Volcano vs Red Dragon??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorijepp

Jan 17, 2010
CT
Hi everyone. My fiance and I are new to this and I have been lurking the board to do some research. For Christmas I bought us cheapo e ciggs and cartridges that has no name, can't get refills for etc etc but hey it was only like 15 bucks. A good purchase to make sure we liked the idea of vaping to help us quit smoking... and it did. So now we are looking for something alot better.

In my research here it seems like we are debating between the Volcano ECigg (which I have found many reviews for helpful here) and the red dragon. (I saw a video of someone saying the throat hit and vapor was better between the two). I searched through the board here looking for reviews of the red dragon yet haven't seen any.

Can anyone help us out?
We are both heavy smokers so a good throat hit is kind of important as well as battery life. I'm not sure if I get the whole concept yet of the e-liquid that you drop on for taste or nicotine. If someone can help me out a bit and explain a little of it that would help. I've read a lot of the tutorials, but there is so much information it's very overwhelming.

Thanks ahead of time...
-Lori

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi everyone. My fiance and I are new to this and I have been lurking the board to do some research. For Christmas I bought us cheapo e ciggs and cartridges that has no name, can't get refills for etc etc but hey it was only like 15 bucks. A good purchase to make sure we liked the idea of vaping to help us quit smoking... and it did. So now we are looking for something alot better.

In my research here it seems like we are debating between the Volcano ECigg (which I have found many reviews for helpful here) and the red dragon. (I saw a video of someone saying the throat hit and vapor was better between the two). I searched through the board here looking for reviews of the red dragon yet haven't seen any.

Can anyone help us out?
We are both heavy smokers so a good throat hit is kind of important as well as battery life. I'm not sure if I get the whole concept yet of the e-liquid that you drop on for taste or nicotine. If someone can help me out a bit and explain a little of it that would help. I've read a lot of the tutorials, but there is so much information it's very overwhelming.

Thanks ahead of time...
-Lori

If by Volcano (there's a few) you mean this one:

Wicked-TORNADO E-NI or Electronic Nicotine Inhalator Black.

...between the two mentioned, get that one.

lorijepp

Jan 17, 2010
CT
If by Volcano (there's a few) you mean this one:

...between the two mentioned, get that one.

No that is not the one I was looking at. Unfortunately I can not post the link yet to the site that I am looking at. I do not see a model number for them.. but from my research here I have seen people say they are very similar to the blu kind? Sorry I am so vague...

DWTaylor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
South Dakota
datsvaper.com
I think she means the jb l88b model the same as the blu. If I have seen it right it is still the same model. So I would look into the CM service. I know volc has a large following due to them caring for the CM. if it isn't a l88b then it will be some other from the same family. like maybe the L80. *shrug*

Viv Savage

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, Volcano is an L88b model, the same exact model as Blu (you're right, it's not the Totally Wicked Tornado). This is the Volcano website: Volcano Fine Electronic Cigarette...home of the best eCig

I don't know anything about the Red Dragon, but I do have a Volcano and I would still guess that the vapor and throat hit are probably better in the Red Dragon, like you heard. I like my Volcano a lot, but more for the convenience... it's compact (about the same size as an analog), and the PCC is great (carries a fully assembled e-cig)... once again, the same as Blu... except, like pbtaylor alluded to, with much better customer service. I have a Vapor King that blows it away in terms of vapor production and consistency (and I would say consistency is the biggest issue with with these super-minis), but my Volcano was still what I took out to a bar tonight. But if you're a heavy smoker, I'm afraid it won't satisfy you.... you should probably look for a stronger e-cig.

tarkus

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Dunedin, Florida
I would recommend that you look at the D510 and Kr808d-1's. The 2 are quite different. The 510 appears to give good throat hit and vapor. The kr8 has low maintenance and ease of use. With either one I think you will probably find a better product that is sold by multiple vendors so you have a lot of options to modify the ecig as you gain experience. Also you can shop between vendors for the best pricing.

lorijepp

Jan 17, 2010
CT
Thank you for all of the reccomendations.
I think I may look into the KR808D-1. I do not like the D510 because it seems you have to push a button to take a draw off of it.

A few more questions for all of you. How do you find the model number for these things? The Volcano is an L88b model yet nowhere on the site I saw anything like that, so it was hard explaining myself.

And are there any discount coupons / codes that I can look into for the KR808D-1 or Volcano?

tarkus

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Dunedin, Florida
Both the 510 and kr8 come with the choice of manuel or automatic batteries if you look around. A lot of vendors of kr8's have discount codes. You just need to pick a couple of vendors then you can ask here an/or if you do a google search for the vendor and discount code you my find one. As far as what model some name brands are I think some vendors do not want you to know so that you continue to purchase from them.

lorijepp

Jan 17, 2010
CT
My Vapor King is a KR808D-1 and I love it. Vapor4Life is the vendor. Try leaford10 for 10% off.

For Volcano, try blucigforum for 10% off.

Thank you for the tip on the discount code. We decided to go with the Volcano. I'm excited now to try it. We also got a few different cartridges for taste. Then we'll think about using the liquid because I noticed there are many different flavors for the liquid.

Thank you everyone. :thumbs:

Viv Savage

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Thank you for the tip on the discount code. We decided to go with the Volcano. I'm excited now to try it. We also got a few different cartridges for taste. Then we'll think about using the liquid because I noticed there are many different flavors for the liquid.

Thank you everyone. :thumbs:

Cool. If you haven't already noticed and/or registered, there's a forum on the Volcano site. It's very active and helpful, so be sure to check it out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread