hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome to yet another review. Today I will be talking about the Voopoo Argus G2 Mini pod that was sent to me by Voopoo in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. The Mini has an internal 1200mah battery with an output range of 5-30 watts and has a charging rate of 5V/1A. This one is more simplistic than the previous G2 and does not have a display screen or a button and is auto draw only. Included in the kit is a single .7 ohm 3ml pod that is “top fill”. This pod is the same as the ones that came with the original G2 but as I mentioned, the kit only comes with one pod instead of two. I’m not a fan of single pod cartridges coming with a kit instead of two cartridges. The mini does have airflow control which is a plus.

7fML6gZ.jpeg

hqiRY05.jpeg

wQseemq.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

yvYqKZK.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

PhWKxi8.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Light and portable, compact and powerful

2. Built-in 1200mAh battery with 30W max

3. LED battery indicator for easy use

4. Designed with precise airflow adjustment

5. iCOSM code tech for superior taste

6. Supports 90ml extra lifespan for 30 days using

7. Fit for Argus Cartridge Top/Side Fill Version

8. Fit for Argus Empty Cartridge and ITO Coil

9E2b8D2.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The Argus G2 mini comes in a very basic box that has a nice color picture on the front. The box opens from the end and inside is the Mini packaged in a sealed foil pouch just like I have seen many disposable devices packaged in. It seemed a little odd to me. Also included is the single .7 ohm pod and user manual. Also included is an advisory card that Voopoo chose to include to give the user some basic guidance on how to use the device. The Mini is a simplistic kit designed to go after those that are looking to make the switch from disposables to a rechargeable and refillable device. The expected low cost of a single cartridge pod device should make the switch very affordable.

1716127894572.png

1716128049424.png

1716128120006.png

1716128157110.png

The G2 Mini has a very nice aesthetic appearance. I really like how they have done the silver to black fade on the sample that I received. The front of the Mini has the Argus name etched on to the body and was difficult to photograph with the name showing due to how it is etched on the body it shows up better in some lighting rather than other. Near the bottom is a single LED light that is white until the battery goes below 15% and then it turns red letting the user know that it’s time to charge the device. It should take a little over one hour to fully charge it from completely discharged. A lot of pod devices claim to be MTL to RDL but often fall short. The Mini did allow me to go from a tight MTL to a slightly restricted RDL. I was very happy with the airflow control on this one. The airflow control on this one is a little different as you can see in the second and third pictures below. The airflow is fully open when slid to the right and normally would be closed when slid to the left but Voopoo put a single small hole that can be seen when slid to the left which leaves a single small airflow hole that gives a nice tight MTL performance.

1716128253849.png

1716128281048.png

1716128306888.png

The charging port for the mini is located on the bottom of the device. Also there is color LED where the white area is around the USB port. This LED can be turned off/on by taking three puffs in two seconds. I didn’t realize this at first as sometimes the LED was on and sometimes off. When I use a pod, I tend to take 2-3 short puffs instead of taking one long puff so I was unknowingly turning the LED on/off.

The pod opening on the Mini is pretty much what you would expect to see if you’ve used auto draw pods before. There are two magnets that hold the pod in place securely along with two spring loaded electrical contacts and an airflow sensor. The .7 ohm pod comes pre-installed with a clear plastic cover over the pod to prevent accidental firing before filling the pod.

1716128358865.png

1716128374904.png

1716128406296.png

The new 3ml top fill pod cartridges claim to last for 90ml of liquid usage. The top fill cartridges are compatible with several Voopoo devices including the ARGUS G, ARGUS P1, ARGUS P1s, ARGUS Z, ARGUS POD SE, and ARGUS POD. Voopoo is calling the new cartridges the Argus Top Fill Cartridge. To me they aren’t really a true top fill. The fill port plug is still on the side but it is positioned higher so that you can actually fill the pods without removing them from the device. The resistance of each pod is stamped on the rubber fill plug. Voopoo claims that these new pods are good for 90ml of use but I would guess that it would depend some on the type of liquid used.

The pod has two strong magnets on the bottom that hold the pod securely in place. There are two holes opposite of each other so that the pod aligns with the airflow sensor despite which way it is inserted into the device. These are the same pods that I covered in the Argus G2 and P2 review recently. I do like how they are ever so slightly tinted to allow the user to easily view the liquid level in them.

FjOMz1A.jpeg

HvkgsdY.jpeg

swQiRlg.jpeg

CqFs99R.jpeg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The Argus G2 Mini is a simplistic auto draw only device without a fire button. It is designed for either beginners looking to make the switch from smoking to vaping or those looking to make the switch from disposables to a much more economic refillable system. If the long pod life claimed proves true then the Mini definitely would be way more cost effective than buying disposables.

I don’t particularly like it when a pod kit only comes with one pod for obvious reasons but I do understand why they have chosen to do this to keep the initial cost down on the kit. I felt like the 1200mah lasted for a very long time before the battery indicator light made the switch from white to red at the 15% remaining battery level. Once it became red then it didn’t seem long until the light flashed and had to be recharged before using again. I personally would have preferred a little more warning on the battery life at perhaps 30% instead of 15% to give me a little more warning before it was completely depleted. I really didn’t notice any difference in puff strength after it hit the 15% level.

The .7 ohm pod seems to be a really good fit for the Mini. I got what I felt was a very long battery life and I experienced no leaking and no noticeable condensation. I was however expecting this type of performance after having previously tested this series of pods. Although the kit only comes with one pod, Voopoo was nice enough to include a .4 ohm pod. I was very pleased with the flavor and vapor production on this pod. It of course will go through the 1200mah battery a bit quicker but the performance is worth the trade off. I am not a huge fan of LED lights so could honestly care less about the LED light on the bottom of the Mini but am sure some will like it. I did like the change on the airflow adjustment design with the extra small hole being exposed when the slide is closed to give a really nice tight MTL type of airflow. Kudos to Voopoo on that design. I was also able to get a pretty decent RDL with the Mini and was happy about that. I think the Mini could be a good fit for both new and experienced users. I personally liked the simplicity of it. No screen or button function to worry about. Just pick it up and vape.

I’d like to thank Voopoo for sending the Voopoo Argus G2 Mini kit for this review. I have thoroughly enjoyed testing it. Also thanks to the readers for making it to the end of another one of my reviews. Below is a link to the website for your viewing pleasure and a picture comparing the size of the original G2 and the G2 Mini.

ARGUS G2 mini-VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life

otmuRnt.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Very nice review, hitt. :)
    Thanks Fran!
    Another good review, I like that you can get a .4 ohm cartridge. Always on the lookout for out and about vapes. I have the Voopoo Argus Pro 2, which I like quite a bit.
    I really liked the .4 on this one. I used a mix of cookie crack and bakery orange. The flavor came through very well.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Congratulations on the wonderful review Hitt. I also received the product for review and I just found out that the LED can be turned off with two quick puffs. I didn't know why it suddenly didn't work hahaha.
    Thanks. Yes, for a while I thought it was defective or something since the light worked sometimes. I have a habit with pods of taking 2-3 consecutive puffs in a short period.

Reactions: Ben28

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    Great review Bob - I've got one on the way to me and I'm at the stalking the mailbox phase :)
    I've got the P1S, Z, C & C2 now and this one looks like it will be a welcomed addition to my Argus collection. As I get older, I've gone back to the simplistic versions as being my favorites. Even on the C & C2, I tend to just pop the pod in and let the Gene AI chip take control. Simple is better to me.
    Kudos to Voopoo for having a pod design that is comparable with so many versions of their devices.
    It's really convenient being able to switch devices and simply pop in the same pod that you have in use. Good work on the review Bob - you did an excellent job and the pictures were appreciated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread