Want to give vaping a try again to help quit smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, my name is Dennis

I’m not exactly new to vaping. I tried it a few years ago and actually quit smoking for 10 months but unfortunately started smoking again. I started at 12mg nicotine juices and worked my way down to 0. I enjoyed the menthol flavoured/cool juices. I still don’t really fully understand much about vaping and what I should be looking for. I originally had a Joytech VTC mini with Tron Tank and was using Joyetech CL Pure Cotton 1.0ohm. I still have that unit although it’s probably seen better days and I think vaping products have come a long way and improved significantly since then. I still have many of The Joyetech CL Pure Cotton 1.0ohm coils left and 18650 batteries. I’m looking to give vaping a go again but find so much of it confusing and the market is flooded with products. As a smoker who wants to quit I think I’m looking for more of a MTL vape as that is more what smoking is like. I also don’t want to overpay. I ordered all my previous stuff on AliExpress at a much better price than the retail stores and everything was kosher on that front. I feel I’m an experienced AliExpress shopper so I feel comfortable finding what I need once I know what I’m looking for and anything fraudulent I’ve received or not up to the standard I was looking for I’ve disputed and been refunded. Can someone please assist me and maybe point me in the right direction of a solid vaping unit/mod to put together? I like at least a 4ml tank or bigger just for convenience. I need like a vaping for dummies book or something. I really don’t want to know so much of the technical stuff. I just want to be told what is good for what I am looking for and order what I need and use it to try and help me quit smoking again. I want to buy something of quality with a decent sized tank and good and easily replaced coils. Once I have that don’t want to think about it too much. Just do my thing and have my unit on hand to vape. I find so much of the technical stuff hard to process and I really don’t have time for that.

• Useful
Reactions: NCC and Izan

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The Vaporesso Gen mod, dual 18650, my favorite mod to date. Performs excellent and has a very intuitive operating system.
The Freemax Fireluke 2, outstanding tank with coils that last several weeks and provide excellent flavor.
I use the TNX2 0.5ohm coils but they have lower ohm coils also. I’ve just always loved the vape I get from coils in the half ohm range.
Best of luck, I know what it’s like to leave the vape scene and come back a few years later. Can’t recognize the place, the industry moves so fast but given a little time catching up isn’t too bad.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi all, my name is Dennis

I’m not exactly new to vaping. I tried it a few years ago and actually quit smoking for 10 months but unfortunately started smoking again. I started at 12mg nicotine juices and worked my way down to 0. I enjoyed the menthol flavoured/cool juices. I still don’t really fully understand much about vaping and what I should be looking for. I originally had a Joytech VTC mini with Tron Tank and was using Joyetech CL Pure Cotton 1.0ohm. I still have that unit although it’s probably seen better days and I think vaping products have come a long way and improved significantly since then. I still have many of The Joyetech CL Pure Cotton 1.0ohm coils left and 18650 batteries. I’m looking to give vaping a go again but find so much of it confusing and the market is flooded with products. As a smoker who wants to quit I think I’m looking for more of a MTL vape as that is more what smoking is like. I also don’t want to overpay. I ordered all my previous stuff on AliExpress at a much better price than the retail stores and everything was kosher on that front. I feel I’m an experienced AliExpress shopper so I feel comfortable finding what I need once I know what I’m looking for and anything fraudulent I’ve received or not up to the standard I was looking for I’ve disputed and been refunded. Can someone please assist me and maybe point me in the right direction of a solid vaping unit/mod to put together? I like at least a 4ml tank or bigger just for convenience. I need like a vaping for dummies book or something. I really don’t want to know so much of the technical stuff. I just want to be told what is good for what I am looking for and order what I need and use it to try and help me quit smoking again. I want to buy something of quality with a decent sized tank and good and easily replaced coils. Once I have that don’t want to think about it too much. Just do my thing and have my unit on hand to vape. I find so much of the technical stuff hard to process and I really don’t have time for that.
Hi and welcome back,
The kit you have should work just fine.
Track down some CL-R coils (1Ω) for your tank.
Find a juice you like; regular nicotine 12-18mg/ml or Salt nicotine 20-35mg/ml or a mix of both that delivers the throat hit and nicotine hit you want.

Please add your location to your profile.
Best of luck
I

I think my old Joytech VTC mini with Tron Tank has seen better days. Its just beat up and I think its time for a new unit. It still works but I'm like holding it together with an elastic band. Its taken a few drops and the tank doesn't feel securely in place anymore and will detach when in my pocket. It's unfortunate as I have many Joyetech CL Pure Cotton 1.0ohm coils still left along four or five 18650 batteries that I would just switch out for a charged battery when my battery died.

It does not sound like at least for the moment that Sub-Ohm Vaping is for me yet. As a MTL Vapor it sounds like I want coils in the 1Ω - 1.5Ω range? Am I correct on that point? It also sounds like for what I am looking for I do not need something with high wattage? Am I correct on that point? I do want a large tank at least more than 2ml. I don't care if a unit has higher watt capabilities as that is something I may want to use later. I'm just looking for something sturdy, durable, easy to carry, with a good reputation and with at least a 4ml tank or more. Is there a newer unit one can recommend where I could still utilize the Joyetech CL Pure Cotton 1.0ohm coils and/or the 18650 batteries I still have? I think I'm starting to get my bearings back a bit. If I cannot utilize any of my old coils and/or batteries that is ok too. I want to buy everything I need along with extra coils and/or batteries if needed so I am equipped and ready to keep vaping and not fall back to cigarettes.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I think my old Joytech VTC mini with Tron Tank has seen better days. Its just beat up and I think its time for a new unit. It still works but I'm like holding it together with an elastic band. Its taken a few drops and the tank doesn't feel securely in place anymore and will detach when in my pocket. It's unfortunate as I have many Joyetech CL Pure Cotton 1.0ohm coils still left along four or five 18650 batteries that I would just switch out for a charged battery when my battery died.

It does not sound like at least for the moment that Sub-Ohm Vaping is for me yet. As a MTL Vapor it sounds like I want coils in the 1Ω - 1.5Ω range? Am I correct on that point? It also sounds like for what I am looking for I do not need something with high wattage? Am I correct on that point? I do want a large tank at least more than 2ml. I don't care if a unit has higher watt capabilities as that is something I may want to use later. I'm just looking for something sturdy, durable, easy to carry, with a good reputation and with at least a 4ml tank or more. Is there a newer unit one can recommend where I could still utilize the Joyetech CL Pure Cotton 1.0ohm coils and/or the 18650 batteries I still have? I think I'm starting to get my bearings back a bit. If I cannot utilize any of my old coils and/or batteries that is ok too. I want to buy everything I need along with extra coils and/or batteries if needed so I am equipped and ready to keep vaping and not fall back to cigarettes.
Fair play.
The tanks that take the CL style coils are in much shorter supply these days. (My wife's favorites) Old style Mega tank/battery: Joyetech Ego One VT Kit

All about the tanks and coils: eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

I am going to point you in the direction of the Kroma/Zlide kit from Innokin.
Kroma R Zlide Kit – A Better Vape Experience

The "Z" series coils come in a variety of resistances and the tanks are highly rated.
I would encourage you to get a new battery, but your current 18650 should be fine in the Kroma mod to get you going.

I might also suggest something like the Vaporesso Podstick as a back up device or as a smaller, more pocket-able option. It's a pod device, but the pods last a long time and it performs surprisingly well overall.

HTH
Cheers
I

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Skwij

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I too recommend the Platform series kits by Innokin. I'd also suggest the Zenith tank as it has more capacity, compared to the Zlide.
Seeing as you're in Toronto, I'd suggest Dashvapes, Wicks 'n' Wires, E-Cig Flavourium, 180 Smoke, plus there's many more.
You may even be able to get replacements for the Tron online, seeing as you have tonnes of coils left for it.

12 mg juice is probably a good place to start, depending on kind and amount smoked per day.

~skwij~

Reactions: Hawise

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Here's another vote for the Kroma/Zlide/Zenith if MTL is your thing.

18650s are still standard, although 20700s and 21700s are becoming more common. If you'd like to replace your VTC Mini with another single battery choice, the Aegis Solo is popular (or the Aegis X, if you want to go to two batteries). The Aegis is very sturdy, although it's not the lightest of mods.

One other thing I have to mention is that AliExpress is not a reliable source for batteries. There are far too many counterfeits around to bet your safety on AliExpress (or Ebay or Amazon, for that matter).

Mooch maintains a great list of recommended batteries and reliable suppliers, which you can find here: Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum (suppliers are in the blue row). If you prefer a supplier closer to home, Dashvapes has a good reputation.

• Agree
Reactions: Skwij
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread