The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VV SS Mesh coil Strips

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Coolsiggy, Jul 1, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Coolsiggy

Coolsiggy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Headsup, Retailers are now starting to receive stocks of VV SS316 coil strips in 0.20 (40-60W)and 0.15 (50-70W) ohms which will suit the Kylin M and Profile atty's, TC lovers rejoice. My local Ozzy based retailer has them at AUS$5.95 for a pack of 10.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    That’s actually reasonable! I was getting kanthal strips for a buck a piece and said “to hell with that!” so I cut a similarly sized piece of 200 SS mesh and it works fine. Doesn’t last as long as the strips but the price difference is so huge it doesn’t matter. Turns out they work fine in TC mode too.

I might actually buy some of those though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coolsiggy

Coolsiggy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yup, I just love TC mode, especially on a DNA. I have been using the Digiflavor 150 SS mesh, but as you may know even 150 is quite fine. The VV coils are much coarser and could be an improvement.
    I like MTL and hoping we see some MTL mesh action from the industry. I have cut some narrow SS mesh and achieved almost 0.30 ohms (5 by 16mm)....but how to get a reduced the chimney is a challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I don’t know that there’s a heck of a lot of point to a mesh MTL. The whole point to mesh is massive surface area with minimum mass. You can make coils that behave like mesh by doing radiator coils which are huge high wrap count coils in fine wire. A mesh MTL is basically a microcoil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.