Voopoo Newbie 80watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
With all the reviews im seeing about the Gene chip, im looking at the Newbie since i really want a smaller mod that is not in series. Although i am considering the Esquare 60 and Epetite 60 also. I hardly ever vape over 30watts so i really have no interest in mods over 100 watts. The Esquare 60 looks ok just because its in parallel and still fairly small...plus i found them cheap.

Has anyone tried the Newbie 80 and possibly the tank you get in the kit? One of the local shops i like is checking into getting me one since he does stock the Drag at a reasonable price. The guys at the shop seem pretty impressed with the Gene chip.

Last edited:
Never tried the newbie 80 but have the drag. And from what I have seen the newbie 80 runs the gene chip as dose all the voopoo hardware now. All I can say is that the gene chip is amazing it's a poor man's DNA chip bang on an accurate all the time I've never had one problem with my voopoo and I have used many other devices.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
From what im reading it is the exact same chip as is in the DRAG. Amp, ohm and volt limitations compare very favorably to the DNA 75 and DNA 60....I kinda had my heart set on getting my first DNA based device until i started reading up on the Gene board. Woody Vapes or something like that uses them too and they are not cheap mods.

I almost always vape between a .5-.7ohm SS but i would not mind going a little lower. My Wismec based devices have not always been reliable below .4 or .5. and staying in temp mode. I honesty have not built lower in awhile just because of the problem i had with my first Evic Mini.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread