VOOPOO VINCI 40W POD... Why does it leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
I wanted something small enough to fit in my pocket, powerful enough, and that would last me for the day. I really liked the looks of the voopoo vinci. For the most part it is exactly what the doctor ordered, except I can't get the thing to stop leaking. I have tried to only fill it half way but it still leaks. Guessing I'm doing something wrong? Any suggestions other than wrapping it a paper towel to keep juice from getting all in my pocket? Thanks!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I have a VooPoo Air and an X. They both leak. But, not all the time. Sometimes they go for days just fine, and sometimes just pour out.
I've tried rotating the coil, replacing the coil...
Nothing is consistently helpful.
I think the taste and vapor production are quite good.
But, last thing I want to do is put a small portable mod in my jacket pocket and have a wet pocket. Sad for VooPoo.
But, all I put in my pocket now are Innokin, which have never leaked a drop for me.

• Agree
Reactions: Katya

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Does the 40W use the PnP coils?
I find those coils are great, but after a short few days, eliquid will soak though the bottom of the coil.
One way to help reduce that type of leak (unvaporized juice on the coil dripping down) is to release the fire button after you pull in your drag.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Thanks newyork13, thought it was just me! I think it's leaking from the coil. Perhaps the oring or seal needs some work? Anyway, can't use this for a pocketable... Innokin you say! :) Looking now!
No my friend, not just you. I would love these but for the leaking.

I have a hard time figuring out the source of the leaks. When I press the bottom of the coil with a piece of paper towel, I get a clear round impression of the coil bottom.
Is that the coil itself or the o-ring leaking? Sometimes I've thought it was the rubber gasket closing the fill port. I don't know how to figure it out.

chrissmanjudge

Moved On
Mar 11, 2021
  • Deleted by retired1

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Innokin you say! :) Looking now!

Yup. If you want a pod/AIO, consider the Sceptre. If you don't care, Zlide and Zenith tanks are wonderful. No leaks whatsoever. I carry my Sceptres in my purse and in my pockets--no leaks, no matter how careless I am with them.

Reactions: Falconeer

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Interesting isn't it, how one manufacturer manages to make all its products without any leaking, and another has many issues with similar equipment.

Reminds me of a couple of years ago when I went into a local vape shop with my Provari Radius and a Kabuki tank. I was vaping on it and a girl next to me asked what it was. I explained and she was very interested and I handed it to her to check out. So, asking her what she was using, she reached into her handbag and pulled out a Sigelei of some kind. I asked if I could hold it, and she said sure, but it leaks a lot, as she passes me a very moist mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread