Voopoo Drag 3 quick review

Status
Not open for further replies.

La_Navidad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 14, 2018
    Hi everybody,
    I have just received newly released Drag 3 from @VOOPOO_Thea and would like to make a quick "first look" review.
    photo_2021-01-19_14-10-02.jpg

Here is the specifications:

Size: 138mm x 52mm x 25mm
    Material: Leather + Zinc Alloy (+PCTG for Pod)
    Pod capacity: 5.5ml
    Pod filling: Bottom
    Output power: 5-177W
    Resistance range: 0.1-3.0ohm
    Coil resistance: 0.15ohm (TPP-DM1), 0.2ohm(TPP-DM2)
    Input Voltage: 6.4-8.4V
    Battery capacity: Dual 18650
    Chipset: upgraded GENE.FAN 2.0
    Modes: Super/Smart/TC/RBA mode
    Charging parameters: Type-C, 5V/2A
    Multiple colors available: Classic, Sandy Brown, Prussian Blue, Smoky Grey, Marsala
    (Mine is in Prussian Blue pattern)

photo_2021-01-19_14-10-07.jpg

And here is what you'll get:
    1 x DRAG 3 Device
    1 x TPP Pod Tank
    1 x TPP-DM2 0.2Ω
    1 x TPP-DM1 0.15Ω
    1 x Type-C Cable
    1 x User Manual

What you'll see is very well known design, especially for Drag Max owners (like me), but when I've opened it for the first time I still got that "Wow effect". Great metal body with leather-like side panel, it's not ordinary leather feeling in hands, but more like nubuck leather, and classic imprintings on both sides. Here is the long awaited thing in the new Drag - 510 pin

photo_2021-01-19_14-10-09.jpg

Yes, no more 510 pin adapters for those Drag Max users :lol: who wanted to attach some classic RTAs\RBAs.
    But the first thing that I've done - looked through Voopoo's website and downloaded the updated firmware with TC mode. There are several modes from the start:
    Smart – for automatic selection the correct output for the coil installed
    RBA – for full variable wattage output control
    Super – when you fire the wattage up to 80W in RBA or when the resistance is between 0.1 and 0.3 Ohms Super Burst mode will open automatically and firing apeed will increase.
    By unknown reasons Voopoo didn't put TC mode, so you will have to do a small upgrade by plugging your Type-C cable in the Drag 3 (remember to face the "arrow" on it downward) and flashing it.

photo_2021-01-19_14-10-12.jpg

The display is completely the same as in other devices from Drag series, bright and informative.
    As with Drag Max this one requires same 2×18650 batteries and the output changes from 5 - to 177Watts.

I haven't tried newly released TPP pod tank, it uses different coil heads (not PnP, they are of bigger size), but the pod itself can be detached from the 510 base, so you could use your ordinary PnP pod in it with it's coil heads.

photo_2021-01-19_14-10-13.jpg

That's all for now, I am going to try TPP Pod with Drag 3 and share my thoughts a bit later.
    One more thing - Voopoo, please make something with inner accessoires section inside the box - mine was completely stuck inside, so I had to tear it apart to get to Type-C cable and coil heads.
    Thanks to @VOOPOO_Thea for sending it to me.

to be continued...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread