Water in Joyetech ego aio tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappler

Sep 13, 2019
Hi.

I'm total beginner with e-cigarettes. I have Joyetech ego aio box and I wanted to clean the tank, but I did probably stupid thing. I thought when you pour liquid into tank, it's ok to pour the water into it a clean it with that. After I cleaned it with water, I dried it with hairdryer and it seemed pretty dry. The day after i was vaping and suddenly I felt a burnt taste. After I changed the coil the taste was ok but after 4 days tastes it tastes burnt again. Then I read that you shouldn't pour water into joytech ego aio tank, so I'm scared. Is it already ruined? Also I found out that joytech coils usually lasts for 3-5 days, so could IT be just burnt coil?
Thanks for your advice.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you rinse your tank out with water to clean it, remove the old coil first or prime/use a new coil before adding e-liquid again.

I don't understand why using water to clean out the tank would ruin it. Makes no sense.

Be sure that you prime your new coils prior to adding e-liquid to fill up the tank. The below tutorial is for a different tank, but the general principles remain the same.

pineappler

Sep 13, 2019
If you rinse your tank out with water to clean it, remove the old coil first or prime/use a new coil before adding e-liquid again.

I don't understand why using water to clean out the tank would ruin it. Makes no sense.

Be sure that you prime your new coils prior to adding e-liquid to fill up the tank. The below tutorial is for a different tank, but the general principles remain the same.

Well, I thought the water would ruin it, because in joytech ego aio, you can't take the tank out of the e-cigarette, but it's inside connected with baterry and so on. But I thought that when you pour the liquid and it won't damage, then pouring the water won't damage it as well, but I read on some other forum that it's vulnerable from water.

Sorry, my english isn't the best.

• Optimistic

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, I thought the water would ruin it, because in joytech ego aio, you can't take the tank out of the e-cigarette, but it's inside connected with baterry and so on. But I thought that when you pour the liquid and it won't damage, then pouring the water won't damage it as well, but I read on some other forum that it's vulnerable from water.
No, that doesn't make any sense. If e-liquid can't get inside the device, why should water be able to get in? The only way that I can think of that could cause internal water damage to the entire battery device would be should water get into the USB charging port.

pineappler

Sep 13, 2019
No, that doesn't make any sense. If e-liquid can't get inside the device, why should water be able to get in? The only way that I can think of that could cause internal water damage to the entire battery device would be should water get into the USB charging port.
Ok, thanks for your help, I just wanted to be sure. I thought that maybe there Is some kind of a filter that is immune to E-liquid but not water, because the water Is runnier than liquid. But thanks, I'm calm now.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Personally, I would never have chosen that setup.
  • AIO (all in one) setups are extremely limited in function.
  • You don't have the option to try different tanks if you don't like the original one.
  • It doesn't have variable power capability. With variable wattage, you can adjust the power setting on the fly for different flavors or to change the heat of the vapor and the amount of vapor made.
That's ok. It's your first vape device and we all learn from experience. Many vapers own a few setups before they realize what setups work best for them.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am NOT surprised that a new vaper's system is an AIO. EVER. It's appealing to a novice-- all one piece, not so many moving parts, etc. Probably why they are STILL on the market.

The only way I could see water being a problem is that it is thinner than most eliquid, so it might be able to sort of worm its way down into the electronics somehow, IDK. It's probably just the coil though in all likelihood.

However, OP, there are MUCH better devices out there for you, should you be interested. Etc.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Sorry, my english isn't the best.
The parts not inside the tank would be. If you splashed water into the other parts ther could be a problem. The problem wouldn’t be a burned coil though so I doubt it’s the issue. Coil cartridges degrade over time, and can be made to degrade much faster in various ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread