Vision spinner 2 new authenticate code??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Gizzo

Aug 7, 2020
Any info if this is new packaging and authentication code set up? 1601346407727771581787.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Vision Spinner and Spinner 2 batteries are some of the most heavily cloned eGo batteries. It doesn't really matter as long as it works and since you cannot easily open them to check to see if the components are authentic, well, not much you can do but judge it on it's quality and longevity. I have what I suspect are cloned vision spinners and they still work (bought in 2014). I would not worry much about it unless it only lasts for a few days or weeks, then I would demand a refund.

Where did you buy it?

Aspire CF VV eGo batteries are better because they have a spring-loaded 510 pin. But they are harder and harder to find these days and those that are selling them charge too much for them. Only thing I don't care for is that the numbers are hard to read and I don't like the fire button placement.

Lastly, I don't put much value on these authenticity code checking systems. I think they are all poorly designed systems and merely for entertainment.

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: HigherStateD

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    China cloned it's own products. Quality is probably still the same.

Anyone who thinks this is funny or ludicrous, I can tell you that in a way even Aspire "clones" it's own products.

Aspire/Eigate basically has 2 batches of products they make. One batch has security codes that get sent to "authorized distributors" and the other batch has security codes that get sent to "other distributors".

Fasttech (which buys from the "other distributors") can't buy from Aspire directly or their authorized distros because FT got a bad rep back in the day when they sold more clones and did not adhere to MAP pricing. So when you buy "Authentic Aspire" from FT, when you check the code on the package on Aspire's site, it comes up as a fake, even though it's authentic. This will happen with any other authentic Aspire product you happen to buy from a retailer that is not an Aspire authorized distributor or does not buy inventory from an authorized distributor.

Essentially they clone their own stuff and I'm sure they aren't the only brand that does this. I suspect this is what Vision does.

That's why FT doesn't sell every single Aspire product on the market because Aspire makes sure those products only get in the hands of "authorized distributors" (in other words, they don't "clone" those models lol).

Aspire has made it so that it's hard to tell who is really selling authentic aspire so that you have to buy from their list of authorized dealers to be "safe" because you could buy an actual clone, as they do exist. But in the case of FT, they tell you it's a clone if it really is a clone because of the lack of the word "authentic" and use of the word "styled".

What drama!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread