Weird looking wick on new 901 atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakfastPirate

Jan 17, 2010
Chicago, IL
So I just ordered three new atomizers for my 901 off of e-smokeytreats and they look a little different from the ones I received from vapor kings. On my previous atomizers if I look directly into the cart end I could see the silver metal ring inside and the wick going down into it. On these new ones it looks as if the wick is melted onto this silver ring instead of going into the hole. I'm having trouble getting good flavor out of the new atomizers. Is there something wrong with these atomizers?

BreakfastPirate

Jan 17, 2010
Chicago, IL
My old atomizers (the one where the wick actually goes down into the hole) appear to also be genuine SLB. They had inscriptions that read "SLB" and "09 12".

Is it normal for the wick to be attached to this ring and not actually go into the hole? I'm getting no vapor from these new atomizers as it appears to not be taking any e-liquid from the cartridge at all. Switching the same cartridge to one of my old atomizers produces fine vapor.

BreakfastPirate

Jan 17, 2010
Chicago, IL
I really wish I could edit posts on here, all this double posting is driving me crazy.

Upon closer inspection of the new atomizer, the ring is white (hard to tell because the bridge is covering it). I'm getting some vapor from it after a good 20-30 puffs but still terrible flavor. Unfortunately I just ran out my last bottles of e-liquid refilling a couple cartridges so I can't try direct dripping the new atomizers for now.

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
No worries I figured out what you meant there is a wick but you should not be able to see it.

I do think these atomisers may just be dry and need breaking in - another possibility the cart you are using is not coming in to contact with the bridge and that would cause poor vapour production.
It only needs to be 0.5mm of a difference and the vapour drops off.

If this is the case try pull the filling out a bit.

Last edited:

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
Here is a pic of the inside of an atomiser.
Courtesy of Trog the ScrewDriver Forum.
atom-1.jpg

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
Kattack you may have been using the wrong cart for that atomiser.

The SLB inscribed atomiser has a pointy bridge and their carts tend to be slightly shorter.
They also used to have a larger air hole meaning easier to draw on but also a lighter vapour, I dont know if the new generation one is different.

First union make the RN type that atomiser does not have anything inscribed on it only their batteries have SH on them.

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
Got mine out (had to dig them up since I'm using a 808 now). Can confirm both types have SLB imprint. The one with fatter bridge and larger air hole is slightly taller bridge-wise.

Not really sure what other cart I could put on since I only saw 901 carts with no other options to distinguish.

Would take a pic and post it but I have no way to load the pics on my computer at this time.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I always blow out mine from the cart side so it comes out the battery end. Make sure to cover the hole on the side when you blow. After that I put in a couple drops of ejuice then blow that threw too. I use menthol so at the point the only thing you taste is menthol. Sorry I can not be of more help than that. It should get better with use though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread