• Choose not to answer

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMcVayp

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2013
Florida
I read this with interest as last year I decided to lose 55 pounds, and this December (only a month ago) I decided to quit smoking (2 PAD) and start vaping. I did notice food cravings but I think it was part of the lifestyle switch. I don't think I actually craved food as much as I "wanted" and couldn't figure out that I was wanting. Just because we vape instead of smoke, it is still a major lifestyle change (and ANY change is stressful) and there's still 3999 odd other chemicals we are withdrawing from. That is going to shock the system and the psyche a bit, lol. Heck, when I sit down at my computer table I still pat all the papers looking for a lighter, lol. I've even picked up my PV in one hand and a lighter in the other then got all confused! So far my weight is about the same depending on the time of the month (I'm a girl), but I am also being careful to watch that I don't start eating too differently than I did in my pre-vape life as I can gain weight easily if I don't keep an eye on things.

r2d2

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
NC
Lucky me, apparently I'm the only one who's gotten fatter. Packed on about 15 since I quit smoking in April. No changes in exercise or dietary habits. Slowly taking it back off now by following the clean diet... No gluten, sugar, dairy or red meat. Or alcohol BOO!

You're not the only one. I have packed on an additional 27lbs since I quite analogs August of last year. It's weird, analogues would act as an appetite supressant for me but vaping flavored juices seems to have the opposite effect. As soon as I take the first puff, I get hungry :(

Maybe I should get off the fruit juice flavors, lol!

copperpot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Anchorage, AK USA
I've only been vaping 26 days, and off analogs for 24 days... but I'm definitely losing weight. Mostly due to being able to vape inside while I watch tv in the evenings/weekends instead of snacking. In the winter you have to be pretty motivated to go outside for a smoke, and smoking inside has never been an option. Nicotine is finally working as an appetite suppressant for me. Once I noticed I was eating less due to vaping, I started trying to make other small changes to speed up the weight loss. Down to two sodas a day, more water, and healthier food options with smaller portions when I do eat.

I've lost weight but hard to tell if it's from changing jobs, switching to ejuice, or both. Started new job as a plastics injection operator in Nov 2013 and we do 12 hr shifts 15 of every 30 days. Lots of standing, walking and movement plus the machines can get pretty hot at times. I think if eJuice related it's probably the dehydration factor of the PG in the 50/50 juice I had been using but I did order two 10ml bottles that were 70PG/30VG a while back and found that to give me muscle cramps in my legs when I slept after work so next will be 40PG/60VG like we've just ordered for the wife from Zeus. Prior to working in the factory as an operator I was a self employed IT service tech so lots of sitting while driving to sites and not a lot of strenuous exercise except when doing cabling. Many people in the IT field seem to have weight issues as well I've noticed over 19 yrs of doing IT work. Not all but most.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I have gained a significant amount of weight since quitting smoking. And it's not because I'm eating more. I'd like to see some studies on the metabolism of PG/VG and their effects on weight.

Ditto Ditto
I went to vaping full time within the first few days of trying it.
Over a year and 1/2, I gained about 4 pounds, then the bottom fell out.
All of a sudden, about 5 months ago, I started gaining like mad.
The diet I have been using for 41 years isn't working anymore.

It's crazy, and my doctor has no answers.
I asked him if it was because the pg and vg go straight to the liver and are used for energy first, if it was allowing my body to keep and store the fat that it usually uses for energy ??
In other words the body is not using any of the food I eat for energy, it's just storing it, and at the same time, hanging onto what it already has stored, since the pg and vg are being used now. ... he'll "check" on it
And if so .. when did that switch take place and why, and what do I do about it ??

So , I restricted the diet even more, and it's getting even worse.
I've gained 1/4 of a pound each and every day of this week alone.
I was mixing at 70/30vg .. tried switching it to 90/10vg because I thought there was two much "natural" sugar in the vg.
Didn't change anything .. then because VG is considered a sugar alcohol and used in reduced sugar, and low carb foods, as a sweetener without raising the blood glucose, I flip flopped it and went to high vg and low pg.
Still gaining ...

I'm about ready to go back to smoking as a desperate attempt to at least stop the gaining.
It's like my metabolism threw a switch.
Your suppose to gain a few pounds when you FIRST quit smoking (which always happened to me before)
..not start gaining a year and half later.
I always had to go back to smoking, and it would take me 1-2 years to lose what I had put on in 8-10 weeks of no smoking.
How do you go on a diet when your already on one ???

The doctor has no ideas, he's suggesting I drop foods that I don't even eat.
He's suggesting an appetite suppressor which I don't need.
I developed all the will power (stubbornness) I'll ever need years ago.
When it comes to controlling your weight methods, I've "been there, done that", and the doc can't think of anything new to try.

Most everyone loses, because they are replacing the real treats with the vapor flavors, and I'm happy for them.
With the average person, you do "this, and "this" will happen ..not for me and I'm used to that.
It's frustrating, and I've taken advantage of this thread to "vent".
Not much traffic on here, but even if I'm talking to myself, I feel better.
Mostly, I hope it tells someone else blessed with a metabolism like mine that they are not alone.
Sure like to know where this "KARMA" I was born with came from ??

Reactions: Carolyn Z
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread