VEX 100 Kit - Vaptio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the VEX 100 Kit from Vaptio. The VEX 100 Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Bear from Vaptio.

VEX 100 Kit

Introduction

Vaptio are getting well known for their Heroes range of high powered devices packed with features, but while releasing these products they have continued to release Vape pens, pod devices and mods much more simple for those that like to just pick up a device and vape with no complications. The VEX 100 Kit is the later, Vaptio's latest simple to use device featuring variable wattage and that's it. The VEX 100 is a 100 top wattage device with a digital retro display and accommodates a single 18650 (with supplied adaptor), 20700 or 21700 battery. The VEX 100 in this Kit is paired with the Paragon Sub-ohm tank which with it's mesh and strip coils seems to of replaced the Frogman as the tank included with most Vaptio kits. The Paragon i have now covered plenty of times and although i have included an overview this is really just a look at the simple VEX 100 device that i used with other tanks, so i'll crack on!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

8ml Standard Edition

1x VEX 100 Mod
1x PARAGON Tank (8ml)
1x PARAGON Coil(0.2ohm, Mesh)
1x PARAGON Coil(0.15ohm, Strip)
1x 18650 Battery Adaptor
1x USB Cable
1x User Manual
Spare Parts

2ml TPD Edition

1x VEX 100 Mod
1x PARAGON Tank (2ml)
1x PARAGON Coil(0.2ohm, Mesh)
1x PARAGON Coil(0.15ohm, Strip)
1x 18650 Battery Adaptor
1x USB Cable
1x User Manual
Spare Parts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The VEX 100 Kit comes in the usual Vaptio style cardboard box packaging and once opened i was met by a very pocket friendly device which is almost shaped like a short vape pen. Rather than a cylinder the device is slightly oval and the front is flattened to produce a narrow flat surface to accommodate the operational buttons. The top third of the device is a glossy Black section, the rest is the colour of choice, i received the Black version giving me an all Black device but the main body is a matte Black rather than the glossy finish like the top section. The device is also available in Red, Blue and Purple, all versions come with a matching Paragon tank. The narrow flat front of the device houses a large pill shaped fire button within the top glossy section, further down the front we have smaller pill shaped - and + buttons followed by the micro USB port positioned vertically. The rest of the device is rounded as mentioned like a vape pen with the only features being on one side which is the digital screen housed within the top glossy section and towards the bottom the Vaptio trademark. The base of the device is the battery door which has a catch, branding and printed safety stamps. The top of the device has a slightly raised (to protect the finish) 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510 which like all recent Vaptio products has a leakproof fixed collar to stop any e-liquid getting into the device. Like all Vaptio products the build quality is very good and being shaped almost like a vape pen the ergonomics are spot on.

Paragon Specs and Features:

Size: 25x49mm
Capacity: 8ml (standard) or 2ml (EU Version)
Uses Paragon Strip/Mesh coils
Coil: PARAGON coil (Mesh, DL, 0.2ohm, 40-90W/best 60-80W)
PARAGON coil (Strip, DL, 0.15ohm, 40-100W/best 80-90W)
Easy top refill and adjustable bottom airflow design
Thread: 510
Colours: Red, Golden, Blue, Pink, Rainbow, Green, Black

Paragon Overview

The Paragon tank is a nice looking and very well machined sub-ohm tank that with the Bubble glass (standard version) as an impressive 8ml capacity, the EU version of course comes fitted with a 2ml glass and the kit also includes a 4ml straight glass. The Paragon has dual cyclops with stopper and gives a ton of air, you get 2 coils included which are a pre-installed 0.2ohm mesh coil and a 0.15ohm strip coil. The mesh coil is rated between 40w and 90w with a best between 60w and 80w, the strip coil is rated between 40w and 100w with a best between 80w and 90w. I used the mesh coil while using the Paragon on the Super Cape as i just am loving the sub-ohm mesh coils that are coming out with tanks of late, i have used strip coils a few times and i find they match the mesh for flavour but the vape is too warm for me. I can get the same flavour, but cooler vape at 20w lower with a mesh coil compared to strip coils (at least that has been my experience). The Paragon is top-fill via the top-cap unscrewing from the tank (very good threading), once off 2 large filling ports are revealed. The filling ports have a silicone membrane that keeps the tank sealed so to fill you have to push the nozzle of your bottle past the membrane, displacing it, once filled and you have removed your nozzle the membrane reseals the tank. The membrane doesn't just add an extra seal but means the inside of the tank is barely exposed to the air during filling helping with the vacuum and preventing the leaking you can get after filling. The only con for me with the Paragon is that it comes with a proprietary drip tip so you have to use the one that comes with the tank, luckily it is comfortable so not a major issue.

VEX 100 Specs and Features:

Size: 88.7 x 34.5 x 31.5mm
Battery: Single 21700/20700/18650 (not included)
Output Wattage: 7-100W
Feature: 0.002s Firing Time
Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohm
Charging Current: 1A
Comfortable to grip in hand
Compatible with 21700/20700/18760 battery
0.002s fast firing speed
Innovative lights display to show battery status
Thread: 510
Colour: Red, Black, Blue, Purple

Fitting The Battery

The VEX 100 accommodates either an 18650 (with supplied adaptor), 20700 or 21700 battery which is fitted via the base of the device. The base has a little catch that needs pushing towards the centre of the base for the door to release to allow the battery to be inserted. Battery orientation is clearly marked inside the dimly lit device but on the door yet again disappointingly it's Black on Black. To close the door needs pushing down with quite some pressure but once the catch engages it's fastened securely without any rattles whatsoever. This battery door i have come across on a few devices, one that springs to mind is the Lost Vape Mirage and i do worry about the durability of the catch as when the door is fastened shut with the battery installed the battery will constantly be putting pressure on the door. After saying that i have this type of door as mentioned on a few devices and i have not had a failure so quite possibly nothing to worry about.

The Display

The display is very bright and simple and any information is made up of vertical and horizontal dashes the same as the earliest digital clocks. The only information displayed on the screen is the wattage, battery indication and symbols to show no atomiser or a safety protection has kicked in.

Operating The VEX 100

The device is 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on all that can be done is altering the wattage with the - and + buttons and press the fire button to vape. The screen shows the wattage, after the fire button is released after vaping the screen displays the battery status which is shown by a series of lines for 2 seconds and then goes back to displaying the wattage. After 15 seconds of inactivity the display turns off but a press of any button wakes the display up. There is no way of locking your buttons and although i love the simplicity of this device it's a real candidate for both wattage altering and firing when in a pocket, yes the device can be turned off before putting in your pocket but with the display turning off after 15 seconds it can easily be mistaken for being off when the device is actually on. As mentioned battery indication is shown by a series of lines on the display, 5 lines is 81% to 100%, 4 lines is 61% to 80%, 3 lines is 41% to 60%, 2 lines is 21% to 40% and finally 1 line means the battery is between 0% and 20% so very good battery indication. The only other thing to mention is of course the device has all the usual safety protections, a very simple grab and go device.

My Experience Using And Thoughts About Vex 100

I didn't use the Paragon tank as i have used and reviewed it many times with other devices but can report that the 0.2ohm Mesh coil head at 70w is full of flavour and gives more than it's fair share of cloud. The Paragon gives a ton of air, with most sub-ohm tanks i have the airflow halfway but with the Paragon i only have it about 30% open for the same vape. The 0.15 strip coil head i find best at 85w and it also gives great flavour but a bit too warm a vape for me, the airflow is smooth throughout. The VEX 100 fires instantly with impressive ramp up and wattage seems very accurate, it will accommodate a 26mm atty flush so the vast majority of tanks sit nice on top although the 510 is slightly raised so there is the slightest gap but you only really notice it when you know it's there. The device is as simple to use as a device can be and the ergonomics are superb, i used it with a 21700 battery which gave really good battery life, the VEX 100 supports 1A charging.

Good build quality
Very good ergonomics
Pocket friendly size
Very simple to use
Fires instantly with impressive ramp up
Leakproof 510
Bright retro digital display
Good battery status indication
Good battery life
Up to 26mm atty's without overhang
Paragon good inclusion
Good flavour from coils
Smooth airflow
8ml capacity (standard edition)
Spare glass

Cons

No way of locking device
Slightly raised 510 plate (gives the slightest of gaps)
Black on Black battery orientation
Question mark about durability of door catch

I would once again like to thank Bear from Vaptio for supplying the VEX 100 Kit for the purpose of this review.

VEX 100 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread