Wattage for .5ohm coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARKFIRE007

Nov 16, 2014
Alabama
I was also curious about the Atlantis, But I will be doing some safe sub ohm research before trying it. My guess is nothing less than 40 watts to power it. One youtube vid showed a guy vaping it at 45. The siegeli (how do you SPELL that?) 100 watt box mod would seem to be a good choice for the Atlantis. If your max on that mod is 30 watts I would think it would be under powered for .5 ohm. But I could easily be wrong.

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
I was also curious about the Atlantis, But I will be doing some safe sub ohm research before trying it. My guess is nothing less than 40 watts to power it. One youtube vid showed a guy vaping it at 45. The siegeli (how do you SPELL that?) 100 watt box mod would seem to be a good choice for the Atlantis. If your max on that mod is 30 watts I would think it would be under powered for .5 ohm. But I could easily be wrong.
I don't know, a normal clearo usually maxes out about 17W and although I think this will be good for higher power I don't think it will cope with really high power. Have to wait and see though.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
unregulated a .5 ohm coil hits at 35 watts. So 30 watts it will be slightly under powered but "probably" still a pretty good vape. Equivalent to a partially discharged battery on a mech... Just because people on youtube are hitting it at 45 watts doesn't mean I have to. Kinda cool that it can do that but I doubt that is where I would live on a device like that.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
well, 0.5 ohms on a mech is basically 30 watts, so wouldn't be getting much benefit firing on a dna30. Oh Sigelei is spelled S-I-G-E-L-E-I :D

Can't say anything about the Atlantis, except liked the series:lol: haven't looked at a changeable atty since going the way of the rba. But do find 50-70 watts to be a good vape number for me.

Vape long and Prosper.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Windx, yeah, have the Sigelei 100, Cloupor T6 & T8. All three damn fine boxes. T6 is becoming me fave of the three. Much better feel in the hand, though purrforms best with a single coil rba. Loving all three, and now just have to decide which skin wrap to get for each. Going to put the TARDIS wrap on T6, since it's blue:D

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Check out the BEC prop 50 watt tube mod by Smoktech, it will run just about everything you have mentioned wanting to do and it will give you some head room to play with. I only recommend this because the next step up from a dna 30 would be a 50 watt box and all the 50 watt boxes IMO are junk and I happen to like sigelei products but their 50 watt box had its quirks and issues so I'm not inclined to recommend it however the Sigelei 100 watt is very solid performer and stay away from the clouper stuff I have had horrible luck with their stuff all the way around screen goes to sleep won't wake up sometimes when firing it wouldn't stop had to take battery out so yeah just not real impressed by them and I had alot of quality control issues with IPV line so yeah not going to recommend the P4Y stuff either. There is also the Vamo V8 40 watt tube mod my friend bought one so i borrowed it and played around with and it did what it was supposed to and wasn't a bad price either if you're not totally set on a box.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Or have a 50 dollar tank melt in my hands......

(Kayfun center post insulator ring a bell?)

:lol: all me tanks are surgical Stainless Steel, haven't built hot enough to melt one yet. :lol: haven't cracked or broken one either. And never melted an insulator on a Russian/Kayfun, but have vaped the Russian at like 70 watts:D But then, must say, have paid more than $50 for most me tanks. lmao. Did melt the insulators on the Aqua though, but hey, 0.20 build, accidently locked firing switch, went to the bathroom, came back to a fog filled London night, and one hot mod........these things happen.

Only thing that has rung my bell lately is the Gus Estia and the flashi on the T6, plus a few other apv's. :D

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

Get your idea for an original set up. I actually have that exact set up because I was able to buy an Atlantis early from a buddy that owns a vape shop. Works great on 30 Watts and I love the VaporShark. I have vaped it up to 50 on my IPV, but it is unnecessary because it works fantastic a 30, plus it COMES WITH a 0.8 Ohm coil so you can vape it at lower Wattages. If you really want to get a Sigeli or IPV3, because of the lower price and higher watts, do it. But, as I said before, it works great at 30!

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I do not wish to hijack this thread (but), mdipan, do you love the Atlantis, I am so on the edge of preordering (and I don't usually pre-order anything). Do you think it's worth it. I will pair it with a Segelie 100W box. I'm also close to pulling the trigger on the box or maybe I can get the wife to give me one for Christmas.........no I can't wait that long!!!!!!!!!

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR
I do not wish to hijack this thread (but), mdipan, do you love the Atlantis, I am so on the edge of preordering (and I don't usually pre-order anything). Do you think it's worth it. I will pair it with a Segelie 100W box. I'm also close to pulling the trigger on the box or maybe I can get the wife to give me one for Christmas.........no I can't wait that long!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead and get the Sigelei 100W. It's a really great mod, you will not be disappointed. As far as the Atlantis goes, do you want to rebuild? If so, I'd get something else like a Kayfun/Orchid or an RDA like the Tugboat or the TOBH. If you don't want to rebuild, the Atlantis is probably a really good choice. I'm thrilled that people who don't want to or can't rebuild for whatever reason(s) can get an RBA/RDA level vape right out of a box!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread