Vintage tobacco tin

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltrusianGrace

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Va, usa
Thought I'd share an idea I had for a carrying case for my cartomizers.

Since I already have a PCC for my kr808 and 510, I only needed something to carry extra stuff. The kr808 PCC will not fit the greencig carts , so this works out well.

I found this at an antique show for $1. It dates from the 30's or 40's.
DSC_0455 (Medium).jpg
Not in the best shape, but not bad for something made of tin that is twice as old as I am.
DSC_0456 (Medium).jpg
I find that the packaging that the greencig carts come fit perfectly, it also keeps them from making a racket when you walk.
DSC_0457 (Medium).jpg
You can put in one layer of greencig and carry a spare 510.
DSC_0458 (Medium).jpg
Or 2 layers of greencig carts.
DSC_0459 (Medium).jpg

I like the irony of carrying a tobacco cessation device in a former tobacco container.
There is an entire subgenre of collectible/antiques dedicated to these tobacco tins.
You can find some pretty cheap ones on ebay.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
I like it!

Would like to find something similar, about the size of an altoids tin, but long enough to hold a complete 510. I have a variety of tobacco tins around, leftover from my pipe smoking days, but none large enough. Hmmm, at least not the ones readily to hand. Now I'm curious whether a round Sobranie 759 tin would work.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
I like it!

Would like to find something similar, about the size of an altoids tin, but long enough to hold a complete 510. I have a variety of tobacco tins around, leftover from my pipe smoking days, but none large enough. Hmmm, at least not the ones readily to hand. Now I'm curious whether a round Sobranie 759 tin would work.
Ebay and Amazon have lots of these.. Just search for them.. Good prices too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread