ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone ever give this a shot?

ahugupes.jpg

I ordered a smoked 5ml tank and one of these from eBay to use:

uty6uga2.jpg

Should be a couple weeks till it arrives. Just need to order a silver 510 connector and I'll be able to bang it out.

Gabe1291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.myspace.com
Never tried it, but it should work, provided the meter fits inside the tank. Might finally have a use for some of these old carto tanks I have laying around. The connector off a dead carto and a 510 to 510 connector should work if you have them laying about, though just an idea. Let us know how it turns out, and happy modding :toast:

Last edited:

Gabe1291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.myspace.com
Sounds good, can't wait to see it. I may have to give it a try myself next month when my vaping budget resets >.> I have everything here, except the digital meter.....and technically I have one of those i could gut from my VV box, but it still works, so I won't go around cannibalizing my useful toys :glare: The carto tanks are fair game though, since I stopped using cartos ages ago, and they've been sitting in a rummage drawer for months.

smuro04

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I think the type of meter will determine whether or not it will fit in the 5ml tube.

A meter like this probably won't fit due to the wider board, even if you de-solder the pins:
qenehe6e.jpg

I have 2 like the one pictured above and 1 like the one pictured in my first post in the mail right now; most likely a week and a half till delivery. I'll find out for sure which one fits when they arrive.

Gabe1291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.myspace.com
Hopefully it's a fit. Something like that could be fairly useful since I have a few VV mods that I slapped together on the fly that I didn't put a readout on due to space constraints, or just mussing with he look I was going for, and I hate firing the multi up to just set the pot on them.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Okay so I found a volt meter while I was cleaning out my stash earlier. The meter with the pins will NOT fit, BUT, the meter without the extended board and pins WILL absolutely fit.

You can use a soldering iron to remove the pins, if that is what is making it not fit. Then add the wires to the holes where the pins were.

L7D4N

Ice Cream!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Dallas, Texas
If anyone is interested in purchasing these meters pre-built and ready to use, I've been putting these in the 2x18650 battery cases, using one side for the meter and the other for the battery slot, to test voltages of my batteries on the go. Here's the link for the volt meters:

LED Panel Meter Mini Lithium Battery Digital Voltmetervoltage Volt DC 3 3V 17V | eBay (Red)
Mini Lithium Battery Digital Voltmeter DC 3 3V 17V Blue LED Small Panel Meter | eBay (Blue)
DC 3 3V 17V Green LED Panel Meter Mini Lithium Battery 0 36 Digital Voltmeter | eBay (Green)
DC 3 3V 17V Yellow LED Panel Meter Mini Lithium Battery 0 36 Digital Voltmeter | eBay (Yellow)

If you search for different ones instead of the ones I've linked, make sure you get the 2-wire ones. The versions with 3 wires need a separate power source, the 2 wire ones use power from the battery to check the voltage, and check voltages from 3.3v on up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread