and received 3 eGo kits and several bottles of juice. Not ONE SINGLE problem. In a little while, I'll be ordering another eGo kit and a bottle of juice for a friend. You just had a stroke of bad luck. I suggest that you let them know so they can rectify the situation. I would also like to suggest not boycotting them due to this one incident. They have excellent prices as well as products. I'd give em a second chance.

About the stroke of bad luck, it just seems like a mere matter of chance with LF. I've seen posts on here from people that order from them and never have problems, some that have had problems with every single order they've ever made, and some that are in the middle.

As far as giving them another chance and not boycotting them, of course. I already contacted them about it. The only reason I decided to settle down and reconsider a bit is because of the extremely low prices and awesome customer service that I've read all about. I just have an anger management problem. I don't get mad often, but when I do, I get MAD and I overreact. That being said, this entire thread is probably pointless at this point. I was disappointed, but not quite as disappointed now as I was when I started the thread xP I'm absolutely LOVING my Riva right now :)

I'm having to use my 510 nicstick atomizer which seems to work better than the working one that came with it, which is odd because nicsticks are so cheap, but I'm not complaining. Even without the atomizers, the other hardware plus the juice is one hell of a deal for $37. I'm sure they'll be willing to send me replacements. Waiting to hear back from them.

Incognito™

ECF Veteran
I just have an anger management problem. I don't get mad often, but when I do, I get MAD and I overreact

05c1-angry_man_image.jpg

silentt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Virginia
I usually get all the primer out of the attys first. Then I drip 3-4 drop of my juice in the atty and continue to blow all of that juice out too just so it will get any left primer sticking and coat everything with the juice I like. I would recommend getting LR attys though with 3.7v batteries. The flavor comes out more with the low resistance than standard and the throat hit is there.

M_FactorX19

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
N.E. Tennessee
I have a carto that was sent to me that I will be using, but I haven't read up on exactly how to use it yet. I'm new and I've only used carts so far, so that's what I'm testing with xP

Addition: And besides, I do see that as being a personal preference. I read that many people prefer standard carts over cartos

i agree it might be a personal preference but how do you know it wont be your preference if you havent tried them? honestly i dont know why anyone would use carts. check out youtube on how to fill using the condum method and use that for your first fill. then just top off after by dripping from the top. just hold it at an angle and dont get juice in the center tube. if you do just blow it out.

its really hard to beat a LR (2.0ohm) Boge carto on a ego/riva bat. IMO

good luck with your riva kit. im sure you will be much happier in the long run with it than your old kit. just dont be afraid to try new things you might be surprise how much better something might work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread