VooPoo x217 don’t work HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

snep

Jun 28, 2019
Help me, after update software to 1.0.0.1 ver program crashed and device don’t work

Attachments

• 240199CD-BC9C-41AB-B42C-9FDA2EB7CAA4.jpeg
    240199CD-BC9C-41AB-B42C-9FDA2EB7CAA4.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
64 or 32 bit?

Just wondering due to having issues with various manufacturers software. SXmini SXi software comes to mind for an example, Windows 7 64 bit just will not install the drivers needed.

Do you have a PC or know someone with a PC that has XP installed, as pretty much everything works with that. You could try 10, but I wouldn't know if that would work or not.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Many Firmware updates are conducted in real time, over writing the existing FW with no checksum performed by the device prior to execution. Any loss in data between the computer and device does not get resent and could result in bricking the device. This is why it is critical to shut down all other programs prior to performing a FW update.

@snep – good news is your device is still able to establish that USB handshake. I do not know what error 0x00871000 translates to, this will be specific to the software used for the FW update. But I would email Voopoo’s support with this error

Windows XP has been OOS (Out Of Support) for over 10 years. A competent developer should be testing their code with the latest OS’s and state what it is compatible with. Inconsistencies with software compatibility is usually due to an individual’s configuration and not Windows unless stated so by the developer.

• Useful

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The user was able to run the FW update software – the update was unsuccessful due to a crash caused by who knows, most likely something unrelated. This crash broke the communication between host and the device before the necessary code was transferred resulting in an incomplete firmware on the device. What is missing on the device is needed to re-establish communication.

Had a specific version of .Net or C++ be needed, the FW software would not have run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread