VooPoo Argus G2 Mini Review By Ben28

Ben28

Aug 2, 2023
Alicante, Spain

VooPoo Argus G2 Mini

Today I bring you a new pod-type device from the VooPoo brand. Do you remember the G2 that I reviewed weeks ago? Well here comes the G2 Mini, a device that, with a very small size, definitely packs a punch. Once again, VooPoo has opted to use their new 3mL top-fill cartridges, which from my point of view, were quite good (I don't see the reason why they wouldn't adapt this use)

Before continuing, I would like to thank the VooPoo team for making this review possible. You can visit their page and learn more about the VooPoo G2 Mini

Features;
  • 1. Light and portable, compact and powerful
  • 2. Built-in 1200mAh battery with 30W max
  • 3. LED battery indicator for easy use
  • 4. Designed with precise airflow adjustment
  • 5. iCOSM code tech for superior taste
  • 6. Supports 90ml extra lifespan for 30 days using
  • 7. Fit for Argus Cartridge Top/Side Fill Version
  • 8. Fit for Argus Empty Cartridge and ITO Coil
BrandVOOPOO
Product NameArgus G2 Mini Kit
Battery CapacityBuilt-in 1200mAh battery
Power Range5-30W
IndicatorLED battery indicator
InteractionBottom vaping LED Light
AirflowPrecise airflow adjustment
Cartridge IncludedArgus Top Fill Cartridge 0.7 Ω (3ml) *1
Capacity3ml
FillingTop filling
Fit ForArgus Pod Cartridge Top/Side Fill Version, VOOPOO Argus Empty Pod Cartridge, VOOPOO ITO Coil
MaterialAluminum Alloy+PC
Product Size88*25.6*13.4mm
Packing Size125*35*20mm
ColorStarry Silver, Midnight Black, Moonlit Gray, Aurora Blue, Sunset Orange, Violet Red, Violet Pink, Spring Green

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240519215711.jpeg
The product comes in a fine box, very small in size, smaller than I expected. The decoration is the usual one in VooPoo packaging. We find some branding in the upper area (with its typical colors, black and yellow). In the center we find an image of the device itself, in addition, I must add that the packaging matches the color of the product, that is, there is individual packaging.

As for decoration, I really like the patterns it has, combining the device's own colors.

ReLens_IMG_20240519215724.jpeg

On the back what we find is the contents of the box, some contact addresses with VooPoo, some warnings and logos and finally, a QR code and a barcode.

In the box
- Argus G2 Mini Device
- Argus Top Fill Cartridge 0.7Ω (3mL)
- User Manual

I won't say anything because I'll put it in the cons as I always do, but don't you think there's something missing? I always emphasize that it is necessary to add two types of coils/cartridges so that the customer can have two experiences and know which one to choose in the next purchase.

ReLens_IMG_20240519215823.jpeg

When we opened the box we found the device itself (it came in a sealed plastic bag), an instruction manual and a small card with advice (I will leave you a scanned image so you can see it better)
Untitled.png

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240519215842.jpeg

The Argus G2 Mini has a stick shape and is very small in height, width and depth. It is somewhat larger than the palm of a generic hand. As you can see, the color creates a fade from red to orange (it reminds me a little of the cocktail known as Sex On The Beach, if you don't know it please look it up and you will see the similarities).

The body itself appears to be made of some quality material. We only see plastic in the cartridge and in the lower area. Otherwise, it is a rigid body made of some metal that also, in my opinion, holds up quite a bit because, I'm not going to lie, I have dropped it more than once.

In the central area, although it is not very visible, the name 'Argus' is engraved. In the lowest area we find an LED that will simply light up when we take a puff and that will also inform us of the remaining amount of battery, using these colors;

White - The battery is above 15%
Red - Battery is below 15%

I'm not going to lie, I would have liked a wider range than what is offered here, because we could go out to drink something thinking that it is 100% and really has less, it is something to keep in mind if you are a person who goes for it. to use a lot outside the home.

ReLens_IMG_20240519215850.jpeg

In the back what we find is the air inlet and it is also adjustable. It has a fairly good regulation, with just enough hardness so that it does not move accidentally in our pocket. When it is completely closed it is almost impossible to take a puff, so I recommend not leaving it that way. Personally, with the cartridge that it has, I used it open to the maximum, to get an RDL vape with a pretty good flavor, we will go into more detail later.

From this perspective we can see the curved shape of the device. As you can see, it is not completely straight, but at the edges it creates a curve that makes it feel very comfortable in the hand, added to its small size.

ReLens_IMG_20240519215919.jpeg

Here I show you the Pod-Batteria connection. As usual, it is created using magnets, specifically four in total. Two of them located in the cartridge and the other two in the device.

I don't see any drawbacks regarding the quality of this mechanism in this VooPoo device. What's more, the cartridge doesn't even wobble once inserted.

ReLens_IMG_20240519215934.jpeg

These little things here make this device what it is. They are the new top fill cartidges of the Argus range, which are also compatible even with previously released devices, such as the Argus P1, the Argus P1S, the Argus Z and so on a long list of the Argus range.

As you can see, the liquid inlet is on the side and, I must say, it is very convenient, it is not even necessary to disconnect the pod to fill it with liquid.

According to VooPoo, we are promised approximately 90mL of lifespan coil and 30 days of leakage-free. I have not used it that much and I have not reached 90mL, but I must say that during the testing period (approximately 12 days) I have practically not noticed leakage and in flavor, the intensity has only decreased a little.

ReLens_IMG_20240519220000.jpeg

At the bottom, apart from this beautiful LED that combines green tones and blue tones, we find the charging port that will charge our device at 5V/1A and will take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. By the way, the LED can be deactivated if we take three quick puffs ( thanks to @hittman for that information, I didn't realize it myself )

Vaping Time

Let's talk first about the battery and the feel in hand.

As for the battery, let's keep in mind that this tiny device comes loaded with a 1200mAh battery, something quite large and powerful for its size. If we add to this that it does not have a screen and that the battery will simply be used to power the device itself and the LEDs, we can ensure that it will be quite durable. For me personally, it doesn't last the whole day (I'm a bit of a chain-vaper, I'm not going to lie). But I think that for someone who uses it like a normal person and not like me, it could last perfectly the entire day.

As for the sensations in hand, we could say that they are very good. The combination of the small size of the Argus G2 Mini, the materials with which it has been built and its shape, make it very comfortable and best of all, very, very portable.

Before starting with the conclusions about the coils, I will tell you that the device has a maximum power of 30W and in combination with the airflow we can create our own vaping style.

I'll start talking about the 0.4Ω cartridge (NOT interchangeable coil). The conclusions that I have drawn after using them have been, on the one hand, the large amount of flavor they provide and, on the other hand, the steam. VooPoo has done a very good job with these cartridges and their new technologies.

The second cartridge I tried was the 0.7Ω one. This is intended for a somewhat lower wattage so the first thing we can expect is less vapor. The flavor is practically very similar to the other but it has a somewhat more closed draw in itself.

Pros And Cons
Pros
Cons
Exceptional Cartridges
Slow Charging
Flavourful Puffs
Only One Cartridge Included
Pocketable
Nice Air-Flow Regulation
Great Building Materials
Sleek Design

Conclusion
VooPoo is carrying out innovative systems, especially in the cartridges department. I think it is the biggest pro for buying a device of this style, they have really upgraded their game with this. From my point of view, although I love the G2 Mini, I would go for the G2 or the P2 due to the fact that they have a screen and that they also have the same electronics and cartridges.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread