Voltage drop on Requiem BF Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

William94

Jul 7, 2021
Hi guys!

I have bought a Requiem BF kit and I don't know if it is working well. I'm using a Sony VTC5a which is charged and gives 4.15V. When I fire it and I measure with a multimeter the atomizer it gives me 3.6-3.7V. (I'm using a 0.28ohms coil). Is that normal in a mech mod? It means that I'm vaping at 3.6V and when the battery is low and gives 3.7V I'm vaping at 3.2-3.3V? Thanks!

Reactions: Z-Lee

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Hi guys!

I have bought a Requiem BF kit and I don't know if it is working well. I'm using a Sony VTC5a which is charged and gives 4.15V. When I fire it and I measure with a multimeter the atomizer it gives me 3.6-3.7V. (I'm using a 0.28ohms coil). Is that normal in a mech mod? It means that I'm vaping at 3.6V and when the battery is low and gives 3.7V I'm vaping at 3.2-3.3V? Thanks!
    Hey William.

3.7/4.15 = About 0.89. Your mod is 89% efficient is what I'm interpreting, which isn't uncommon. However, I have no experience with (I really should get into it) mech mods, mine are all in storage for a bored, rainy day. The only downside to this is, that means you're closer to the 3.2V cutoff.

How old is your battery and what are your charging habits like? Do you charge to 100% and run to full discharge? How many cycles do you think you've recharged that particular battery?

Reactions: BrotherBob

William94

Jul 7, 2021
    Hey William.

3.7/4.15 = About 0.89. Your mod is 89% efficient is what I'm interpreting, which isn't uncommon. However, I have no experience with (I really should get into it) mech mods, mine are all in storage for a bored, rainy day. The only downside to this is, that means you're closer to the 3.2V cutoff.

How old is your battery and what are your charging habits like? Do you charge to 100% and run to full discharge? How many cycles do you think you've recharged that particular battery?

My battery is brand new, I have made it like 5 or 6 cycles... So, it's normal to have a 89% efficient? Thanks!

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    My battery is brand new, I have made it like 5 or 6 cycles... So, it's normal to have a 89% efficient? Thanks!
    Hola @William94 ,
    IMO, the device has a higher than average VD. I seem to remember a reviewer mentioned that as a "con" of the device.
    The VD, the small bottle, lack of support for 21700 and availability only as a kit with RDA are amoung the reasons that unit never made it onto my list.

HTH
    I

Last edited:

William94

Jul 7, 2021
    Hola @William94 ,
    IMO, the device has a higher than average VD. I seem to remember a reviewer mentioned that as a "con" of the device.
    The VD, the small bottle, lack of support for 21700 and availability only as a kit with RDA are amount the reasons that unit never made it onto my list.

HTH
    I
    Veo que eres de España! La verdad es que no lo he entendido muy bien, mi inglés no es el mejor... :( Es decir, no entiendo lo que es IMO ni VD tampoco

William94

Jul 7, 2021
    En España, pero desde EEUU. (Mi español no es muy guapo.)
    en mi opinion = IMO
    Caída de tensión = VD

We need to use English on the main boards.
    Where are you located?

espero que ayude = Hope that helps = HTH

Saludos
    I
    Thanks! I'm on Spain, Valencia. Sorry for using Spanish in the forum.

I'm reading that battery sag does part of the VD. So, why people like vaping on mech mods if they can't exceed 3.6-3.7 volts on a full charged battery? I have seen mods that the VD goes to 3.1 when the battery is on 4.2. I usually vape at 3.7 volts on my drag 2, do people enjoy vaping at 3.1 volts¿?? Thanks very much

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Welcome, mi suegra es valenciana, her Paella is worldclass!

IMO, It is an inefficiency of THAT device. Some mechs are just more efficient than others.

I have been a mech squonker since my first REO in 2012.
    I currently use a Hugo squeezer and once adjusted (battery contacts and adjust the button throw) it hits as expected with a .4Ω-.5Ω single coil.
    The squeezer needed some massaging to perform it's best. Perhaps the Requiem needs some attention also.

On the Requiem BF, I would check:
    Battery and internal contacts are clean and make solid connections.
    Tighten the RDA in the 510 and snug up the adjustable center pin.
    Confirm that the coil screws are tight and the coil glows evenly.
    Clean the button/510 contact and confirm that it fires with no arc/spark.

HTH
    I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hi guys!

I've never used a Requiem. But for the Mech's I used to use, that seems like a Lot of Voltage Drop.

Obligatory Question: Have you Cleaned/Polished all the Mod's Electrical Contact Points?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yes! It's brand new.

It doesn't matter if it's new. You should still clean/polish all the contacts. All of them. That means the battery contacts and the button contacts.

But as was stated earlier, it could be that it's just a poor design & poor materials. I that case, unless you are good at modding, there won't be anything you can do about it and cleaning the contacts won't help.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Fiest off all i want to say that i dont know about mechs but i was just wondering..

Are u sure the way u measured with the polymetter u really got a correct measurement?? I dont know the procedure just saying..

Also did u adjust the 510ping nice and tight?

Also if u havent seen go check djlsb vapes video i think he gets also similar drop as u get so seems like its normal for that mech?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread