Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That’s actually reasonable! I was getting kanthal strips for a buck a piece and said “to hell with that!” so I cut a similarly sized piece of 200 SS mesh and it works fine. Doesn’t last as long as the strips but the price difference is so huge it doesn’t matter. Turns out they work fine in TC mode too.

I might actually buy some of those though.

Reactions: greek mule

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
That’s actually reasonable! I was getting kanthal strips for a buck a piece and said “to hell with that!” so I cut a similarly sized piece of 200 SS mesh and it works fine.
Yup, I just love TC mode, especially on a dna. I have been using the Digiflavor 150 SS mesh, but as you may know even 150 is quite fine. The VV coils are much coarser and could be an improvement.
I like MTL and hoping we see some MTL mesh action from the industry. I have cut some narrow SS mesh and achieved almost 0.30 ohms (5 by 16mm)....but how to get a reduced the chimney is a challenge.

Reactions: Tonee N

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yup, I just love TC mode, especially on a DNA. I have been using the Digiflavor 150 SS mesh, but as you may know even 150 is quite fine. The VV coils are much coarser and could be an improvement.
I like MTL and hoping we see some MTL mesh action from the industry. I have cut some narrow SS mesh and achieved almost 0.30 ohms (5 by 16mm)....but how to get a reduced the chimney is a challenge.
I don’t know that there’s a heck of a lot of point to a mesh MTL. The whole point to mesh is massive surface area with minimum mass. You can make coils that behave like mesh by doing radiator coils which are huge high wrap count coils in fine wire. A mesh MTL is basically a microcoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread