sessiondrummer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jan 22, 2011
    USA
    EARpl81.jpg

Desserts – VSO Flavors

All tested @ 16%, 70v/30p @ 3mg in a SteamCrave RDTA v.1 with fresh cotton and dry burned coils in between flavors.

**Spork Pudding Vanilla (VSO) 16% (9-6-20)** -- Alrighty, ON to the VSO One Shots testing !!!! First one on deck, was part of a tripple pack of the Spork Puddings. Pudding, can be a hard one to get right for everyone, and depending on where you're from or live, your expectations will differ. My tastes lean heavily towards a Jello Pudding, and the like for comparison.

This one presented as a very rich, and full vanilla pudding, that leaned towards custard for my tastes. My current VP fav would have to be hands down FLV VP. Was def. getting some egg from this one, which leaned it towards a custard for me, but had some other elements in there, which kept it from leaning too far to the custard. The vanilla notes were very interesting, and kept you fulfilled, and guessing at the same time. Sweetness was actually lower than expected, and was below mid level sweet. At this testing weight, it was very full, rich, and good. I can't elaborate on any "Sporking", but this one was quite good, and to my tastes, fell into a 50/50 Pudding/Custard category. Not a "pure" pudding, but damned good as it was. Solidly at a **8.75/10**.

**Spork Pudding Strawberry (VSO) 16% (9-6-20)** -- 2nd Spork on deck, and wow, the Strawberry really works great in this one. I can detect many of the same elements from the Vanilla, but sometime unique happened when Shane imparted the SB in this one. It almost took on a shift towards a SB Milkshake. Not entirely, or even half way, but it's a delicious shift. The SB is in the lead on the inhale, and the shake/custard/pudding is more pronounced on the exhale. This feels like a delicious pink SB cloud. To my tastes the almost shake-like shift was really a plus, and helped the overall experience. Like the vanilla, I didn't get a traditional American Jello Pudding out of this, but the custard/pudding base can not be denied. Very satisfying vape at this testing weight, and sweetness felt a tick above mid level, and it worked well. All in, pushing this up a tick to **9.25/10**.

**Spork Pudding Blueberry (VSO) 16% (9-7-20)** -- Finishing out this tri-Spork set is the Blueberry Spork Pudding. Yes, the delicious VSO BB makes it's appearance in this flavor, as expected, and it just plain works. Much like the SB Spork, this one presented as rather a milkshake/pudding/custard flavor, and was solid at this testing weight. I wouldn't say a BB Smoothie, but it didn't pull concisely towards a pudding, more of the aforementioned profile. It was interesting to see how the VSO BB fared in a creamy/custard mix, and as to how it held it's own, and didn't get lost in the mix. Some of the punch of the BB got absorbed by the base, but there was still PLENTY of it on deck, to make itself known. All in, this one was very good, and lower than mid level sweetness kept it easy to vape. A nice BB milkshake/pudding/custard is what you get, and a great way to finish out the Spork Trio. **9/10**.

**Pineapple Whip (VSO) 16% (9-9-20)** -- LAST VSO One Shot on deck. Thanks to @muth, I took some time to get into this one, and was glad I did. Right out of the gate, I got a delicious Pineapple, and an almost Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream. Having created one of these, one of the biggest hurdles, was to get the cream level high enough to fully represent a soft serve ice cream, BUT, without drowning out the pineapple, and that proved to be quite a task. Shane did a great job balancing out the two with this one, as both elements were clearly present, without overpowering the other, or muting. It appeared to be an even 50/50 split, and that just really worked out. The pineapple had some lower (darker) notes, and much more mid notes, with just a very few high end notes. Tasted very natural, ripe, and favored the mid body of the pineapple. The "Whipp" didn't impart a whipped topping like say Cool Whip for those in the know, but I got much more of a light, yet very present vanilla profile, which I took to be a soft serve. Whether it's a "whip" or "soft serve" will be up to the individual, but I can tell you it works, and the two main profiles, support each other, and that ain't easy to do. Now on Shane's site, it does state there is a smidge of Coconut in there, and if you look hard enough, you can find it. Much more of a "rounder" than a player, but again, smartly done, and it works. Sweetness was a tick or two above mid level, and that was expected given the profile(s). Felt really good at this testing weight, and I can't pull it down with any take offs. Clean, natural, and very even keeled. Having spent quite a deal of time coming up with my own, I can very much appreciate how this one was balanced, and it would appear Timmerz had a hand in this one as well. **9.8/10**, without question.

**Strawberry Donut (VSO) 16% (9-7-20)** -- This one took the entire 10ml bottle to try and get a grasp on it. For starters, it was very good, but I couldn't decide if it was more of a SB Donut, or SB Cookie/Donut. It was missing any telltale yeast notes that often times accompanies "Doughnuts", and there was no (YAY) Playdoh, so what it did have was a great bakery element that teetered between somewhat of a donut and yet, a cookie. Sweetness was mid level, and the overall mix tasted really good at this level. I deliberated as to missing out on some of the Donut, vs. the absence of heavy yeast or Playdoh, for rating this one. After finishing the entire tester, it continued to be obvious that this WAS indeed a great flavor/one shot, despite it not being overtly donut-y-ish. Finalizing this interesting one at **8/10**.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread