Wanting a Silver Bullet... Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
After some research I've decided to go with the Silver Bullet from AltSmoke.com as my first (and hopefully last) mod - especially considering the plethora of amazing reviews. I just need to make sure I'm getting the right stuff to use it with what I already have.

From my understanding, the Silver Bullet is 510 threaded so to use my 808 cartos, I'll need a 510-to-808 converter piece.

With the 18650 XSL 2600mah protected battery and charger, some juice, and the above mentioned PV and converter piece, I should be good to go, right?

My preference right now is to use the Bloog MF cartos (808), which I believe are optimal in the 3.7v range. So, will my Silver Bullet be 3.7v with that battery? I've heard of people "stacking" batteries and drilling holes and so forth to run it at 6v, but I'm hesitant to do that as I don't think it'd be necessary with the carto's I'm planning on using.

Also, is a device like this better with an atty or would it do just fine with the cartos I mentioned?

Thanks in advance!

golferman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Henderson, Nv USA
Hi Zer

The SB is a great mod. You can use 1 18650 battery for 3.7 vaping or 2 rcr123a batteries for 6 volt vaping. You will dial in your taste from the attys that you use. They range from around 1.5 ohm to 3.4 ohms. At 3.7 you will probably be around 1.5 to max 2.0 I would think. At 6 volts 2.0 and up. You will just have too find out through trail and error your sweet spot. But the silver bullet is an excellent mod and the price is right. I also have a Reo Grand and they both have their uses. You can not go wrong with the silver bullet.

Cobra GT

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2011
NOLA
You are making a good choice with SB, it is 510 and you will need the adapter to run the 808’s. The SB will be 3.7v and a little higher when the 18650 is just off the charger. You can use cartos or attys with any pv, but what you have listed will get you started just fine. The SB will not stack Trustfire 16340 and screw all the way in, but it will work and give you 7.4v if you need a serious th. Good luck and I don’t think the SB will be your last pv, peace.

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
couple questions...

@sinlak: by dripping every 10-15 hits are you referring to when actually dripping onto the 510 atomizer itself? I just saw the Dr. Vapor video and he had the filler removed from the unit and dripped straight onto it. 3 drops straight down the middle.

what's a good atomizer to get for this thing? i've never messed with anything with an atomizer before, only cartos.

I kinda like the idea of dripping. Seems easy enough and to the point.

and finally, how long does an atomizer last? if you drip it does it affect the lifespan?

i feel like a newb all over again. :)

Sinlak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Orange County, CA
yes i mean dripping right onto the atomizer. For dripping I highly reccomend a ikenvape 901 (has 510 threading) IKV LR 901 1.8
These things are amazing. Ignore everyones LIES! about 510 being so great ;p. but if you do want a 510 go with a hybrid style like this one AERO 510 Bridgeless Atomizers - Avid Vaper both work reallllly well for dripping. the 901 is more Efficient with juice tho, but the 510 AERO gives better flavor

edit: IMO avoid 801s, very airy and not much flavor. lots of vapor but..meh I like to taste the vape that I pay for :p
edit2: also if you do decide to drip onto an atomizer (which I think you should try, the flavor is much better than cartos) get a drip shield so you dont leak and waste juice, this is the one I use http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/em901drip.htm you can see it on my prodigy here (the one in the middle, all stainless steel) in that pic the Reo Mini (the blue box thing) has a 901, and the prodigy has a 901, the white Ego has a 510, the blue ego has a fluxo ce2, the first kgo has a fluxo the red reo grand has a 306 and the kgo on the right has an 801 stealth series from IKENVAPE (ikenvape.com makes the best attys, period!)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
After some research I've decided to go with the Silver Bullet from AltSmoke.com as my first (and hopefully last) mod - especially considering the plethora of amazing reviews. I just need to make sure I'm getting the right stuff to use it with what I already have.

From my understanding, the Silver Bullet is 510 threaded so to use my 808 cartos, I'll need a 510-to-808 converter piece. Yes..it's called a 510/808 adapter.

With the 18650 XSL 2600mah protected battery and charger, some juice, and the above mentioned PV and converter piece, I should be good to go, right? Yes but get a 510 drip tip also. They make life a little easier and feel better on the lips.

My preference right now is to use the Bloog MF cartos (808), which I believe are optimal in the 3.7v range. So, will my Silver Bullet be 3.7v with that battery? I've heard of people "stacking" batteries and drilling holes and so forth to run it at 6v, but I'm hesitant to do that as I don't think it'd be necessary with the carto's I'm planning on using. Yes the SB will run at 3.7V unloaded. Under load it will drop a little but will still work much better than a proprietary battery.

Also, is a device like this better with an atty or would it do just fine with the cartos I mentioned? Yes, it will be a good device to use with your cartos. I'm a carto fangirl and that's all I use on mine. I use atomizers once in awhile but mostly to test new flavors with which is also what I suggest you do. Get a couple of atty's to go along with the SB. You'll need 510's.

Thanks in advance!

Sinlak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Orange County, CA

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
i'm getting that overwhelmed/excited feeling again. most of all, my wallet hurts. i just bought a pair of 510 1.5ohm atty's from cisco to go with my SB which I'm gonna run, initially, at 3.7 volts. is that a suitable mix? i plan on dripping because it seems so cost efficient and an effective way to vape but now i'm reading about dewicking/debridging and so forth.

my next set of questions:

Will the Cisco 1.5ohm LR Atty's be suitable to drip with a Silver Bullet running at 3.7v? Will they require initial cleaning, debridging/dewicking? Is debridging/dewicking difficult? I'm up for a challenge here and there but I don't wanna screw up the atty's and blow my $20.

sort of off topic here but i hear people using 3 drops as the magic number while dripping. how many, say, 3 second puffs can you get out of 3 drops? just curious. i know it varies, but how long can an atty last if used exclusively for dripping? ballpark figure. like, for instance, i know a carto can last over a week or more if maintained properly.

thanks in advance.

Sinlak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Orange County, CA
That set up is fine, I still say you should get a 510 to 510 adapter + a drip shield tho. And with a cisco 510 I get like 7 hits off 3 drips, with ikv 910 I can get near 20. I duno what makes such a big difference maybe the mesh is tighter on an ikv or something but I have thrown all my ciscos out once I tried ikenvapes lol. also Dont bother with 6volt+ vaping it just hot vapor lol. and if you do get 6v you need a 3+ohm atty otherwise you will pop your atty.1.5-2.5 work fine at 6v, 2.5 you have to hit it for a lot longer than at 1.5 ( I prefer 1.5-1.8ohm at 3.7v over almost evertything I have tried so far)

also dont forget to get a DRIP TIP for your 510, check my post on page 1 for some links

Last edited:

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
I need to toss a caveat in here. Avid 1.5 atty's (That's Cisco brand) do NOT have any primer. NONE so do NOT put them on your SB and hit the button. You'll cook them.

When I'm priming an atty (I use 306 1.5 from Avid myself), I drop about 5 drops of juice into it, give it about 30 seconds then drop anotehr 3-5 in. Dripping is not as easy as it sounds. Some folks would have you believe your able to do it out of the box. Maybe you will. However MOST of us didnt'. Takes time and practice. I would recommend reading as much as you can about dripping if you opt for that method. Just my 2cents

Sinlak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Orange County, CA
@sinlak: thanks for all your help so far. did you mean 510 to 910 adapter? also, the cisco's are coming with a drip tip. do you have to debridge/dewick the ikv 910? what about the cisco's? will look into a drip shield now.

No, you dont have to debridge or dewick anything, once you clean your atty for the first time (prolly after 2 weeks of use) the wick will come out, dont worry about the bridge. And I meant 510 to 510 (it makes the connection where you put your 510 a little longer so the drip-shield will fit over it better and let air flow smoother).

I have de wicked and de bridged some ciscos, but honestly just dont worry about it. when you get the attys, drip 3 drops of your juice right onto the mesh, wait like 2 minutes or so then drip anohther 3 (the first 3 is called priming, making sure everything is wet so it dont heat up to hot), then vape away!,

and heres a tip, if you hear the atty cooking for like a second AFTER you let go of the button of your SB, give it a couple drops, means its drying out. but you will prolly notice the taste get worse and add some drops anyways. Just my little trick :p

and to the above posters commet, for me it was real easy right out of the box. My first device was a reo grand, I primed it like people say (just putting a couple drops on) waited a bit, then added some juice via squanking (this is squeezing the juice bottle) and bam, easy peasy. and once I got my 901s in, couple drops-wait-couple drops-vape-vape-vape...taste changes-couple drops-vape vape vape..you get he idea ;). and 901s/510s are pretty similar when it comes to using them, the 901 will hold more juice and is less likely to leak tho

edit: also if you DO want to de-wick or de-bridge and you want something from avid, get the AERO stuff. works great or you can try this http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/135-hybrid-atomizers/865-510-hybrid-atomizer-15-ohm.html its like the HH from avid, but its 15$ cheaper and the mesh is more tightly wound so you get less leaking :)

Last edited:

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
Awesome. So, I still need a 510-510 adapter and a Drip Shield. After priming the atty for the first time (3 initial drops, wait, 2-3 more drops), do you just use 3 drops thereafter? I wanna try and keep the SB housing as clean as possible.

Recommended Drip Shield? 510-510 Adapter? Links if you have them, please.

Also, if I go with an IKV 910 atty, I'd need a 510 to 910 adapter right?

I'm from the Modesto/Stockton area.

Sinlak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Orange County, CA
Empire 901 Drip Shields drip shield
PV Adapters adapter (just pick the 510 to 510 from drop down)
and yes if you go with ikv 901 you need the 510-901 adapter, you can buy thos right at ikenvape.com. the setup you see in my pic on the first page is with a 901 from ikv at 1.8ohms with a 510-901 adapter and a empiremods drip shield on my prodigy 3.1
and yeah just add 3 more drops after priming and ur good to go my brotha

edit : there is also drip shields at avidvapor, but they only offer the black ones. I like the style of mine, has a kind of cool look. but its all up to you. what color SB you got?
(also just fyi im about to pass out so if you got any more specific questions just PM me man ill reply as soon as I wake up im MORE than happy to help!)

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
will my Volt cartos fry at 6v? I'm thinking I'll get the CR123A batteries as well, just to make the SB more versatile. I've got 40 some odd blank Volt cartos to burn through now.

Just an FYI.
Hubby uses volt cartos at 6V. If you keep them wet and don't take 12 second draws they're fine. They will taste burnt if you let them get dry or draw too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread