• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vision CC eGo Clearomizer (CE5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surreal

Sep 14, 2012
Glendale, AZ
I just wanted to post a quick review, mild warning, and a repair tip for the Vision CC. First, I really love the hit I get from it, and being able to see how much juice remains. I also enjoy having multiple colors so I can load a variety of juices and still know what's what.

The mild warning: you really don't want to carry this around loose in a cargo pocket. I've taken to using a small reading-glasses case to protect it, and a Mentos Chewing Gum case lined with paper towel (padding) for two extras. I had the top stainless fitting get nudged loose in my pocket and dump the juice.

To repair it, I took the top fitting off and cleaned it and the cylinder with a Q-tip dipped in Everclear. I used a toothpick to apply a thin bead of JB Weld (2-part epoxy) around the tube perimeter, carefully put the stainless fitting back on, and applied a thin sleeve of JB Weld covering about 1mm of the cylinder and the fitting. One day later, It's not quite as esthetically pleasing as it was, but it works just fine. I'd advise against using any "super glue" since it has seriously nasty fumes and isn't a permanent fix. In contrast, you can use JB Weld to repair an engine block.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Nice review! I really dig the current clearomizer trend - they're so much better than what was available when I started vaping. If you make it to our meet, hit me up - I have a metric buttwad of Bottle Buddies, little nylon zipper cases that are just perfect for mod batteries, juice bottles... and clearos. I'll make sure you get one!

afullmargin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Arizona
Good to know! I haven't had any leaking issues like that with the Vision I tried - but I did have a really bad time with wicking (I guess I've gotten used to fiddling with long wicks, it happened to be a short wick) for the 3 tanks I was able to run through it before it just started spitting juice back with each hit. Ick.

Been back on the mini vivi nova since, tbh it works best for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread