Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

Today I have the newest member of the Voopoo Vinci family, the Vinci Pod. Something quite different of what I am used to from Vinci, much more simplistic.

Thank you @VOOPOO_Thea for sending me this pod kit!

Specifications:

Packaging:

Vinci Pod Device
Vinci Pod Cartridge (0.8ohm)
Type C-cable
User Manual

Review:

Let's start by saying that for me this is the best-looking small pod I have had my hands on, it is just gorgeous. The whole device is made out of metal (zinc alloy) and has a very nicely themed panel on the front. On the side a kind of 'channel' design is going on to improve grip. Overall, it feels really proper and nice in the hand. It is small and lightweight.

Front side says Vinci and back-side Voopoo, not disturbing branding. On the bottom you will find the USB-C port which allows you to charge the device within around 50 minutes. One full charge does not last me a full day when using it as my only device, I would say around ¾ of day it covers. The Gene logo on the bottom-front lights up while vaping/charging and shows battery indication with green, blue or red. Really like this Gene logo lighting up, looks cool and is easily visible while vaping.

On the topside an airflow lever allows to adjust the airflow by sliding up or down. It moves smoothly and is not sitting too tight nor loose. Fully closed allows for a nice tight draw, not extremely tight, but I can appreciate the draw. Fully open allows for a loose, RDL type of draw. Airflow adjustment on a pod is always a pro, especially when made easy.

Only functions are charging and vaping, there is no buttons. Draw activation works great and reacts extremely fast as I am used to from Gene chips.

Pods look like the smaller version of the Vinci Air pods. A nice flattened out mouthpiece for a comfortable vape. Only minus I have about the pods in general is that there is only 1 included in the kit, should have been at least 2.

Coils are not replaceable, pods go into the bin once the coil is done. Not ideal for nature creating additional plastic waste, but it is practical though.

Pods are kept transparent and stick out of the device quite a bit, very nice to be able to properly see the liquid level. Filling up is no issue at all. It has a large rubber gasket revealing an above average sized fill port. It connects with the device properly with the help of a click and magnets, no movement once inserted.

Coil inside the pod is a 0.8ohm mesh coil. All factors together (airflow, draw activation) team up together very well. Flavor is also very good for a coil this size and the throat hit is really nice. From time to time there is some gurgling action going on, and once I had some spit back in the beginning, but just the first fill. Coils deliver properly right from the start, not much breaking in needed.

Have not experienced any leaking so far, but generally leaking appears when the coil is worn out, which is not the case for me after 1.5-week use.

One ting I am missing is coil/pod options. At this current moment there is only this one 0.8ohm mesh coil. Would be nice to see a regular wire coil with higher resistance, for that perfect MTL throat-hit.

Conclusion:

A very nicely looking properly made device that is aiming for simplicity of a MTL vape. It vapes very well, and the airflow adjustment is just 'the icing on the cake'.

Easy to use and comfortable to take, this is a good device for those starting with vaping as its trouble free. Also for experienced vapers that are looking for a MTL-pod on the go, this is a good one.

Only real downside is that there is only one pod included in the package, so be prepared to buy some replacement pods right at the start. Small cons are the availability of coil options and non-replaceable coils.

Thank you for reading,

Take care,

Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread