vixen vapors is my favorite! but question about steeping zomBgone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
I'm just thoroughly impressed with vixen vapors. I ordered a sample pack from pinkspot and honestly wasn't impressed. Not even with Black Mamba (was my favorite out of the samples I tried though)

I'm on my second order from vixen vapors and I just love how you can specify the flavor strength, vg/pg blend, and amount of menthol to ANY flavor you choose.

I havent had to steep anything yet though, I guess because I always ordered the smallest bottles so I could try a bunch of flavors, but this time I got the zom B gone in a bigger bottle and it smells WAY off. Just smells like vapor rub. Is this what its supposed to smell like before they have to steep? My "method" so far is this. Let it sit in hot water until the water cools. Then taking the lid off until tomorrow. Is this going to be effective enough and how long does it usually take? Its a 10 ml bottle.

Oh and my new favorite from vixen vapors is Vixens Secret. I dont think I've needed to steep ANY of the tiny bottles I've ordered so far and I've ordered about 7 different ones.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
bryaninaustin:10598107 said:
I love Vixen too! Awesome Tiger's Blood and great candy flavors, especially Pixie Dust, Wild Pixie, and Sweet and Tart. I haven't tried ZomBGone. Maybe just tuck it away and give it a shake once in awhile. Better still, email Vixen, and ask for steeping recommendations.

Thanks i'll do that. I just got some tigers blood. It smells wonderful but haven't tried it yet. I can't wait to try it. Right now I've got about 5 tanks full of different flavors so I'm waiting untik one of my coils goes bad to switch flavors lol

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
I love Vixen too! Awesome Tiger's Blood and great candy flavors, especially Pixie Dust, Wild Pixie, and Sweet and Tart. I haven't tried ZomBGone. Maybe just tuck it away and give it a shake once in awhile. Better still, email Vixen, and ask for steeping recommendations.

Man. I just tried the tigers blood. It smells SO good. But WOW has a super peppery taste. I assume this needs steeping then?

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
It must. I have never gotten a pepper flavor from it and I have gone through quite a few bottles. Don't give up on it. Let it steep . . . .

Man. I just tried the tigers blood. It smells SO good. But WOW has a super peppery taste. I assume this needs steeping then?

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
My "method" so far is this. Let it sit in hot water until the water cools. Then taking the lid off until tomorrow. Is this going to be effective enough and how long does it usually take? Its a 10 ml bottle.

First time I heard of using hot water to steep. I was told to keep it in a cool dry dark area, and each day shake and remove cap for a few minutes.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
That's what I do too. I do know other use hot water and some use ultra sonic cleaners. I just tuck it away and let it work its magic for a few weeks and shake it up every few days. That works for me.

First time I heard of using hot water to steep. I was told to keep it in a cool dry dark area, and each day shake and remove cap for a few minutes.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland

Got the idea from these forums. I let it soak in hot water once a day until the water cools. Let it sit without the cap. Shake it. Let it sit. Shake. Sit. Shake. sit. Shake.

Not sure how well it works yet.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
"Hey Tara I sincerely apologize for this please let us resend that to you to ensure that you receive the right product! If you have anymore questions or concerns please let us know! "

Reply to my question about Tigers Blood tasting like pepper. I applaud them for exceptional customer service. Tigers blood today, still tasting like pepper. It's a very small bottle so I can't imagine it needing more than a week to steep.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Love the folks at Vixen!

"Hey Tara I sincerely apologize for this please let us resend that to you to ensure that you receive the right product! If you have anymore questions or concerns please let us know! "

Reply to my question about Tigers Blood tasting like pepper. I applaud them for exceptional customer service. Tigers blood today, still tasting like pepper. It's a very small bottle so I can't imagine it needing more than a week to steep.

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
Whenever I get a peppery taste from a flavor, I'm thinking it's nicotine level issues. That's really awesome that they are making a replacement for you. I'm going to check out their website now!

Maybe so, but I am only using a 4mg nic. (they don't have my usual 6mg, which is fine by me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread