Voopoo x217 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shone

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I received x217 from sourcemore.com for the purpose of this review.

Voopoo x217 colors:

- P-aurora
- P-ink
- P-prussian blue
- P-purple jade
- P-scarlet

dY1amfm.jpg

Specification:

- Power Range: 5W-217W
- Battery Compatible: 21700 *2 (Compatible With 20700/18650 batteries)
- Output Voltage: 0V - 7.5V
- Output Current: 0A - 40A
- Resistance Range Power Mode: 0.05-3.0, TC Mode 0.05-1.5
- Temperature Range: 100-315/200-600
- Dimensions: 93*50.6*33mm

In the box:

- X217 217W TC
- 18650 Battery Adapter x 2
- USB Cable
- User Manual
- GENE Chip Card
- Warranty Card

QLhCKHs.jpg

Voopoo x217 is powered by two batteries and this mod works up to 217w. As other mods from voopoo this one also has gene chip which is in my opinion very good chip. Size of the mod: 93mm x 50.6mm x 33mm. I like the design of this mod, I would change it a little bit but basically this mod looks amazing in my opinion, very beautiful mod. On the sides you can see carbon, from the back of the mod you can see resin pannel which is beautiful, also from the back you can see engraved "Voopoo", on the fire button you can also see some resin and under the plus and minus buttons you can see logo.

FGqiiWx.jpg

hIsQKgB.jpg

From the top of the mod you can see stainless steel connection screwed from the top and this part is very good, threads are good, I didn't have any problems and also we have here gold plated spring loaded 510 pin. I like that the top part of the mod will never be scrathed from atomizer, on my mod you can't see any scratches from the top. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 33mm in diameter which is amazing, so basically you can use here almost any atomizer without overhang.

From the bottom of the mod you can see the battery cover and this part so far looks okay and I hope that it will continue to be okay because this is very important part of the mod, so far as I said looks just fine. On the battery cover you can see venting holes and also you can see some engravings. When you open the battery cover you can see engraved from the inside battery orientation. This mod works with two 21700 batteries or two 20700 batteries and also if you don't have 21700 or 20700 batteires you can use 18650 with adapters that you will receive in the package. This is very good in my opinion because I like to use two 21700 batteries. When you shake the mod with batteries inside you can hear the battery rattle which will be a con to some people.

66k2UwM.jpg

WY5EDeO.jpg

On the front of the mod you can see the fire button, screen, plus and minus buttons, usb port and pretty much big led light.
The fire button on this mod is great, I like the resin on the fire button, also the fire button is very clicky and it works very good, no miss fires at all, the fire button works great every time. Plus and minus buttons also works just fine without problems.
Usb port on this mod you can use for software upgrade, also this mod has balanced charging so you can charge your batteries here if you don't have external battery charger, but as always I would suggest to charge your batteries in external charger.
On the picture you can see how led light looks on the device. You can change the color of the light or if you don't like the led light you can turn it off.
The screen on this device is beautiful, size of the screen is 1.7 inches and this is color screen. On the screen you can see all informations very clear which is good. On the screen you can see:

- Two battery indicators
- Working mode
- Watts/Temperature (Depends which working mode you use)
- Puffs
- Puff time
- Resistance of the coil
- Volts/Watts (Depends which working mode you use)

To turn on the mod you need to click 5 times on the fire button, to turn it off you need to do the same. You can also lock this device, to do that you need to hold the fire button and plus button, also you need to do the same to unlock the mod. When you lock the device you can't use it.
Every time when you click 3 times on the fire button you can choose from:

- Standard mode
- Tc mode
- Function

When you are in the standard working mode or in tc mode and you hold the plus and minus buttons you will get more options. If you hold the plus and minus buttons under the "Functions" you will see:

- Lock menu
- Clock select
- Brightness
- Led select
- Wallpaper select
- Language select
- Time select
- Date settings
- System ver
- Quit

So, as you can see, on this device you can do a lot which will be interesting for many, you can adjust the brightness of the screen, mod has clock and date, you can adjust the led light if you like it and you can change the wallpaper which is interesting. Anyway this mod has a lot of options which is very nice.

Device protections:

- Reverse charging protection
- Short circuit protection
- Overtime protection
- Over temperature protection
- Output over current protection
- Overcharge protection
- Balanced charging

bkZnOaD.jpg

96D0mmi.jpg

How this device works and my thoughts:

As I already said I really like the design of this mod, maybe I would like more resin on the mod, but basically it looks very nice in my opinion. The shape of the mod is good, it stands very nice in the hand and this mod is very comfortable for using. At first I didn't like the position of the fire button but really fast I used to it and now I like it. The fire button is great, it works very good and I think that resin on the fire button is good detail. The color on the mod looks very good, so far there is no any scrathes on the mod, maybe a little bit on the bottom of the mod but almost nothing, very good job with color here. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 33mm in diameter which is great. The battery cover so far looks good and I hope it will do the job in the future. We have here a little con, when you place the batteries and shake the mod you can hear the rattle. Also you can charge the batteries inside the mod, but as I said I suggest you to charge your batteries in external charger.
The screen is great, a lot of informations we have on the screen and you can see all informations very clear. Also I like that we have here color screen and I like the options on this device. I belive I like the most that I can use here 21700 batterries. Gene chip is great, it works good and I didn't have any problems.
So, basically x217 is well built mod and it works very nice, with all of that you get a lot of options here and if you like the design of the mod I can suggest you this mod.

Cons:

- Battery rattle

Pros:

- Comfortable for using
- Good quality
- Good color
- You can use 21700, 20700 or 18600 batteries
- Gene chip works great
- Color screen
- Clock and date
- You can change the wallpaper
- Good fire button and plus and minus buttons