Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hi!

For an indestructible bottom feeder... an aluminum body Reo from Reosmods There is no VV option any more but the Grand size can use a Kick if you sand a small patch on the interior to bare metal. Rob is supposed to be making them to readily accept a Kick in the near future. In the mean time a small sandpaper job will do it. Rob ships international so no problems obtaining one or any parts for it.

Come visit us in the supplier forum if you have any questions. => Reos Mods

I started using a Reo in December last year. Haven't used anything since. :2c:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
The VV reo grand has been discontinued but they pop up all the time on the classifieds. That being said I am an avid lover of VW/VV and I love my mechanical grand. Definitely +1 to the REO.

dahedane.jpg

Click on my 1st sig banner below to go to the website ;)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Wich bottom feeder would you recommend?
And where can i buy a VW bottom feeder?

I got a Reo Grand a few months ago and I love it. The bottom feed system is great and the Reo is really tough and will last me a long time. But they are not made in VV any more and never have been made in VW. I don't know of any VW bottom feeders.

Good luck with it :)

Antidoto

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Italy
I would suggest a Reo grand with the kick2 inside, but if you want the dna30 chip, you could look at the sunbox e7 by del-sole.it or at the puzzle box dna30 by lukkos on various italian sites (I'm not sure they're already available, in any case the puzzles are limited productions and it's very difficult to grab one).

Ps

This one would be perfect: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584809

Last edited:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
With a Reo you would have to build your coil to hit your favorite watts (or use a kick)...you can easily exceed the capabilities of a DNA30, example-0.5 Ohms with a fully charged battery puts you at 35 watts :) you will not get an even power supply over the course of the battery discharge, you have to find your preferred build spot so that becomes a non-issue.

The performance compared to a tube mech is a tough one, they all have different voltage drop etc and the concept and overall function are aimed in totally different places. IMO Reo + RM2, Cyclone or Hornet with my preferred resistance coil and the new contacts exceeds any RDA + tube mech that I have tried....but it is an unfair comparison legitimately...apples and oranges.

I believe the Sunbox is the only BF DNA style device there is and they make Reos look cheap :blink: (Not saying they arent worth it - But I would rather buy 2 Reos! :) ) E7 - Modulo Usb Black

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Have heared allot about the reo grand.
I have a couple mechs but they dont really do it for me compared to the DNA 30.
Is it fair to say that a reo preforms the same as a tube mech if the atty coil etc is the same on both?

IMO, the REO performs better. The reason why is with bottom feed you flood the atty and the excess drains back into the bottle leaving you with a perfectly soaked wick/coil each time. On an RDA when dripping you know when you hit that sweet spot between flooded and too dry? On a bottom feeder, you are consistently there without having to constantly pop the cap and drip.

badcompany03

Aug 8, 2014
indiana
you only need the lp if you want to run larger attys than the cyclone and the reomizer2 and a few others, you can also run normal atomizers and carts that are bottom fed on them. the difference between the normal and the lp is that the lp has the catch cup milled down so you can put larger diameter atomizers on the device and they don't have to fit in a catch cup.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Thanks for the help.
Think i should go for a reo then.
The normal reo's are locally availible here now but not the LP.
Probelly have to import the LP then.

The difference between the regular Reo and the LP Reo is the depth of the juice well. On a standard Reo the juice well is deep, so the atty has to be small enough (19mm or less, I think?) to fit down into the well. On the LP that juice well is milled almost flat, so just about any BF atty will make the needed contact with the 510 connector.

If you see something you want - like a certain color etc., but it's listed as out of stock, just e-mail Rob from the Reosmods web site and ask. We keep Rob really busy making Reos, so you can always ask about availability by e-mail. If you are ready to commit, tell him everything you want to order, so it will all get invoiced together - and won't have multiple shipping fees. He can also let you know about the rates for international shipping.

About that "good as a tube mod?" thing. We largely agree it's a better experience. You don't have the voltage drop and resistance issues in a metal Reo because there are no multiple threaded parts messing with conductivity. Not sure how current your local stock is, but with the newest switch parts you can sub ohm down to 0.2 ohm if you really want to go there. (Older models can be refitted with the newer sub ohm switch parts.) B2L already covered the advantages of bottom feeding an RDA - it makes for a better & easier experience. The feed bottle holds up to 6 ml's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread