Wattage vs. Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolman

Jan 8, 2017
I am not new to vaping, but kinda new to building coils. I used to think lower ohms better performance (clouds). Now that I have a better understanding of how to use steam-engine and the simple idea that mechs hit at nominal battery voltage (3.6-4.2). I think that if I was to build around voltage it may be more efficient (example not having to pump a ridiculous amount of watts). The question I propose to you is if my target is 100 Watts, with that being said is it better to build the atty to .1764 ohms to maximize best performance (flavor & clouds)
without sacrificing battery life?

Thanks out there for your input!
BTW this is for a regulated mod.

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
That would amp out to 23.81a.

How many batteries in this regulated-mod example AND in parrallel or series?

EDIT: consider also that;
1. some mech's run much higher than 4.2v (series mech's 8.4v, 11.1v, etc)
AND
2. that regulated mod's can "boost" voltage (raise above direct-battery-voltages) and/or "buck" (step down) voltages.
3. low ohm builds consume amps
4. high ohm builds consume volts
5. all consume watts regardless

Last edited:

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
You need to include voltage sag if you are trying to get similar performance to 100W on a regulated mod. After sag, at high current, you'll get a 3.8V to 3.2V slide.

I'd build to .13 ohm. That will give you a 110W to 80W slide with 70% of the vape time between 90W and 100W.

I like low mass quick hitting builds on a single cell mech. Naked N80, 23 or 24 gauge, 3mm to 4mm ID, 3 or 4 spaced wraps. Sony VTC5A, LG HB6 or HB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread