Voopoo related questions (Vinci X & PnP-VM5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exp93

Mar 4, 2022
UK
I am hoping this is the best place to post these questions, because they're all related to the coil, albeit some directly and others indirectly.
  • Is the VM5 coil truly 0.2ohm?
  • Should the Vinci X register it as a 0.2ohm coil?
  • Are the chips in the coils accurate on the wattage restrictions?
  • I usually vape around 40w, is it sound logic to assume that buying lower resistance coils will last longer than a higher resistance coil at max wattage? (i.e. I am just now switching to the VM5s at 40w as opposed to before on a VM1 at 40w).
I changed my coil today in my Vinci X, and I've noticed a couple bizarre things. The wattage range is limited to maximum 50w, not the 60w I'd expect (from the side of the coil and the packaging). I also noticed on the display the coil is registering as 0.15ohm not the 0.2ohm I was expecting.

I know I can bypass the wattage limit by using RBA mode, but I just wondered what might be the cause here. To be honest, I'm not overly bothered, because I did try it briefly and I just found it a bit on the warm side and the flavour was mild at best anyway.

EDIT: With a bit more googling, I have found information that suggests the Vinci X does not support the VM5 coils...? Seems a little bizarre given its still within the maximum wattage range of 70w.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread